What games are you playing now?

Got -23% offer from GMG… Went there, spotted you don't need gamepad for FF13, paid 10.01€
Yea, one cent made a difference! LOL
So I'll be playing it "now"… When it downloads.

Still working on Frayed Knights. Fun game. Definitely easy to get in over your head, though.

So far, yeah, I don't really care for exploration games. Also, I may be doing something wrong, but it feels that having both real time and VATS combat feels very overpowered. I can snipe from a mile away in real time (in VATS it says the % chance to hit is like 2%, but real time with a scope it's more like 75%), and when the creature gets close, switch to shotgun and VATS, and double wham its head. I think the game should ask you at the start "do you want to play real time or VATS", but probably that's just me.
You can play the entire game with/without using the VATS system. I did a new play-trough on both Fallout 3 & Fallout NV just to see if was possible, and it was.

Using VATS for every combat situation just makes the game play slower, and not using it at all makes the game more of a shooter instead of an RPG game.

What can I say I was bored.:biggrin:

Update: The above comment is my opinion only not a fact.:p

Last edited:
Other than to try it a few times at the start of the game, I never used VATS when I played FO3.

Using VATS for every combat situation just makes the game play slower, and not using it at all makes the game more of a shooter instead of an RPG game.

Nah, that's nonsense. :) Whether or not you use VATS doesn't make it more or less of an RPG. I didn't use it simply because I thought it made combat too easy.

Got -23% offer from GMG… Went there, spotted you don't need gamepad for FF13, paid 10.01€
Yea, one cent made a difference! LOL
So I'll be playing it "now"… When it downloads.

Let me know what you think, I am playing with keyboard + mouse and it works fine... the download size is sick though.... 48 GB.....

League of Legends and Europa Universalis 4 are the games I'm playing when I have time lately.

League of Legends:
- I understand now that I used to be shit. I am still shit, but slightly less shitty
- I played two ranked games this weekend and my team in the first game communicated a lot and tried to work together. In the second game, people started flaming after the second kill saying, we've lost…. It shows how playing sometimes can be so much fun and sometimes, it's just isn't. Still fun, but less.

EU4:
- I started as 2-province Brunswick and my primary goal was to become emperor, secondary goal is to beat France or the Ottomans.
- I managed to gain a large territory and I'm now even seen as a Great power in the World.
- I became Hannover quite quickly
- Bohemia has just become the Emperor after Austria got massacred by France.
- I have one elector on my side and I am planning to vassalise another one to get someone else one my side.
- It's harder than playing as Bohemia who actually starts the game as an elector and so you can just vote for yourself.

DA:I. I am seriously stunned how obscure and difficult it is to get the tomes for the rift Mage specialization. A big WTF on that. So exploration is so tedious with all the respawning and few and far between fast travel points. Should I just skip it and focus on the main quest?

DA:I. I am seriously stunned how obscure and difficult it is to get the tomes for the rift Mage specialization. A big WTF on that. So exploration is so tedious with all the respawning and few and far between fast travel points. Should I just skip it and focus on the main quest?

If you're not enjoying the exploration, I would definitely skip it :)

I'm still plodding along in Divinity: Original Sin and still having fun with it. The combat's getting quite strategic now that I've got a bigger range of powers. I've never played an RPG that had such good battlefield control options. The right spells in the right places can turn an impossible fight into something far more manageable, but without feeling half-assed about it. Of course, it does mean that sometimes I only get through one or two fights in a play session, but it always feels like time well spent.

League of Legends and Europa Universalis 4 are the games I'm playing when I have time lately.

League of Legends:
- I understand now that I used to be shit. I am still shit, but slightly less shitty
- I played two ranked games this weekend and my team in the first game communicated a lot and tried to work together. In the second game, people started flaming after the second kill saying, we've lost…. It shows how playing sometimes can be so much fun and sometimes, it's just isn't. Still fun, but less.

EU4:
- I started as 2-province Brunswick and my primary goal was to become emperor, secondary goal is to beat France or the Ottomans.
- I managed to gain a large territory and I'm now even seen as a Great power in the World.
- I became Hannover quite quickly
- Bohemia has just become the Emperor after Austria got massacred by France.
- I have one elector on my side and I am planning to vassalise another one to get someone else one my side.
- It's harder than playing as Bohemia who actually starts the game as an elector and so you can just vote for yourself.
Sounds fun. I'll have to play a proper HRE game sometime.
I find Ottomans quite easy to beat in every game I've played. France, on the other hand, does require a lot of trickery.

Sounds fun. I'll have to play a proper HRE game sometime.
I find Ottomans quite easy to beat in every game I've played. France, on the other hand, does require a lot of trickery.

If you play as a big power, France is not too hard to beat, but starting as a really small two county power with very strong limits on expansion (emperor can request unlawful territory to be returned and if you say no everyone hates you) makes it much slower. In that time span France expands and gets very strong too.

Let me know what you think, I am playing with keyboard + mouse and it works fine… the download size is sick though…. 48 GB…..

Quick impressions after playing for a while:

1. Horrible engine, camera is clunky, movement feels like being bumped against invisible baloons. Like pulling stuff on phones. Dunno how to describe it better. Disaster!

