ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero
Less than a month away and all I'm reading are rumors that the game is being launched too early. Rumors are just that, but it's odd that a AAA game this anticipated isn't seeing much of a marketing push with only a few weeks until launch.

It's also been reported that no one will be able to actually play it at Gamescom on the 24th, and we'll only get more demos. Some are reading into that and suggesting there are probably some significant issues they're hoping to fix during crunch time. "Let us cook" said the publisher.

Bethesda is known for releasing games too early, and I'm leaning toward that opinion again. I haven't pre-ordered, but that's more because there was really nothing compelling enough (pfft "mining laser") being offered when I'm already several months behind on other recent releases.

However, based on how complex the game is said to be, even without rumors, this seems like one to "let cook" for several months post-release anyway. I love Bethesda games, but I've also learned some tough lessons with them.

Correct and I agree with you but I bought access to play a week before it's released officially. Anyway I replay every Bethseda game many times not just once.

Also Bethseda and Microsoft claim that extra year delay helped with bugs.

Edit: Minor corrections.

Last edited:
Idk, I've seen quite a lot of Starfield being thrown around. Maybe it just depends on where you're at. I even see it popping up in my Facebook feed.

I'm looking forward to it if for no other reason than there aren't a lot of sci-fi RPGs out there. I expect it'll have its fair share of issues at launch though. I'll probably jump in about a month after.

Tell you what I ask anyone to show me an open world RPG that doesn't have bugs on release. Heck I remember Kingdom Come and the retrospectives that came out later.

It was mentioned eveytime they patched the game they broke it at the same time. Even our beloved BG3 wasn't bug free at release either based on the change logs.

Anyway the cheat console is always a must for any Bethseda game on release.

The cheat console is the best way to break a Bethesda game (by missing script triggers, circumventing quest steps, etc)

I'll be playing on August 31st. My goal is to get to the beginning of Act 3 of BG3 and stop there, since I doubt I'll have time to finish it. I think it'll be easier to jump back in at the start of an Act.

The console is sometimes the only way to complete a bugged quest. Take Fallout 4 for example it's not getting patched anymore, and still has bugged quests.

Problems arise when those who have no clue try to use it. Like you said different triggers, and scripts need to used otherwise it will also bug/crash the game.

Anyway here some Starfield news.

I'll be playing on August 31st. My goal is to get to the beginning of Act 3 of BG3 and stop there, since I doubt I'll have time to finish it. I think it'll be easier to jump back in at the start of an Act.
I've always found it curious when I see people talking about stopping in the middle of one RPG to play another. For me, it's hard to come back and pick up where I left off at a much later date and still enjoy it as much.

The console is sometimes the only way to complete a bugged quest. Take Fallout 4 for example it's not getting patched anymore, and still has bugged quests.
It's true. And like you say, there are good ways to use it. Based on my time on various mod pages' discussion sections, they cause more problems than they solve. One situation I saw a lot was someone thinking something should be happening based on what they read or watched somewhere and using the console to force it to happen, when it fact nothing was ever broken and they were just impatient and jumping to conclusions.

I think the only time I used a console in a BGS game was during a Daedric quest in Skyrim that was known to be broken.

As for fans being worried about no "gone gold" announcement yet, it's much ado about nothing. If the game was going to be delayed again, we would know by know.

I've always found it curious when I see people talking about stopping in the middle of one RPG to play another. For me, it's hard to come back and pick up where I left off at a much later date and still enjoy it as much.
It's hard for me too, but it would be even harder to delay starting Starfield. That just ain't gonna happen. Thus my comment about leaving off at the start of an Act. It's more difficult to get back to a game when I'm in the middle of a bunch of stuff.

Jeezus, Fallout 4 still has bugs, let alone broken quests?!
Not to many one for example is the Emogene quest shes supposed to be in the locked room, but never appears so the Cabbot house quest chain can't be completed. It's weird.

Seems it was fixed at one point before all the content creator patches and updates.

Not to many one for example is the Emogene quest shes supposed to be in the locked room, but never appears so the Cabbot house quest chain can't be completed. It's weird.

Seems it was fixed at one point before all the content creator patches and updates.
I've never had any problems with that quest, not back then, and not when I replayed it recently.

Pibbur who is not claiming that it can't be a problem for other players.

I've never had any problems with that quest, not back then, and not when I replayed it recently.

Pibbur who is not claiming that it can't be a problem for other players.
Lucky you cause there are many others that do. Just search the Steam forum for reference. It's funny when it comes to bugs and crashes with Bethesda games.

Some have them while others claim they had none.^^

Actually the Fallout Wiki has a long list of bugs from both the PC and console versions.

Last edited:
I'm sure you can still find a list of bugs in all of their titles if you look hard enough. That's the beauty of Bethesda's games though. They're so large, most people will never notice most of the bugs that still remain.

They'll be at Gamescom as well with a big presentation and demo.

Doubt we will get footage but some might get leaked.