Gamescom - Clueless Editor Seeks Input

I backed Ghost of a Tale, so it would be nice to hear about the development progress.

Divinity - Original Sin:

You could ask Swen Vincke if the rumours are true that they want to do a sequel to Ultima.

Don't you think that these are a little bit toooo specific? ^^
Was almost expecting
"Will it be possible to use bodies of kidnapped civilians as human shields in combat in order to escape combat situations?" ;)

Forgot to mention this one ;)

Yeah I know it's too specific but on the other hand I've experienced that over the years the questions of the press (in general) became more and more vague and tame. If I had the chance to be there, then I surely would ask this list, it's specific I know this but then its clear if these points are in the game or not :)

What difference does it make if these ships are from 18th or 19th century? Isn't the game based in a fantasy setting anyways? Or do the ships currently break the logic of this setting, like using technology which would be used in other situations as well? (serious question)

Actually, this game is supposed to be based on reality as stated on the official game site:

Raven's Cry™ plunges you into the dark world of the Golden Age of Piracy, as you follow the story of Christopher Raven and his quest for vengeance against the men who murdered his family. Reality Pump Studios has recreated the world of the 18th century Caribbean in painstaking detail, leaving behind the family-friendly tropes common to portrayals of this era and instead bringing you a gritty, realistic pirate experience like you’ve never seen before.

Players can immerse themselves in a living, breathing environment just begging to be explored, complete with realistic period architecture and geography.

Here are some quotes from the feature list

Detailed and historically accurate weapons and ships bring the 18th century Caribbean to life

Detailed and realistic locations in both the Caribbean and South America

So there is quite a difference if the ships are from a different time period if they should have been from the 18th century and a feature was (historical correct ships). So they have to look like ships from the 18th century and not the 19th century IMHO :)

Btw. If this game would have been based on fantasy then I would not have posted the very first four questions :)

Here is the game website: http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/index/

Check Paradox Development Studio for their first tactical RPG, Runemaster (think release is at the end of the year but not much has been shown yet)
Well Paradox hasn't been responding to my requests for Pillars of Eternity, so at the moment that looks to be dead, which includes any potential meeting for Runemaster.

However, someone from Beamdog read that I was unable to secure a slot with them and he offered some help as he had contacts, so who knows what might happen :)

Wow man!

Very impressive list of impressive studios/game developers!
1) Could you please ask Ali Emek (Logic Artists) about their next project - I haven't finished Expeditions: Conquistador but I was very impressed with the game and its tactical combat - or will there be any DLCs or expansion packs or mission packs for Conquistador?

Check the front page!

Just don't forget to ask Daedalic about a Dark Eye CRPG. :)

(Has already been mentioned in the other thread about an interview with Daedalic by Couch.)

Well Paradox hasn't been responding to my requests for Pillars of Eternity, so at the moment that looks to be dead, which includes any potential meeting for Runemaster.

However, someone from Beamdog read that I was unable to secure a slot with them and he offered some help as he had contacts, so who knows what might happen :)
Gotcha. Don't know if it makes a difference in the case of Runemaster as for Pillars of Eternity they are just publishers, while for Runemasters they are the developers.

nice to do list !

for Larian Studios:

as others mentioned, interested in the latest sales numbers

is DOS bringing in enough to skip the KS stage for their next game or will they KS no matter what

do they want to continue with party / turnbased RPGs now that DOS seems succesful or venture elsewhere (as their RTS hybrids)

any info on what they are planning next of if they cant release this, what they are certainly not planning (sale of the studio as mentioned in a Belgian newspaper a few weeks ago, buying the xxx license)

@Larian Studios:

Divinity: OS is a huge success with a current metacritic score of 87 / 9.1. But if there is one thing you have to name, what would be the thing you would try to improve most when doing a successor?

What is the feedback you receive about the Cooperative gameplay?
Would you do the approach of implementing Coop in the core of the game in a successor as well?

You might have better luck tweeting @Obsidian or @ChrisAvellone - they're remarkably responsive.

Yep, that's more likely as Daedalic has that license and they published Larian Studios Game(s).

However TDE is German. Larian probably has no "connection" to that.

I believe I read a post here that Larian said they had received several buyout offers. Please ensure that isn't going to happen while you're out there. :p

Also, pass along my personal thanks to Swen for the UI scaling in the last Original Sin patch. :)

Divinity - Original Sin:

You could ask Swen Vincke if the rumours are true that they want to do a sequel to Ultima.
If you ask him that, keep an eye on the marketing rep standing behind him. If he/she suddenly grips her taser tightly then we have confirmation! ;)

Does anyone here seriously believe that Larian, after finally achieving a very large degree of independence, would team up with EA to do Ultima? (OK, crazier things have happened but still... :uhoh: )

They say every man has his price...

Added meetings for Pillars of Eternity an Legends of Eisenwald, so if you have questions about these games let me know.

Back
Top Bottom