2. Controls are PC's enemy. This is unbelievable. Map on X? Instachanged to M. ESC=game exit and is not changeable, backspace is what ESC should be? Google, sharpkeys found, download, install, now esc is backspace and vice versa. This is insulting. Why did I pay 10€ for this crap?

3. WTF is with graphics options? Shading… What? Put 4096x4096, dunno what's that. AA on max (16x), so far no stutters.

4. Superb hair design, spectacular cutscenes, erm… don't those characters look perhaps a bit too… Don't know how to describe. Innocent? No… Kinky? Yea, kinky. That's the proper word.

5. OMG I adore Vanille's "twerking", this is brilliant, I'm not joking!

6. Oh, yeah… Standard lousy inventory system in another Square Enix game. The person who invented this inventory design should be shot. The plague spread on PC so killing that bastard wouldn't help much today, but at least I'd feel a bit happy.

Continuing with the game, but besides Vanille's butt, can't say I'm amused.

Put aside Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin for a little bit ... but I'll be back.

Avernum 2 - love it ... but will have my review in the next day or so :)

Supreme League of Patriots - previewing this, comes out next week. So far I am greatly enjoying it for the funny style. It is a classic point & click adventure.

Strife - jumped back into this ... really do enjoy it!

If you're not enjoying the exploration, I would definitely skip it :)

I had to take a break from exploration. Doing the companion quests is much more interesting. It's always been Bioware's strength and it appears to continue to be the case for DA:I.

Just wow about Dorian's. Talk about social commentary… And Iron Bull's was quite a tough choice. Wonder what others did there, and if there are any consequences…

Last edited:
Yeah I'm wondering about Iron Bull quest as well.

I've chosen to:

Save his gangs rather than finish the mission. I got the feeling Bull cares for his gang members more than of Qun...

I also recently noticed, companion's tarrot card changes when you finish personal quests (with the exception of advisors). I don't like cole's new card.... and some of others. It's a shame Cullen doesn't get new card either, his tarrot doesn't look anything like him in game.

Yep, I went that way too. It seems like he cared more about them, than the Qun. Plus, more characters is more interesting than more operations on the map, I think. I guess that will kill any more Qun tip offs to operations on the War Map. Not sure what else it will effect.

Sera's new tarot card is kind of funny. :)

Don't think about consequences! Pick the choice you think fits better in your current run.

You'll replay the game for different choices just as I will... Or perhaps not. :D

Quick impressions after playing for a while:

1. Horrible engine, camera is clunky, movement feels like being bumped against invisible baloons. Like pulling stuff on phones. Dunno how to describe it better. Disaster!

2. Controls are PC's enemy. This is unbelievable. Map on X? Instachanged to M. ESC=game exit and is not changeable, backspace is what ESC should be? Google, sharpkeys found, download, install, now esc is backspace and vice versa. This is insulting. Why did I pay 10€ for this crap?

3. WTF is with graphics options? Shading… What? Put 4096x4096, dunno what's that. AA on max (16x), so far no stutters.

4. Superb hair design, spectacular cutscenes, erm… don't those characters look perhaps a bit too… Don't know how to describe. Innocent? No… Kinky? Yea, kinky. That's the proper word.

5. OMG I adore Vanille's "twerking", this is brilliant, I'm not joking!

6. Oh, yeah… Standard lousy inventory system in another Square Enix game. The person who invented this inventory design should be shot. The plague spread on PC so killing that bastard wouldn't help much today, but at least I'd feel a bit happy.

Continuing with the game, but besides Vanille's butt, can't say I'm amused.

1. Yes, agree.
2. Controls are not good, but they were ok for me, that is of course I don't expect much from a console port. At least it is possible to use keyboard and mouse ok.
3. Those setting are okay, shading is just the size of the shadowmaps 4096 is ok setting for this, one thing you have to do aside from those settings is to force anisotropic filtering 16x, in Nvidia control panel or AMD panel.
4. Yes hair and cut-scenes are just WOW, and it is the reason to play the game. Regarding character design well..... it is a Japanese game I guess... not much to do about that.
5. Ohh, well I am kind of beginning to like her I guess, she is not so annoying as I first though.
6. Yes, agree.

The gameplay appears super simple at first, but it gets a bit more interesting as you progress further into the game. Still, I guess they could probably have made a interactive movie instead of a game ?

Can't say much about combat because I still receive tutorials.
And the game is still shuffling characters so I can try different things.
WTF moment was fighting (in fact "defending") those two floating females called eidolon, for god's sakes could they get some more original name?

Dunno if interactive movie would be better, as the story design here is somewhat confusing and moving away from game towards a movie doesn't guarantee a better product with this material.
For example jumping backwards in time for story filling custscenes is not done well. Did those designers in Square Enix ever watch Baccano? They should.
The general story so far feels as too much of trash piled up over the same junkyard. Irrelevant stuff is being analyzed, but the stuff I do want to know more of, well, that's something noone talks about.

And what do you mean I have to force something in GPU control panel?
All I know is that unlike most of modern games, nVidia geforce experience doesn't have preset of options for this one. Another proof how bad port this is.

Back
Top Bottom