Technomancer - New RPG Announcement

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thanks to porcozaur it seems Spiders is working on a new RPG called Technomancer.

technomancerposter.jpg

French developer Spiders, makers of Bound By Flame and Mars War Logs, recently announced a brand new RPG in development by the name of Technomancer. Revealed during a press event held by publisher Focus Home Interactive, Technomancer looks to borrow heavily from Mars War Logs and (if I were a betting man) looks to me as if it may be a spin-off of that game as well.

Very little info was shown other than a poster of the game and its title, which is par for the course at these sort of announcement events. Still, for lovers of sci-fi CRPGs this is great news.
Source: Niche Gamer

More information.

Well count me interested as I enjoyed ever game the developer has made. We have a new interview with CEO Jehanne Rousseau of Spiders hopefully later this week.

Update: The game was also officially announced on Twitter.
Jehanne Rousseau, CEO of Spiders, presents The Technomancer, a new RPG!
Link - https://twitter.com/FocusHome/status/557506996967342080

Last edited:
This reminded me, I bought Mars War Logs on Steam sale 1 year ago and still have not installed it.
How good is the game?

You should cover Grey Goo if you covered Etherium. And Grey Goo is coming out in 2 days.

I liked the setting so I am certainly interested in any new RPG set in that world.

As for Mars War Logs, I did enjoy it but it also had its fair share of flaws. Most notably, IMO, is the fact that it was a low budget game but my impression was that the developers wanted to make a "big" and "epic" game whose scope simply wasn't supported by that imited budget. As a consequence, the NPCs were too shallow and the story progression wasn't presented with sufficient depth and detail.

The combat system, which reminded me a bit of the Witcher 2, was very solid and I didn't experience a single bug.

I hope that the developers learn from their experience and try to make a game according to their budget and provide more depth and focus.

As for Mars War Logs, I did enjoy it but it also had its fair share of flaws. Most notably, IMO, is the fact that it was a low budget game but my impression was that the developers wanted to make a "big" and "epic" game whose scope simply wasn't supported by that imited budget. As a consequence, the NPCs were too shallow and the story progression wasn't presented with sufficient depth and detail.

The bigger issue for me was how small and linear the areas were. There was very little in the way of meaningful exploration.

Mars: War Logs was an ok game, which could have been great with a bigger budget. Bound By Flame was inferior imho.

Anyway I'm happy that there will be another RPG from Spiders. :)

So Mars: War Logs is not a big game?
I am looking to fill my time with a RPG that is not too big

The bigger issue for me was how small and linear the areas were. There was very little in the way of meaningful exploration.
Of course, a low budget doesn't allow for much "explorability", in which case you have to tailor your RPG accordingly and focus on other aspects.

In any case, although I do enjoy exploration, I am not necessarily an "exploration aficionado" and instead tend to value other things more in an RPG so I don't mind a linear design approach or hub based system.

You can finish the game in twenty hours, or more depending on how you play.

I completed the game and have 34 hours in my log. I'm a completionist, so I did all sidequests and there's some idle time in included as well.

plus the last third of the game is replayable since you have to make a big choice :D

I completed the game twice, with 15 hours per gameplay.

It is not possible to do all the quests in the game in one play through, because of the choices and consequences.

Change my statement to "all possible sidequests" then. ;)

I hope they improve the game play somewhat. I really found mars war log game play (combat) a bit unfun. I mean it starts ok but then it gets really boring. Just my taste; I can stand a game with weak story but fantastic game play but no matter how good the game's story if the it is a strain to play it won't be loved (by me).

Back
Top Bottom