Homefront From John Milus

Still like I said Im not surprised 5 -10 hrs is the usual length in a modern fps game.

Not surprising given the focus on multiplayer. I'm even more sure I will cancel my pre-order and buy it when it's cheaper. Shame… would have liked to play it day one.

That's one reason why I'm so excited about Duke Nukem Forever… it's going to be old-school in terms of campaign length, or at least that's what they're claiming. Supposedly "three times the length of a CoD game".

That's one reason why I'm so excited about Duke Nukem Forever… it's going to be old-school in terms of campaign length, or at least that's what they're claiming. Supposedly "three times the length of a CoD game".

Heh, old school in terms of length still wasn't that long I don't think...maybe 10 hours?

Depends… remember how many levels the Doom games had? Or even games like Duke 3D, Heretic, or Blood? You sure as hell couldn't finish those in a day…

Yeah, it varied in the old days but I would guess 10-15 for the standard. Now that standard is 5-8 or so.

There are still longer shooters sometimes though. Dead Space 2 took me 12 or so hours. BioShock is crazy long, like 20 hours. Doom 3 was 20 or so hours as well.

Not very good reviews so far, glad I canceled my pre-order.

Unfortunately the game length is a killer for me. I won't buy these throw away titles that are made mostly for multiplayer. I wouldn't care if one of my favorite authors like Robert Jordon's ghost came back and helped create this or another game. A 5 - 10 hour long games are ridiculous and I want no part of them.

Jesus, first I won't get DA 2 and now Homefront. I'm buying less and less games lately. I guess I just can't put up with the BS anymore. I have better things to waste my time on.

Unfortunately the game length is a killer for me. I won't buy these throw away titles that are made mostly for multiplayer. I wouldn't care if one of my favorite authors like Robert Jordon's ghost came back and helped create this or another game. A 5 - 10 hour long games are ridiculous and I want no part of them.

Jesus, first I won't get DA 2 and now Homefront. I'm buying less and less games lately. I guess I just can't put up with the BS anymore. I have better things to waste my time on.

why don't you donate that money to charity?

could feed alot of people with that money.

I wont even bother with this game the official reviews say the game lasts only 2 hours now. Three years of development and millions spent making the game and this is what they made.

I'll buy it when it hits $20... a 5 hour scripted campaign is worth about that much to me.

I usually by shooters for 5-10€ when they come available in steam sale. Duke's balls of steel is propably the only one I have ordered for full price recently.

Amen to that at least its finally getting released.:)

Back
Top Bottom