X3: Terran Conflict

To me, this "Superbox" is a "collector's edition" in the older sense of the word : A collection - an edition - of the game for the fan, for the one who collects everything regarding a particular game.

I don't think it is aimed at winning new customers, so to say, but rather it looks to me as if this is really intended for the fan.

To me, this "Superbox" is a "collector's edition" in the older sense of the word : A collection - an edition - of the game for the fan, for the one who collects everything regarding a particular game.

I don't think it is aimed at winning new customers, so to say, but rather it looks to me as if this is really intended for the fan.

This , i don't see how young players will be interested to play BTF , eXtension or even X2 ; for us old fans they have sentimental value .
I have also lost both my X2 CDs .

I wonder if the Superbox will be available in NA. If so, then I'll definitely buy it, even though I'll probably never find the time to actually play them. I have original box versions of all the X games except X-Tension and X-Gold.

I'd like to at least play BTF someday. I played a few hours into it before, and really liked the experience. I even went and purchased a flight-stick for it, but never found the time to get back to it.

You can get the Superbox in NA... minus the box. It's on Steam.

Ah…. that's too bad. I was hoping it would be a nice little collector's type package with some extras. Artwork, history timeline, etc.

With a box like that, you could play absolutely nothing but X series for about 2 years straight. I'm not completely certain that's a good thing. ;)

I haven't played X3TC yet (so why post, right? ;) ), but I got every bit of 200 hours out of my last run in X2 and I can't imagine X3 being any shorter. Of course, X2 technically can be completed in about 10 hours if you're a very good pilot (I'm definitely not) and do nothing but the main quest (I definitely didn't), so YMMV. It's a sandbox series and gives you the option to build some seriously extravagant sandcastles if you have the time and desire to do so.

I spent 6 months on a contract job in Texas without the wife and kids a few years back, so I had a ton of time to kill and no money to do anything outside the apartment. Outside of a couple Wiz8 runs, I played X2. And played. And played. That 200 hour thing is no exaggeration. The funny thing is that I finally quit not because I lost interest, but because my "empire" grew so large that my old rig simply didn't have the CPU and RAM to drive it anymore. We're talking sucked in, dude. :)

Yeah, sandbox games will do that to me too, if they are engaging enough with rewarding and intersting exploration / lore. The space battle videos I've seen are very impressive; not sure about my ability to handle the realtime aspects, though.

The game (X2 at least, I can't imagine X3 being different) is set up to work well for twitch-skill retards such as yours truly. You can pick your battles the vast majority of the time, so it's no big deal to avoid anything remotely dangerous.

Back in the RPGDot days, there was a guy called EverythingXen that was the resident ace pilot. He could take out a capital ship with a spacesuit and a handful of rocks. I generally ran screaming like a schoolgirl unless the situation was roughly reversed. So, while I spent 200 hours building up a sprawling manufacturing/trading empire to fund a ship big enough to keep me safe, he spent 200 hours (give or take) doing galaxy-wide genocide to buy a carrier to hold his fleet of attack vessels. The good thing about it is that the game allowed both approaches to succeed equally, if differently.

I could swear one of the devs posted that they were aiming for the game to last around 600 hours. I've already put in more than 400 hours according to Steam, and Steam only started keeping track after I had played a long time already.

P.S. I had a bit of fun with the DDTC mod - Muuuhahahaha!

If you want to show your machismo off, play the Dead is Dead option!

Would anyone be interested in X Superbox collection? I have a spare copy available for selling.
It is still sealed just a bit battered around lower corners. This is first edition with printed encyclopedia (already unavailable as they are selling this collection with pdf encyclopedia at the moment). Ultimate gift for any X series fan.:p

SOLD

Last edited:
X3: Terran Conflict is currently $6.80 on Steam. If I had gotten it at that price then I would have paid about a penny per hour of fun. And the graphics are still mighty nice!

Egosoft has put out a new patch (version 3.1) which adds a few fixes for the content they added in 3.0 plus some other minor fixes. It looks like this may be the last patch for the game as Egosoft concentrates on the (still mysterious) next big thing. Two and a half years of patching... I can't think of any other commercial game to do that.

Egosoft has put out a new patch (version 3.1) which adds a few fixes for the content they added in 3.0 plus some other minor fixes. It looks like this may be the last patch for the game as Egosoft concentrates on the (still mysterious) next big thing. Two and a half years of patching… I can't think of any other commercial game to do that.
Arma series.

Sorry for the necro, but why create another thread on the same topic when we can keep all the discussion together in one thread?

I have been playing this now for a few days. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Started as a humble trader and sold the M5 fighter for trading cash. I've almost fully upgraded the TS I started with. I think I'll add a jumpdrive so I can complete missions faster and outrun pirates? Not sure about that.

But my issue is that after a few days, I still only have 800K, and not very high rep anywhere (well, Argon trusted advisor, and Merchant trader reps). I fail most missions because of insufficient freight space on my starter Mercury TS, or because it is too slow, or I don't have the credits to build a factory, or…. Should I concentrate on gaining more wealth another way than trading? It's getting tedious going around the same argon and boron sectors… I was thinking of just going off into unknown sectors and exploring, but I know trade rep regresses if you don't trade for a while. I assume race relations don't regress if you do nothing affecting them?

Also I only have about 800K in cash. Making credits by trading is slow work even with the best buy and sell software. Should I put up satellites so I can see prices in distant sectors?

I have a tough time completing missions. Most of the time limits are too short. Hopefully the jumpdrive will help?

When is a good time to start on the main quests and expansion quests? Do I need a a fleet of factories, trade ships, sector and universal traders, combat experience and fighter ships?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom