Planescape: Torment - Countdown to EE?

Optimized for 4K. Oh yes, bring it on!!

Bring it on! Yes! I will buy any garbage if it's labeled accordingly! Lol!

/facepalm

Widescreen support for Planescape has been around for YEARS. But I guess unless you pay 20 bucks for it you wont get to feel that sweet, sweet commercial masochism.

Also I hope you like bugs. Cause they come absolutely free. :D

<drops to knees> So it is true then. Bumdog have done the unthinkable.

Just fine the way it is? I.e. no one but hardcore RPG nerds like us know about it? Sorry, I disagree. I happen to think that classic RPGs can and should be enjoyed by the modern generation of gamers, too. In order to do that the classics need to be either somewhat updated to modern specifications or the older games promoted more. A modern coat of paint on a classic RPG will naturally raise the hype surrounding the game, rather than just promoting the original (which modern gamers would likely just dismiss as old.)

Seems to me that a moron would be the person who doesn't want this to happen, thus doesn't want awareness raised more for these classic CRPGs and are a fan of RPGs themselves. Because if that person is an RPG fan and wants to see more CRPGs in this style in the future, they would be very silly to hold such a position.

Last edited:
Don't see much point in going the name-calling route.

But I don't see much hope of introducing Torment to the mainstream :)

It's a game for core gamers - and it's way too wordy and obtuse for the average gamer.

I have absolutely nothing against people earning a profit doing limited work - I just look at these things in the context of value for the consumer.

Now, I fully understand that 20$ is the same as a few drops of water when you compare it to a night out - or buying groceries.

But if you compare it with classic RPGs on GoG - it's easily twice as much as the average price for one of those.

In that context, coupled with the minimal amount of work involved on behalf of the developer - I don't think 20$ is the ideal price.

For an opportunistic cash-grab like this, I think 10-15$ is the optimal price range. I believe I've said so before, back when they first released the EE of BG.

But it's not like paying more for it would keep me up at night. I've spent most of my life wasting money on crap you guys wouldn't believe ;)

It's simply an observation for my part and I'm not going to tell others what they should or shouldn't consider fair.

Just fine the way it is? I.e. no one but hardcore RPG nerds like us know about it? Sorry, I disagree. I happen to think that classic RPGs can and should be enjoyed by the modern generation of gamers, too. In order to do that the classics need to be either somewhat updated to modern specifications or the older games promoted more. A modern coat of paint on a classic RPG will naturally raise the hype surrounding the game, rather than just promoting the original (which modern gamers would likely just dismiss as old.)

Seems to me that a moron would be the person who doesn't want this to happen, thus doesn't want awareness raised more for these classic CRPGs and are a fan of RPGs themselves. Because if that person is an RPG fan and wants to see more CRPGs in this style in the future, they would be very silly to hold such a position.

You're just the sort of dunce that would spend out of pocket for this trash. I can tell you that all of Bumdog's EE games introduced nothing but garbage content, and laughable NPCs. And lets not even go down the SoD SJW road.

The "modern generation" as you have coined it, have their own cRPGs, or what pass as cRPGs. Why do you need to enhance something that is already great ? To bring it up to "today's standards" ? Very shallow thinking. These classics should be enjoyed & treasured as they were originally developed.

'Nuff said.

No, I have to confess I've missed this place :)

Doesn't seem very active though or maybe that's just because I'm back and people have already fled!
Well I'm still here but I don't post as much anymore.
Never the less welcome back Dart.:party:

Not sure if the screenshots on the page are in 4K, but I'm looking at them on my 4K TV and they are gorgeous.

This is about as an engaging release as it gets for me. :) I'm pretty hyped.

Hey DArt! Good to see you again!

Hmm.. I have mixed feelings about those screenshots. The environments look great, but the characters look like someone smeared Vaseline on them. I forget what that effect is called (it's basically anti-aliasing for 2D), but it looks like crap imo.

Iirc, they made that effect something you could toggle off in the other EE titles after people complained about it. Hopefully it can be turned off here as well.

Beamdog deserves kudos for making the EE features completely optional this time though. I didn't expect that.

Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.

I would love to see them implement that in the other EE games, although I'm guessing it would probably be too much work at this point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom