C2077 CP2077 Adventuring Journals [spoilers]

Cyberpunk 2077
I also redid the first car stealing missing from PL, for El Capitan, and just realized something. I don't know if this applies to all car combat, but for every encounter along the way I just got out of the car the moment I saw the attacking vehicles.
Took them out while out of the car, which was significantly faster and easier on foot, and then just resumed the drive. I wish this will work for all such situations. If it does, you can effectively avoid the car combat completely.

The problem I had with vehicle combat is targeting the enemy. You can press the mouse wheel to look behind but it's a pain to try and aim like that with the mouse while turning the wheel to select the quickhacks. The angle is very limited, too.

The problem I had with vehicle combat is targeting the enemy. You can press the mouse wheel to look behind but it's a pain to try and aim like that with the mouse while turning the wheel to select the quickhacks. The angle is very limited, too.
Yeah, targeting is a pain in motion. I almost never use the look-behind key, I just move the camera back. Which works fine if the game time-slows when targeting.
But even more annoying for targeting is when you're trying to distinguish between the guy in the car and the car itself. I constantly lose target as I scroll through the hacks.
They also don't seem to allow you to order the hacks, the order in which they appear in the Tab list. At least I never managed to. I'd love to just put my most used ones at the top.

Speaking about hacks, I'm really curious how a full melee stealth build is gonna work without any hacks. They're so used throughout everything that I'm really curious to try it out.
Not sure I'll have the patience to start a new playthrough after this already 130h playthrough. But, we'll see.

I suppose you're driving in 3rd-person view, then? I'm not a fan of driving in 3rd view, so I stick to 1st. Except a bug puts it back in 3rd after killing each enemy car (probably a cousin of the bug that changes the radio channel when leaving a car ;))...

Isn't it possible to respec entirely? You could try on a save, just to see if that's something you like.

I suppose you're driving in 3rd-person view, then? I'm not a fan of driving in 3rd view, so I stick to 1st.
How come? I almost always drive in 3rd person in any game that allows me to. It's a little less immersive, but I don't like having so much of my view obscured from being in the driver's seat.

I'm in 3rd person on everything except bikes. I'd love to use first person for immersion, but unfortunately most cars have insane dashboards that you can't see shit. The bike is the only one where that works for me, and for the best.

Got two new beauties.

Good lord is it beautiful. Dogtown is absolutely gorgeous. Didn't think they could make NC even more stunning.

How come? I almost always drive in 3rd person in any game that allows me to. It's a little less immersive, but I don't like having so much of my view obscured from being in the driver's seat.
Force of habit, I think. In 3rd, I find it less easy to steer in the right direction and follow the road because the camera isn't always aligned with the vehicle.

Regarding fixers, I was asking about the rewards they give you when you finish all their gigs. Dino, Capitan, and Hands all give you cars, but I don't think all the fixers do that.
It started with the UI saying I was in combat, when I wasn't, and it allowed me to save.
I've had that, too, since the recent patch. I finished off a cyberpsycho, then found I couldn't call in (or even check the map) because I was stuck in combat mode. Save and re-load didn't help.

Speaking of... the game makes a big deal about how you should use non-lethal means to bring down cyberpsychos. I've done it at least twice with quite lethal bullets to the face and still got full credit, though.
I freaking hate these, since the difficulty just spikes, since I can't hide anywhere while in the car.
Difficulty spike!? Just DRIVE! I'll sometimes make a pursuer blow itself up, but simply driving as fast as I can works best for me. Sometimes I have to go around the block if the pursuit sticks around until the end of the drive.

I have yet to finish any of his rush jobs on time. I still get credit for returning a car, I just don't get as much money. I've got over a million, so I don't care.

I find I'm hardly using my weapons at all now, except in the big fights that are part of the big quests. For the run-of-the-mill stuff, I just stealth through using my cameo protection to make me invisible, the occasional distraction, the netrunner attack that knocks people out, and a whole lot of sneaking up behind people to knock them out.

Hear's a neat little Night City relief map that popped up in a mission description.

Speaking of... the game makes a big deal about how you should use non-lethal means to bring down cyberpsychos. I've done it at least twice with quite lethal bullets to the face and still got full credit, though.
I noticed that the game had a weapon mod that would turn it into non-lethal. But then I noticed that the game would never kill enemies outright, unless you execute them while they're unconscious on the ground.
So I think they just patched the game for all weapons to initially do non-lethal damage. That's my assumption anyway.

Did all car stealing missions in order to unlock all cars. It was actually kind of fun to hunt them down. Somehow they managed to not be annoying.
One was a weird one. Not sure if it was a bug or anything, but I rush one of the vehicles I was supposed to steal. It started its engine as I got close to it, there wasn't anybody at the wheel, and I managed to get into it. But it kept driving itself with me at the wheel. It was either a bug, where it didn't render the driver and somehow allowed me to get in. Or was it remote controlled? I hadn't seen that before.

