What is your favorite tv show(s)?

Remus

Antihero
I like the black comedy + violent world of mobster + adult-drama series "The Sopranos", and it is my all-time favorite tv show. The "Lost" also intriguing, but slowly after second season the mysterious cult, the strange black smoke, and other series of unusual series of event felt forced along with the plot development. I am not sure would keep following into third and fourth seasons.

The best comedy-drama should be "Desperate Housewives". I rent the first/second seasons, which are great but i heard the quality of story deteriorated in later season, so i never follow up with the third season. Now i'm following the story of Jack Baeur in "24". It has plot that never run out of new twist, or lie or conspiracy. It suffered from several overly dramatic scenes and implausible stories. Still, it's hilarious seeing Jack Bauer threatening & interrogating a school girl to get information regarding her father cum terrorist.

I like House a lot. Dexter is also interesting, if a bit drawn out, and I watch Bones for my forensics fix. I've also seen various other series, but I find the connected plot and constant cliffhangers a bore (Heroes, Prison Break, Lost...).

Black Adder
Rome
Babylon 5
Star Trek TNG
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Matador (danish show)
In Treatment

I'm not a huge tv person, but I watch occasionally. House is very good, and I find myself partial to all the CSI clones (except the Miami one) as well, despite their melodramatic and gross overtones--but it's TV so that's okay. My very favorite show atm is political, The Rachel Maddow Show.

Black Adder isn't still on is it? I rented a few seasons of it awhile back and it was uniquely hilarious.

House M.D is one of the series that i follow quite regularly

There are so many that Its hard to decide. If I cut to shows that still get new seasons then I would say Battlestar Galactica, Lost and Doctor Who.

From old series Im not even going to try listing anything. Last year I found only one new great old series I havent seen before - Red Dwarf. If you like scifi and havent heard of it check it out.

Currently Im watching through Seinfield but mostly because I have nothing else to watch.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge tv person, but I watch occasionally. House is very good, and I find myself partial to all the CSI clones (except the Miami one) as well, despite their melodramatic and gross overtones--but it's TV so that's okay. My very favorite show atm is political, The Rachel Maddow Show.

Black Adder isn't still on is it? I rented a few seasons of it awhile back and it was uniquely hilarious.

I don't actually watch TV - except in extremely rare cases. I tend to just buy shows that I remember being good from when I DID watch TV - or I borrow the DVDs from friends that recommend them. Sometimes I check IMDB and invest on a whim.

I have no idea whether Black Adder is on in the US (I guess that's where you're from) - but you can get the DVDs pretty cheap. If you intend to invest, I recommend staying away from season 1 - as that's quite different in style from the 3 other seasons. I think it's "ok" but really not that great, and I'd say it's more of a collectors item than a worthwhile investment. My personal favorite is season 2 - where I find the Black Adder character particularly appealing in a nasty sort of way, and I just happen to enjoy the renaissance period more than the rest of them. But both season 3 and 4 are great as well - and I think the very last episode has an interesting and somewhat unique ending given that it's a comedy show. Check it out if you haven't already :)

Muppets
Fraggles
Monty Python

Boston Legal, Chuck, Dr Who are all I'm currently watching

I don't watch tv-series from tv.. I often buy them in season boxes because I can't stand commercial breaks and waiting a whole week to get my next dose sucks :)

Twin Peaks must be the most addictive tv-series I have ever seen. I never saw it back in 90s when it was aired. Luckily they did reruns few years ago so I had to the chanche to see what the fuss was all about. Heh next day I ran into a shop and bought both seasons. Anyone who thinks that lost is something should watch twin peaks.

Battlestar galactica
Babylon 5
Rome
Farscape
Stargate: sg1
Lost
x-files
Band of brothers
Black Adder. First season is not that funny though, but second, third and fourth are brilliant comedy .
Friends.
Sopranos.
The office..The brittish version that is. It has no fake laughs like in the american version and actors are a lot more funnier.

Outside of sports and Disney Channel for the Wild Dogs, I could just about get rid of my tv. The writer's strike got me out of the habit of watching, and I just don't have much desire to start up again. I'm curious how some shows are going (Lost) and will be going (24), but not enough to actually tune in.

I haven't bought many dvd sets yet. I've got Dungeons and Dragons (the 80s cartoon), 3 sets of the Muppet Show, and Space: Above and Beyond. If the prices ever come down, I'll pick up Freaks & Geeks, Millenium, and Lost.

Stargate: sg1
I've tried watching Stargate but I can never get into it. It's just too laid back and doesn't take itself seriously. Too many jokes, which aren't very good imo, and I find the main cast a bit weak. I mean, we're talking about space travel and exploring distant worlds where man hasn't set foot before. What's with all the wise-cracks. Star Trek on the other hand got it right. Especially the first 2 shows( Original and Next Generation).
Band of brothers
Second that. One awesome mini-series.
The office..The brittish version that is. It has no fake laughs like in the american version and actors are a lot more funnier.
I love the american version of it. Steve Carell plays one mean Michael Scott. :p And Rainn Wilson is awesome as Dwight Schrute. :D

And I just got my hands on Deadwood. Man is that show talkative. Ian McShane is amazing as Al Swearengen. And I just found out that the show and characters are based on people with the same names, that lived in Deadwood, South Dakota. Cool. :D

Last edited:
We don't watch too much stuff ...

- Secret Life of the American Teenager - this starts again tonight, and is great to watch with our 'tween' kids, as it is about a 15 year old 'good' girl who got pregnant through a single bad choice.
- Bones
- Criminal Minds

We occasionally watch Grey's Anatomy ... but my interest has long since waned ...

Eli Stone is great and I'd recommend it.
Other than that I haven't been watching anything lately.
I finished the West Wing and SG1 a while ago now, both good shows too.
I watch Lost out of curiosity, but I don't think it's anything good. 24 is the same for me. Season was great, but then they just go on and on, Prison Break too.

ugly betty - some of the worlds most beautful women and one of the best dramas ever. its got humour with out being a shallow comedy. it also has morals without being pseudo christian programming or a "justice" cop show. oh and in addition to the beautiful women and vibrant scripts it has that guy from resident evil and none other than the voice of manny calavera (tony plana).

Now there's a blast from the past!

Looking back on it with catweazle and worzel gummidge on during my youth the BBC was sending out some very confusing messages to young people about the appropriateness of following strange old men in dirty raincoats into the woods because they're offering to show you some magic.

My all time favourites are heavily weighted towards HBO stuff - 6 feet under, the sopranos and Carnivale in particular are works of genius in my opinion.

I've got a lot of time for dexter & breaking bad as well, and Lost (needs watching as a box set rather than week by week), and battlestar galactica for some reason. Oh, and Heroes.

Comedy-wise I'd say Black Books as all time greatest sitcom, I like Entourage & desperate housewives as international offerings and things like Never Mind the Buzzcocks & Have I Got News for You as more UK orientated programming.

I'd say Mr. Bean as well, but since I've got all (?) his episodes on DVD, it isn't a TV show for me anymore. ;)

But I liked him very, very much, especially the very first episode was hilarious. :D

Back
Top Bottom