Baldursgate.com

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭&#12004
What's up with that?

http://www.chromewhois.com/domain/baldursgate.com

Seems like Trent worked on the MDK2 HD remake, could it be a HD remake?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/10/m...s-trent-oster-on-putting-the-hd-into-mdk2-hd/

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><!— February 13, 2012 —><!— Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine —><!— oh dear it's coming soon —><head>

"Raise dead: Infinity Engine"?

Saw that a few weeks ago. Love to see it, but I'm not hopeful.

http://baldursgate.com/

I have always thought to myself how good the BG/Icewind Dale series would be if they got improved 3D and animations.Keep the 2D backgrounds but just add in 3D elements like moving trees,fire etc and then give us excellent character models and animations.If this comes to be I will quickly purchase and even pre-purchase to give support….something I never have done. :)

If it's an online game (ala Neverwinter) or some type of first person game, I may hurt people.

Baldur's Gate 3 maybe? A new Wasteland, a new possible Chris Avellone RPG, and possibly Baldur's Gate 3 :) This could be a good time to be an RPG fan.

Someone seeking to drive the posters of RPGWatch insane?

Nah. We're already there. Hard to say, I don't even know who has the D&D rights right now, and no one is coming up with a BG game without that.

Now, judging by the Raise Dead: Infinity Engine, it's possible someone has somehow gotten a hold of the old engine and may be updating it for whatever reason. New Infinity Engine games would be nice, even if they weren't BG3. If they could match or come close to the old BG games at least, and not follow current Bioware quality instead.

There was a Baldur's Gate 3 but unfortunately just like the true Fallout 3 they never saw the light of the day thanks to interplay.

Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound (code named Jefferson and FR6) was mentioned in early 2001 as a new game in the Baldur's Gate series to be made by Black Isle Studios using a completely new 3D engine.

The Black Hound was originally going to be a departure from the high-powered epic of the Bhaalspawn saga to a low-key, roleplaying plot. With protagonists progressing to around level four at the end of BIS' typically enormous campaign and a hard cap at level eight, gameplay was refocussed to a flat and wide adventure emphasizing quests over combat. In fact, the game was only titled "Baldur's Gate" due to Interplay having lost the general D&D license to Atari, but still retaining the right to make "Baldur's Gate" and "Icewind Dale" branded D&D games (the same reason as for BGDA's title.)The game was not going to be connected to the previous Baldur's Gate series in any way and would start a new series, the Black Hound series. Like Bioshock Infinite it would have been a sequel in terms of gameplay and not story, it would continue some parts of the Icewind Dale II story though.

The game was announced in 2002 and was said to have used the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons ruleset, the gameplay of the previous Baldur's Gate games would have been updated to fit the ruleset. Many new gameplay features were also going to be added to fit the 3rd Edition Ruleset better, elements from the Dark Alliance series would have also been borrowed. The game used the Jefferson Engine which featured 3D effects such as casting dynamic shadows. The game was 75% finished before it was canceled. Its cancellation happened due to Interplay losing the right to publish Baldur's Gate games on the PC yet retaining the Baldur's Gate name for consoles, the result of this was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II.

The game appeared to be canceled in 2003, just before its engine was re-purposed for Black Isle's ill-fated Van Buren Fallout 3 project. Subsequently, Josh Sawyer, one of the designers of the canceled game, resumed development of The Black Hound as a module for Neverwinter Nights 2.[ As of 2009, this remains a side project for Sawyer, who works at Obsidian Entertainment.

However, in April of 2004 IGN released information that a Baldur's Gate III was in the works at that time, no longer to be developed by Black Isle and published by Interplay, but to be published by Atari.

As revealed in an interview with Winterwind Productions, Black Hound developer Damien Foletto revealed the story and setting of the game, which would have been in the Dalelands. The player character would have been resting at his campsite when a lady chasing a Black Hound crashes in, she kills the hound which dies on the player's lap. Accusing the player of being in league with the dog, she is about to kill the player as well, but the Riders of Archendale arrive and scare her off and question the player. After a brief inquisition, the local magistrates tell the player not to wander far because they may have more questions. And so begins the players quest to find out who the mad cleric was, what this has to do with him/her, why a black spirit hound now follows him/her around, and why can't people just leave the player character alone and do things for themselves.

In the January 2008 issue of PC Gamer UK, the editor claims that he knows that Baldur's Gate III is indeed being worked on - this has further been reiterated in the January 2009 edition.

On December 2, 2008, Atari stated in a press conference that the Baldur's Gate series (among others) would be revisited after 2009.

As for the rights Hasbro finally got them back from Atari after the long legal battle. Lets face it Atari let the license go stagnant in the last 4-5 years. Now hopefully they can find a good developer and not make it another MMO.

Last edited:
Someone seeking to drive the posters of RPGWatch insane?

Nah. We're already there. Hard to say, I don't even know who has the D&D rights right now, and no one is coming up with a BG game without that.

You know there's a Baldur's Gate Hack'n Slash game, right?

The most interesting part is that he's ex-bioware and of course the "Raise Dead : Infinity Engine"-part, if it wasnt for that i'd suspect a derped iOS BG or something similar without hesitation.

http://twitter.com/#!/trentoster

Might be interesting to follow.

Edit:
It has changed again:

<!— For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. —><!— And then… it returned. Better than it was before. —><!— Pore over the tapestries and works of art hanging from our walls if you wish, Child of Bhaal… perhaps you will find a clue. But patience, ah… patience would reveal it all. —>

Last edited:
Oh what manner of teasing spectre is this quoting the wise words of Alaundo and Irenicus himself? :) "Returning better than it was before" is a hell of a claim if taken literally.

Dark Alliance 3? I hope not, but it could be worse. (Pushes image out mind)

BG: Back In Action. Sick of pausing? Play now in Diablo like real time! (Egads, a nightmare image…exorcise!)

The same game with updated graphics: Just unnecessary in my opinion. I'd rather play with new mods or a whole new game than just a remake. BG 3 is also very unlikely given the way the plot concludes in Throne of Bhaal.

A new Infinity Engine game: Now this would be sublime!

Interesting times we live in…

edit: Added clarification to ensure I was speaking for just myself. :)

Last edited:
Apparently, they're developing something requiring an iMac.

This means there's a 99.9% chance of a cheap iPad version.

Ugh.. I hope that's not all this is.

Why the effort with the website and all the mystery just for an iPad version though? They'd have to be pretty dumb not to realize how big of a letdown that would be for most fans.

Doesnt mean they're not developing it alongside a new PC version :) He's tweeting about making new graphics too.. Might be something bigger than a simple port, if we're lucky.

Well, I suppose it's too early to rule anything out. But I can't say I'm too hopeful - with the market being what it is.

A browser-based relationship simulator?

A slapped together iThing game?

Something I'll probably never touch?

Roll 1d3. :p

Most art assets artist use iMac for work too.

They said development "required" an iMac.

Though, I suppose a MacBook would accomplish the same thing?

Programming for the iOs can be done under any iOs platform (or Windows if you don't make working a bit harder to install the SDK or paying for a 3rd party compiler).

Speak for yourself. :)

I'd love a hi-res Baldur's Gate as long as the gameplay was left untouched.

I agree - compared to XCOM and Jagged Alliance, a nice modernization would be sweet.

I fear you are right. Obviously I would love it and buy it and play it ... but I just hope for more. In other words ... give me the iPad port (and other IE games) ... but let that just be the START of bigger things! Ooh ... got myself all excited :D

Back
Top Bottom