X3: Terran Conflict

I think maps must be purchesed, right ?
You can buy sector maps in the game, yes. You can also grab a jpeg off the internet that shows the entire universe. Since he was having trouble finding a sector, I was offering up the latter.

I meant purchasing the maps in-game - so yes my question has been answered, thanks. :)

Another new patch came out yesterday. Bug fixes, balancing, and a new quest. Gotta love that free stuff!

Steam has a deal this weekend (errr... well, for a few more hours anyway) - you can get X3:TC for just $20.

Target has had the X3 V2.0 box on their $9.99 shelf for a few weeks now.

X3-reunion was not bad and X3-TC is definitely an improvement but i still like X2 more because of cockpits (how the hell you are suppose to play a space sim without cockpits?) , far better fighting system, secret containers ( yes i always make my fist million with them ) , internal docking (allows you to play "mining company") , far faster ships , cash generating fabs , ability to grab one sector from the Pirates and keep it and above all NO windows over windows click fest HUD.

New patch out today. DRM has now been removed from the game.

Maybe interesting for a few space shooter fans:

The new owner of all the classic Ascaron brands announced that DarkStar One will be ported to XBox360.
The game will get a completely new interface and will run at FullHD 1080p(!) with 60 fps. Release in Q2.

The new owner of all the classic Ascaron brands announced that DarkStar One will be ported to XBox360.
The game will get a completely new interface and will run at FullHD 1080p(!) with 60 fps. Release in Q2.

That has to be one of the stranger announcements I've heard in awhile. They're porting a 2006 space sim to the Xbox 360? I hope it does well though...

Yet another new patch out for X3:TC. They've added another new plot, Steam achievements, and some more bug fixes.

I've been having a good bit of fun with with the DDTC mod which adds several interesting new ships to the game. I really need to get far enough along so I can hunt down some firefly transports with my star destroyer. It is my destiny! ;)

I've been having a good bit of fun with with the DDTC mod which adds several interesting new ships to the game. I really need to get far enough along so I can hunt down some firefly transports with my star destroyer. It is my destiny! ;)

Cool, I like the Cylon Raider...

I really wish I had the time to play the X series...

mmmmmm. This looks interesting, although I have NO experience in this genre...

Since I MUST have a PRE-printed manual, would you guys recommend X3: Terran Conflict rather than X3:Gold?

If you want to start with X3 then you might want to get X3: Reunion first, or you could also start with X2: The Threat.

Dhruin has been with the series since the very beginning, so he'd be a good one to answer that, Thrasher. For my part, I played the crap out of X2 but haven't really given X3 much time so far. I don't like the changes to the interface. X2's interface was a real mess, but worked fine once you got to know it. I haven't been excited about X3 enough to re-learn all the commands.

That's consistent with the impression I've been getting. The learning is steep, and switching between incarnations requires a lot of relearning? If so, then I'm thinking just pick the best incarnation to play (since the story is not that important?) I'm sort of feeling my way through this. Advice appreciated. :)

I can't really offer much advice since I haven't played X3. If you choose to play X2, I'd certainly recommend that you get the last official patch (v1.4?). It includes a variety of user-made mods that have been officially checked (to work, and to work together) and incorporated into a single pack. Lots of very good stuff in that pack.

Back
Top Bottom