Do you Play PC JRPGs?

Do You Play PC JRPGs?

• Yes

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
Actually it is not.
Browse crunchyroll, whatever you even suspect as a harem, just skip it. There are plenty of titles that aren't.
Yes they are as I browse that site all time, and the hero is also a wimp/loser/or pervert.

I think I'm going to watch some older mech animes from the 1980's-90's as I find more enjoyment from watching them instead of the new anime released today.

Last edited:
I play JRPGs on my DS and 3DS. Fire Emblem:Awakening is the best game I played of these, followed by Might and Magic:Clash of Heroes. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a fun platformer. And for uniqueness in style and gameplay nothing beats The World Ends With You. They all have very different flavours from each other and from WRPGs, but all very worthwhile IMHO.

I thought FFVII and Chrono Trigger were among the best JRPGs. Anything else I should try ? Any crawlers?

Well Ogre Tactics: Let Us Cling Together ( a lot of people are surprised if they play this, very good game ) and FF VI ( Japanese numbering ) is the best FF :)

So you should probably try those.

Well and dark souls of course, not sure if it can be a J-RPG or not though.

Would you folks consider Dragon's Dogma a JRPG, or a WRPG created by the Japanese?

I play jrpg's, always have. But the only I have played on the PC were FF7 and FF8 back when they were new, along with Septerra Core if you can call that a jrpg. I play them on consoles and handhelds.

If new ones come out on PC I will of course buy them there as well =)

I think Persona 3/4 are a better representation of what jRPGs are now, opposed to what they were 20 years ago (and yet, P4 was released 7 years ago).

Final Fantasy VI is my favorite from that series ... though I have really enjoyed FF X & X-2 on the Vita! Persona 4 on the Vita is ... awesome.

I believe the question is do you play jRPGs on PC, not jRPGs on nintendo, vita and commodore 64. :p

I believe the question is do you play jRPGs on PC, not jRPGs on nintendo, vita and commodore 64. :p

True ... but considering people were veering into Anima and Hentai ... I think the 'on topic' train left the station long ago.

And I also think the concensus was pretty clear - most people here do NOT seek out jRPGs on the PC as a general rule.

I <3 JRPGs. I feel myself slipping into a PC JRPG phase here, as I'm playing a bit of Elminage Gothic, and I have my eye on the 2 Agarest games on Steam. Wish I had the money to purchase both games. Anyone feeling generous today? :D

True … but considering people were veering into Anima and Hentai … I think the 'on topic' train left the station long ago.

And I also think the concensus was pretty clear - most people here do NOT seek out jRPGs on the PC as a general rule.

while 'most' means over 50%, that doesn't mean that there is little interest (currently over 44%). I'm sure many types of RPGs would get a smaller percentage if there was a poll, and yet we cover them.
So yes, I think we definitely should cover PC jRPGs.

while 'most' means over 50%, that doesn't mean that there is little interest (currently over 44%). I'm sure many types of RPGs would get a smaller percentage if there was a poll, and yet we cover them.
So yes, I think we definitely should cover PC jRPGs.

haha ... it would have done me good to re-check the poll numbers before makign my statement! :)

I think if PC JRPGs are covered the threshhold should be much higher.

E.g. News about Releases, but not multiple news about reviews or patches.

The reason why I like PC Gamer or Gamestar is that they do not cover console games.

And the reason why I like RPGwatch is that it limits itself mostly to a specific platform and genre.

Of course you could always say "If you are not interested in this news, then don't read it".
But if you have a hard time to find any news while skimming through them which actually interest you, you look for a page which limits itself to the kinda news you like to see.
While I am sure polygon has the one or another interesting article, I don't check this site because the amount of articles which don't are overwhelming.

I <3 JRPGs. I feel myself slipping into a PC JRPG phase here, as I'm playing a bit of Elminage Gothic, and I have my eye on the 2 Agarest games on Steam. Wish I had the money to purchase both games. Anyone feeling generous today? :D

I can be generous, but never for games I don't care about.
If you want DX:HR on Steam, sure.
Valkyria? Deal.
Some nonRPG that's good? I'm game.

But games I wouldn't buy for myself ever? Sorry, no bonus.

I can be generous, but never for games I don't care about.
If you want DX:HR on Steam, sure.
Valkyria? Deal.
Some nonRPG that's good? I'm game.

But games I wouldn't buy for myself ever? Sorry, no bonus.

Aww, come on, joxer! Agarest 2 has boob physics! Plus, it has romance! Boob physics + romance = instant win! :lol:

In all seriousness, why wouldn't you buy Agarest 2? It is a turn-based strategy RPG with pretty music and an anime aesthetic. Is there something I don't know about it that I should be wary of? o_O

P.S. If you're serious about being generous, I would LOVE to try Valkyria Chronicles! I just looked it up on the Steam store and it seems like a beautiful game that I would highly enjoy. :)

Send friendship request to joxertm22, wait about half an hour till they announce the weekly discounts.

Agarest is grindfest. Sorry, but… Regardless of boobs, I'm not supporting that design. :)
You already forgot the crime #1 I found in TLR. It wasn't silly story start, bad UI choices, etc. It was grinding.

I didn't know you were from Croatia, joxer. This site has members from all over, it seems. Cool stuff. :)

I didn't realize Agarest was a grindfest. I still would like to try it sometime to experience the turn-based combat system and visual novel type of story. It seems interesting and I wouldn't accept anyone's opinion on it until I played it for myself. :)

Even if i'm playing most of my jRPG's on a console, if i get the chance to play on PC, i will: Gradia, FF series, YS and whatver is released, i will play them (or already did).

And, ffs, Sega, bring on Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 (especially the third one). I pre-ordered the VC PC version immediately that was announced and that's a big thing from someone that doesn't usually pre-orders.

And what about Xenogears (1998)?

Back
Top Bottom