I also completed Garry the Prophet's quest. Kind of a silly one, but I was surprised it only triggered the last mission, after donating to his cause plenty of times, this late in the game. I don't expect this final mission was added as part of PL? Because otherwise I'm not sure when it would've triggered, since all I had left in the base game were the final chain of quests with Hananoko (Saburo's daughter). Anyway ...

Another very nice touch, Judy keeps messaging me as she travels from city to city. Cute idea. I like it.

One was a weird one. Not sure if it was a bug or anything, but I rush one of the vehicles I was supposed to steal. It started its engine as I got close to it, there wasn't anybody at the wheel, and I managed to get into it. But it kept driving itself with me at the wheel. It was either a bug, where it didn't render the driver and somehow allowed me to get in. Or was it remote controlled? I hadn't seen that before.
Hmm, I didn't have this, though I completed all 3 PL gigs (finishing with the truck mission).

Hmm, I didn't have this, though I completed all 3 PL gigs (finishing with the truck mission).
Hm, in my case the Arasaka medical truck mission was after the 8th or 9th vehicle robbery I had done. And then I did (the wiki says you need 15 in total?) more vehicle missions until I unlocked all cars. But I don't remember which one that was. I have a feeling it was probably a bug.

I love missions that take you to higher levels of the map, that I'm not sure you can access any other way. And then trying to find my way down by jumping from ledge to ledge, and not the way the mission intended. Also grabbed some nice shots while getting down.

I noticed that the game had a weapon mod that would turn it into non-lethal. But then I noticed that the game would never kill enemies outright, unless you execute them while they're unconscious on the ground.
So I think they just patched the game for all weapons to initially do non-lethal damage. That's my assumption anyway.
They probably did that because it used to be the opposite, and it created a lot of problems. In the early versions, it was really easy to kill people even when you weren't trying to, and some of the weapons labeled as non-lethal would still kill them. I remember having to reload quite a few times because I killed someone that I was just trying to incapacitate.

Not all enemies! My sniper rifle blows a lot of heads completely off! I bet they did with the cyberpsychos, though.

@JDR13 - from what I've read, the crits from non-lethal weapons were (maybe still are) lethal. If you've got the perk to boost headshot crits and a weapon that does extra headshot damage... yeah, pretty easy to do a lethal kill shot.

Had some fun doing some high jumps:

Somebody got some product placement

I did some of those car gigs, but I way preferred riding around on my bike in 3rd person - along with sometimes janky bike physics ;-) I managed to drive up steep inclines, through that huge junkyard, bouncing off shit etc. Reminded me of my horse in Oblivion (or Skyrim?), where you could jump and 'tack' up very steep slopes...great fun!

Hm, in my case the Arasaka medical truck mission was after the 8th or 9th vehicle robbery I had done. And then I did (the wiki says you need 15 in total?) more vehicle missions until I unlocked all cars. But I don't remember which one that was. I have a feeling it was probably a bug.
Then it's possible I still had more gigs. I stopped looking for them once I got the reward. It sure sounds like a bug. I wasn't a big fan but I liked the little variety the gigs offered, especially when I got the first gig with a special car equipped to catch the one I had to steal; it was a funny surprise. A bit stretched, but who cares at this point. ;)

What's the story with the Night City dams? For some reason, there's two of them, with this nasty area between them. I don't think any water goes through the dams.Between the Dams.jpg
And I suppose I shouldn't even ask how there's all this desert landscape out there when it rains at least once a week.

What's the story with the Night City dams? For some reason, there's two of them, with this nasty area between them. I don't think any water goes through the dams.

You can read bits about it here; they wanted to build a reservoir but it turned toxic for an unknown reason:

Is the part on the right of the picture really a dam, or is it the highway around the east of the city? You can see a satellite view here (Laguna Bend is at the SE):

Still busy clearing Dogtown and progressing the main quest. Got the second round of gigs to do, after meeting Mr. Hands.

The city is till the highlight of the experience. Just exploring is wonderful. So many hidden areas, and found a heap of relic points. I maxed out the center and bottom two relic points in the tree. Those were the only ones that had any compatibility with my build. But one of those is excelent for stealth characters that have cloaking cyberware, like mine does. I can on demand get out of combat by blinking away. Good way to abuse the save system in long-winded fights.

Otherwise, the main story of the expansion is so-so so far. It's ok, but at least so far nothing close to Hearts of Stone (the only W3 expansion I actually finished).
Not exactly enamored by Elba's character. Also I can't not see Elba instead of Reed. It might be that I spent so little time with him, compared to Silverhand who I can more easily suspend my disbelief and not see Keanu.

Is the part on the right of the picture really a dam, or is it the highway around the east of the city? You can see a satellite view here (Laguna Bend is at the SE):
Yep, there are TWO dams! The one you can see a little bit of on the right of that picture is the Badlands Dam, according to those links you posted. It was built decades earlier. From it's web page on that same site:
  • Early Cyberpunk 2077 maps show only this one dam while the reservoir in Laguna Bend extended here. It's unknown why another dam was created for the game.
Freaky.

Back
Top Bottom