What games are you playing now?

Have you played it before? I had a blast with that one, but it's a long game, and some parts are a little clumsy (like the melee combat).
I tried it two times in the past, but it was a bit of a pain to run in a stable state. And I remember the combat system confusing me.

I tried it two times in the past, but it was a bit of a pain to run in a stable state. And I remember the combat system confusing me.
The performance and stability aren't a problem any more. For the combat, make a manual save before starting to train with Bernard, once you reached that point. I was annoyed because once you train the basics, you can't do it any more, yet it's not obvious with K+M (I don't know how it feels with a controller).

The performance and stability aren't a problem any more. For the combat, make a manual save before starting to train with Bernard, once you reached that point. I was annoyed because once you train the basics, you can't do it any more, yet it's not obvious with K+M (I don't know how it feels with a controller).
I guess I'll unlock the ability to make manual saves later on? Currently it says I need some resource to save.
I can do save and exit, and it seems to save. Weird system. And I don't think I chose a particular difficulty or anything.

As far as performance, with everything on max it does run decent on the latest hardware, but it still has significant drops, from 80-90 fps to 50-60.
And I feel them every now and then. But they're livable. I'll probably see about lowering some settings. I have a feel the difference in visuals won't be groundbreaking.

Installed Geneforge 2 on the Steam Deck and it plays wonderfully. Not sure if I will dig in right away, still chewing through Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.

I guess I'll unlock the ability to make manual saves later on? Currently it says I need some resource to save.
I can do save and exit, and it seems to save. Weird system. And I don't think I chose a particular difficulty or anything.
You'll need a potion every time to do a manual save unless you use a mod.

You'll need a potion every time to do a manual save unless you use a mod.
Weird. So I need that potion for manual saves but I can save & quit without any limitation? And then just reload back into it.

Am I missing something or does the limitation make no sense, aside from forcing you to wait on loads if you want to save?

Weird. So I need that potion for manual saves but I can save & quit without any limitation? And then just reload back into it.

Am I missing something or does the limitation make no sense, aside from forcing you to wait on loads if you want to save?
Well, the save & quit is only 1 slot that overwrites itself. The potion allows you to have multiple saves iirc.

Right, I forgot about that. You should check the two mods I mentioned here: https://rpgwatch.com/forum/threads/which-were-your-favourite-games-this-year.57296/post-1061738315

I think drinking schnapps to save is only to make the game more immersive, but it's an annoyance. It also saves when you sleep (or you have to do it manually when you sleep; I don't remember).

The 2nd mod is to make the animation shorter when you pick herbs. You'll appreciate the mod when you get a quest about that. ;)

I think I'm about a month away from finishing Cyberpunk so I installed BG3 and then couldn't resist checking it out. Dissapointed in the companions - of the three females, two are ugly and the 3rd is evil, so romance will not be optimal. Then classwise, I hate the warlock class, the only cleric in the party is evil (wtf!), and why isn't the Githyanki a paladin? Wish I could make my own party. Created a sorcerer and a Lathander cleric as possible mains. I think the cleric would probably be the most useful for the group, but I like my sorcerer more. Unless I have a strong idea before I play, it will be the sorcerer.

I like using stealth as long as possible when attacking bandit camps, to make it less dull. I try to take the first people out with stealth or with the sharpshot bow, then I start to make them confused and panicked, and finally I finish them up out of stealth.

But out there in the wild, I only used it when there's an opportunity or to avoid enemies.
That makes sense. I would say that, though, as I did the same thing. ;) Stealthed in bandit camps, I mean. I had the impression you were using it against everything, i.e dinosaurs.

I've passed the 90 hour mark in FFVII:Rebirth. I've now officially played it longer than I did Cyberpunk 2077 in either of my playthroughs (high 80's both times). It's fairly remarkable; I've been bored and/or annoyed for maybe 2 of those hours. Rebirth has been one of the most consistently fun experiences I've had playing a videogame in some time.

I'm in chapter 12 of 14 and wrapping up side content now before I head into the endgame (chapters 13&14). I'm not sure what I'll play next.

That makes sense. I would say that, though, as I did the same thing. ;) Stealthed in bandit camps, I mean. I had the impression you were using it against everything, i.e dinosaurs.
Only when it's quicker. @danutz_plusplus seemed to prefer using stealth most of the time, though.

I've also cheesed a very few when I was too under-levelled, I'm ashamed to say. :)

Only when it's quicker. @danutz_plusplus seemed to prefer using stealth most of the time, though.

I've also cheesed a very few when I was too under-levelled, I'm ashamed to say. :)
Oh. Right. ;) I got you guys mixed up when you were the one who responded. It was Danutz that prompted my post.

I have been playing two games

1. Divinity Original Sin (in co-op)
It's slow going as we have to both have time to play, but been playing through it and probably almost at the end. I find the game good, but the story is less interesting to me than Div OS2 was (which I played first).
I do like the easter eggs about the Watch and Codex. When I saw all the imps talk about a special Codex, it clicked immediately :D

After having played Div O2 and BG3, it certainly feels like a less fun experience. Everything feels more raw, from the UI to the interactions. Larian have certainly build upon really good foundations though and you can see the evolution from game to game.

Oddly enough, for me at least, I found a lot of quest bugs still after they have released the definitive edition. I usually don't notice bugs like this, but there have been a few places, where quests couldn't complete, e.g. someone died, or some unit gets stuck in combat for ages thinking about nothing.

Overall still having fun, but just 'less' of it.

2. Rogue Trader
I find this game quite fun. The lore is very new to me so there are many things I don't catch the nuances of until later, but I do like learning and reading about it. I really thing they did a great thing with adding those little blue text boxes that explain things. I don't remember which game did it first but I distinctly remember the Pathfinder games and Tyranny doing it. Such a great addition for newbies like me.

The game is otherwise quite standard fare, with some big enemy you're chasing, but I do like it as it has a very different morality system than most games and somehow I sometimes catch myself wanting to be that person that burns an entire town to save the planet :D (not in real life).
I'm playing a bit too much of a goody-two-shoes to really ever survive in this world, but they've made it work pretty easily.

One day I will have to replay as a proper Emperor-loving person, or a heretic, but not now.
The main annoyance is the amount of leveling which I think some people have mentioned in other threads. I know it probably is trying to follow the ruleset, and people hate dumbing down things, but many of these levels feel like filler levels anyway. 3-8% extra damage isn't going to massively affect things. I would have preferred grouping levels and letting them be more impactful each time. Oh well.

You'll never believe what I've been playing and decently enjoying. Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl. I never got too far into it when it first released, and then I never circled back to it.
The shooting mechanics are either sometimes, randomly, very impressive. Or most time pretty janky. But it has its charms.
The atmosphere though, you really can't beat it. Even almost 20 years later.

One thing that's annoying, is the timed quests? Or at least I expect they're timed since the quest log generally says 1 day for a few of them.
I also managed to kill all the mercs that guard the destroyed bridge that leads to Garbage. I managed to cheese them via stealth with my knife.

I don't remember quests being timed. If they are, I've never felt any pressure because of it.

Yes, this game is very enjoyable, even if it's not perfect.
Yeah, some of the side quests are timed. I've not hit the time limit for most of them, but there are few that I'm not even sure where to go to solve (solve require killing some creature until it drops something in particular).
But just generally speaking it's very annoying to have timed quests. They just stress me without anythin to be gained.

EDIT: for ex, I'm supposed to the the tail of a pseudodog. I killed 2 of what looked like pseudodogs (those dark dogs with glowing eyes) but none dropped.
Having looked on a guide it seems there's a more formal quest involving these dogs again, and there you have a higher chance to get the tail.
But this particular quest says I have 1 day to complete it. And I'm not gonna sprint to that more advanced area just to get it. Annoying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom