Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Trailer Released

Demon Lord stole his soul… wow that's new.

Last edited:
Demon Lord stole his sole… wow that's new.
Ah... missing Sole. That explains this picture then.
fish-wanted.jpg

Ok I wasn't very optimistic about this but now I'm liking what I see and also get that need of losing myself in a big open had crafted world to deeply explore (so a PB game).

Climbing won't be in the game though will it? If not that's a shame, as I think that contributed far more than swimming in the great exploration side of the first Gothic games.

It was Zara, not me, dad! ;)
Don't make me get the belt.:evilgrin:

Now I do have one question about the game. How long will the campaign be?

But when I have previously accused PB's games of misogyny and sexism most of the posters here (with only a couple of exceptions) loudly disagreed…

What's your excuse this time guys?

Lack of women NPC doesn't mean that they hate/dislike women, me thinks anyway. If they do hate/dislike women then why not put female NPCs in demeaning ways etc? Thats more damaging than not putting them in the first place.

Having said that I do find it bit strange that their games worlds lack female NPCs given the attention to details these guys put in crafting a believable game world.

Last edited:
I like what I saw! Def looking forward to this. Yeah, the lack of woman does seem rather extreme, now that I stop to think of it ;-) But didn't detract from my enjoyment one jot.

Do we know what the hardware requirements are? The engine looks much the same as Risen 1/2,so I assume not too demanding. I also noticed that the textures don't look very crisp or detailed, esp some ground textures, and the models also looked a bit coarse. I wonder how representative of the best settings the vid was?

Climbing is there too, on chosen spots. Hard to tell how much will they use it.
Good but as you well suggest it all depend to what extent they will use it. I remember specially fondly the first Gothic, which allowed you to reach a lot of places by climbing and even have short cuts to common places. It really felt like it was a world in which you could find new stuff if you would follow your curiosity.
Something like that in this new Risen would be great.

I must admit this trailer sparked my interest in a big way, and I had no prior interest in this game beforehand. I enjoyed the first Gothic game to a great degree, and this game's design philosophy looks like they are making it with that as a guiding influence. I even like that the game looks a bit rough around the edges graphically, heh. This is definitely on my "game radar" now at any rate.

I was impressed by what I saw in the video. It really does remind me of the Gothic Series. I'm hoping the actual game is just as good as this video made it appear.

I found the trailer unconvincing and more of a "Me too!! We've gone old school!" There wasn't a long community input phase was there? The animations still look wonky to me. The combat looks improved but maybe not enough. I'm waiting for reviews before I buy.

While real medieval like Kingdom come deliverance would be 100% normal for there not to be many 'prominent' women, we are taking about a game where skeletons roam the land, you can shoot fireballs out of your ass and a goat creature called a sleeper who is stuck in a temple controls lots of monsters.

If you can suspend your mind of disbelief for that, I sure you can make due with more woman in the world...

The slaves in g1 could just have easily been men.

I do understand that they might not have wanted to do that but claiming that 10% women is normal makes no sense at all.

Removing kids from games is very simply a point of ensuring no kids can be killed which would remove your game from most places in the world and would hurt sales...

Edit: forgive the spelling mistakes....

Typing large replies on a phone is not as easy

The sexist discussion has been moved as I said I would. You can continue the discussion in that thread. I always keep my promises guys.;)

Link- http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show...ww.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24992
I'm not happy about my posting being the first one in a thread titled "Piranha Bytes is Sexist" as it seems that I wrote this title. But that's not my opinion, I never blamed PB to be sexist.
I'd be pleased if you could change the title to something more neutral, e.g. "Lack of female NPCs in PB games".

Last edited:

Yes, I posted the links earlier in this thread in post #22 on page 2 :) .
Generally speaking melee combat still looks pretty terrible to me. If I get around to playing the game one day then I'll definitely stick to magic (and maybe ranged weapons).
I also found the lack of open space in these vids a little worrying. OK. One video mostly showed a dungeon but both islands, Calidor (demon hunter video) and Taranis (magic user video), or at least the portions shown in the video, seemed to be designed the same way as the islands in Risen 2 where things are a little too guided tour style for an "open world" RPG.
The only more open part I've seen so far at all was at 02:27 in the 'Back to the Roots' trailer and even there it's hard to see just how open that particular place really is.

Not going to open another thread.

Apparently german newspaper Gamestar got beta, finished it and say:
forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1213451-List-of-Risen-3-related-information-and-facts?p=23151297&viewfull=1#post23151297
Positive:
1.beautiful and big world.
2.alot to explore.

Negative:
1.problem with fighting system.
2.bad written story.

Wait a minute. Are they talking about Gothic 3 or Risen 3? ;)
In any case, now you know beta sucks. I would never think that's possible, right? :D

And I didn't have a chance to say that I've already preordered it - on GamersGate. In case you're a member on that site, you've certainly received a summer coupon valid till 03.08.2014, looks like this:

2mea9ld.jpg

In the end that means I've paid 40€ instead of fifty. Preorder bonuses are included.

Back
Top Bottom