BG3 BG3 General Talk

Baldur's gate 3
I dont want to spam the news thread with questions so I will post here, any way to remove these black lines on the map and minimap, they are really annoying especially on the minimap. I dont remember being in the EA version.

Attachments

• Desktop_2023_08_04_13_44_25_685.jpg
    Desktop_2023_08_04_13_44_25_685.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Desktop_2023_08_04_13_44_34_767.jpg
    Desktop_2023_08_04_13_44_34_767.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 31
I dont think they were in the EA, it is really annoying especially on the minimap when you move, they are like vibrating or something for me.
Anyway 500k+ on steam, with the weekend coming, it might reach Cyberpunk or Elden Ring.

I dont think they were in the EA, it is really annoying especially on the minimap when you move, they are like vibrating or something for me.
Anyway 500k+ on steam, with the weekend coming, it might reach Cyberpunk or Elden Ring.
I think the map has been entirely revamped since the EA. I didn't notice any problem but it could be a difference in the antialiasing option (perhaps I just didn't look at it very frequently).

Yes, it's progressing nicely. 11th position now. :)

I dont know if this is a bug or just a mechanic i fail to see, but sometimes on a reroll, Guidance runs twice and the dice fails even if it should not.

Attachments

• Desktop_2023_08_04_18_50_08_875.jpg
    Desktop_2023_08_04_18_50_08_875.jpg
    960.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Desktop_2023_08_04_20_36_56_151.jpg
    Desktop_2023_08_04_20_36_56_151.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 11
I had a surprise after placing my monk next to an enemy archer and it didn't provoke an AoO when the archer fired the next turn. I forgot that in D&D5E, it's very basic and only triggers when the enemy moves out of reach, and not with a list of actions like in Pathfinder. ;)

I'm still struggling with the confusing UI during combat, too, even if there's thankfully an improvement since EA. Pathfinder and Solasta gave such good templates of how to make a good UI... The reactions are one example: why are they implemented with check boxes in a separate window? And is it normal that Sneak Attack is among them? I though that this should be used as a Ready Action (to be chosen instead of an Action), which doesn't seem to be implemented at all. :unsure:

Has anyone seen strange things with the turn-based mode, like having the whole party suddenly without any available action and each having to pass their turn in the middle of a combat?

It happened when I surprised a group of gnolls with my rogue. His turn was re-inserted after the 'surprised' round of the enemies, with no action, and then I had a few turns that worked correctly before that mess happened. I had something similar another time. Strange.

Has anyone seen strange things with the turn-based mode, like having the whole party suddenly without any available action and each having to pass their turn in the middle of a combat?

It happened when I surprised a group of gnolls with my rogue. His turn was re-inserted after the 'surprised' round of the enemies, with no action, and then I had a few turns that worked correctly before that mess happened. I had something similar another time. Strange.
Yes happened quite a few times to me. Only two of my NPCs could attack while the other two had to wait till the enemy finished. I'm guessing it's not a bug though.

Probably has to do with stats, initiative, and other factors that started combat?

Last edited:

I've had similar things happen, when I've ambushed enemies. I've not quite figured out how it works yet, but I think it has something to do with if the game things I've done actions while not being a part of the battle. Maybe...

Was your rogue "separted" from the rest of the party? (as in not chained together). If your party is in stealth and you trigger a fight with a member of your party, the rest of your party isn't automatically entered into that combat. If you uncrouch them and they're within sight of the enemies, they'll roll initiative and enter the fight.

Was your rogue "separted" from the rest of the party? (as in not chained together). If your party is in stealth and you trigger a fight with a member of your party, the rest of your party isn't automatically entered into that combat. If you uncrouch them and they're within sight of the enemies, they'll roll initiative and enter the fight.
Not this time, no. I think it was the case another time. As I said, it was after other rounds of normal combat.

I just had another strange occurrence. This time, my party was hidden on a platform above enemies. Astarion launched a fireball at an explosive, which killed all enemies except one. The enemy shot at Astarion and only the two of them were in the combat queue. Then Astarion made a sneak shot, after which others of the party started to be added to the queue. The exchange continued for 2-3 turns, but only Astarion and the enemies could play, as if there was no one else, and even if others were in the queue.

We were all in the same group, very close to one another.

There's definitely something broken when starting the fight in some conditions.

I had that happen about 10 times across my playthrough. I believe it is related to what JFarrell71 says. Somehow the game detects that not all your party should be involved and then as the combat progresses they get pulled in but not correctly. I think it is a bug as well as normally when that happens correctly they should just roll initiative as soon as they join and get inserted into the next turn. It is somewhat common because of the difficulty of some fights you kind of have to position your party correctly before a fight as a single spell can wipe out half your team if you don't (on tactician).

Not this time, no. I think it was the case another time. As I said, it was after other rounds of normal combat.

I just had another strange occurrence. This time, my party was hidden on a platform above enemies. Astarion launched a fireball at an explosive, which killed all enemies except one. The enemy shot at Astarion and only the two of them were in the combat queue. Then Astarion made a sneak shot, after which others of the party started to be added to the queue. The exchange continued for 2-3 turns, but only Astarion and the enemies could play, as if there was no one else, and even if others were in the queue.

We were all in the same group, very close to one another.

I'm not so sure. The way grouping and hiding works means they may not be part of the battle till they join. What you have been describing sounds just like how the mechanics work when not everyone in the group is pulled into combat, which can be either because they are broken up or they are together but others are hiding.

It can look very odd on how the turns go if you are not aware of it. I am aware of it and I still get caught. I was sneaking up on a bugbear ambush and two turns later was like how come my other folks can't help me - kept skipping them. Then I hit my head and was derp - there they are all crouched down waiting for me to manually pull them into the battle.

By the time I get deeper in it will be old hat but it can take some getting used to at first. So could be a bug but sounds more like a misunderstanding of the mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom