Pricewatch!

Steam coupon for Dark Souls II 33% off. Valid until 4/26
If anyone is interested I gladly give it away.

Although tempted by TSW, I have enough secondary games in my backlog that I don't buy more unless prices are at 80% off or more.

Also
The full Secret World massively multiplayer online game with 30 days Membership included.
:?

Last edited:
Although tempted by TSW, I have enough secondary games in my backlog that I don't buy more unless prices are at 80% off or more.

Also
:?

The game is buy-2-play like TESO. The membership isn't necessary to continue playing. The ultimate edition gives you everything up to issues 11 (issues 12, 13 and the recently released 14 aren't included).

Membership benefits are more of a perk to quest lockouts, experience gained, and store points. TSW actually has one of the least intrusive membership/store setups out there, rivaling Path of Exile's. It also does not include access to new issues; these are one of the very few ways Funcom keeps the game afloat (and even that is barely enough, given how unlimited the access is without a sub).

It will take you far longer than a mere 30 days to play through all the content included in the Ultimate Edition by the way… unless you play like 16 hours/day.

If the idea of a Lovecraftian setting with mysteries to solve and a completely freeform class system appeals to you, you should really give it a try. $20 is an absolute steal.

The Secret World is a steal at $20 and yes, you want the Ultimate edition. The Membership provides ongoing discounts and quality of life improvements but it's entirely optional to the play experience.

The Mission/Raid Cooldown perk reduces the timer before you can do the same Mission or Raid again. Mission cooldowns start off very short in the early game and get longer as you reach endgame, eventually capping at around 2 days, but you will never not have another new mission to do. It's really if you like grinding the same ones over and over again. The Raid perk might be more relevant depending on who you run Raids with.

The character animations are clunky but if you push past that the setting is oozing with lore and a really good central story. It is also one of the most single-player friendly MMOs you'll likely ever play. If you find you're enjoying it I would strongly suggest taking a moment to research character builds as the difficulty will eventually ramp and it'll save you time backtracking to fix any mistakes you made.

Wow, nobody else freaking out about BattleZone? I had no clue that classic was getting a facelift and re-release. Currently has 102 positive and 9 negative reviews.

Wow, nobody else freaking out about BattleZone? I had no clue that classic was getting a facelift and re-release. Currently has 102 positive and 9 negative reviews.

Never played the original. And nowadays I am not often testing out anything. The luxury of the recent years of having more RPGs I can play. ^^
Back in the days when I played what I got I might have tried and liked it. ;)

On the subject of the Secret World, The Park is on sale for the next 40 hours or so, at 40% off on Steam. Not directly an RPG, it's firmly in the Walking Simulator genre, but it's set in the same universe as the Secret World and if you link your Secret World account to it you'll get some in-game goodies.

The Park's a nice little creepy romp (I wouldn't actually call it scary) but it will only run about 2 hours if you take your sweet time. I would hesitate to suggest it to anyone not going to link to their account for it's value, so if you just want the story without the MMO tie-in then you're probably better off waiting til it's cheaper. But if you're playing Secret World anyway it's not a bad deal.

The IndieGala Daedalic Bundle includes in the cheapest tier the old forum favourite Zanzarah, I don't think this game was on sale before. It had simply disappeared for a decade.

Does that bundle include all those games above Blackguards or if you want Blackguards, you just get the 4 listed with it?

Does that bundle include all those games above Blackguards or if you want Blackguards, you just get the 4 listed with it?

It's standard procedure that higher tiers include all lower tiers. (Of course that doesn't mean no sneaky shop could get some creative ideas ;) )

I recommend checking out Spirits of Xanadu. It's like an indie version of System Shock, and it's surprisingly good for a budget title.

Thanks - never heard of this one before and it looks right up my street. One for my list...

Don't forget to compare the Steam offers with the current Humble Bundle and the perrmanent bundles at BundleStars. All offer Develver Digital classics at the moment.

Now in The 50 #2 at Groupees:

Geneforge Saga
Gorky 17
4 other games
for 0.50$ minimum.

Back
Top Bottom