Wizardry 8 - A Samurai, a Valkyrie, and a Bishop walk into a bar…

Dungeon-crawl RPGs aren't about story, NPCs, etc., they are mostly about interesting combat scenarios and exploration.

Exploring a dungeon to find various placed objects, such as descriptive text describing something interesting, or a hand-placed NPC to add some flavor to the experience is a bit part of these games.

Elminage Gothic is a fantastic game, but it's not about story. There is a story, yes, but the true fun in the game comes from surviving the dungeons, managing your party, surviving the tricky traps and deadly encounters, finding secrets, developing your characters and finding rare loot drops. All of those combined with exploration of vast, maze-like dungeons makes for a very fascinating experience, even without a strong narrative.

My fear for Bard's Tale IV would have to be them placing too much emphasis on companions and trying to make it a character-driven game rather than a gameplay and exploration driven game. Dungeon-crawl RPGs should be focused on gameplay first and foremost.

I got my xbox360 controller to work with Wiz 8!! :)
Some of your must be going wtf right about now. Am I right?

My thought was more like 'that's nice, dear'. ;)

I'm not sure what you want to hear....technically it shouldn't be that hard mapping the keys.

I'm not sure what you want to hear….technically it shouldn't be that hard mapping the keys.
Something about kids these days playing mouse and keyboard games with controllers? :D

Although I must admit currently it is not good enough. I am still tweaking it. The mouse emulation is too jerky for small movements.

Something about kids these days playing mouse and keyboard games with controllers? :D

Although I must admit currently it is not good enough. I am still tweaking it. The mouse emulation is too jerky for small movements.

That would have possibly happened a dozen years or so ago ... most of us, even people like me who played the original Wizardry and other stuff on an Apple ][ way back when ... have console controllers for our PCs, actual consoles in our houses, etc. Whatever works for you to play a game ... have at it. :)

That would have possibly happened a dozen years or so ago … most of us, even people like me who played the original Wizardry and other stuff on an Apple ][ way back when … have console controllers for our PCs, actual consoles in our houses, etc. Whatever works for you to play a game … have at it. :)

I agree with this...although Txa....there are people on here who don't share this:)

Back
Top Bottom