C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnPNwv6C0E
What does the redemption of Cyberpunk 2077 actually look like? In this documentary, GameSpot follows developer CD PROJEKT RED as they launch Cyberpunk’s latest expansion, Phantom Liberty.

We interview roughly a dozen developers on the difficult launch of Cyberpunk 2077, the changes the studio underwent afterward, and how all that has led to Phantom Liberty.

We were embedded in the studio during launch so we were able to capture the raw emotions of what it’s like to launch a AAA video game. As fans of CD PROJEKT RED and their work, we wanted to get an inside perspective on one of the biggest studios, and one of the most controversial releases of all time.

Last edited:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRi8ddUgRBw
In the first episode of the AnsweRED Podcast, our hosts Sebastian Kalemba and Paweł Burza join Story Directors Marcin Blacha and Tomasz Marchewka to talk about creating captivating stories. Expect an honest and deep discussion about the role of story in the game development process, collaborating between writers and other developers, and the importance of narrative.

View: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1730195052582891963

I wonder what this is going to be about. There's a bit of stirring about the 2.1 update. Apparently they said 2.0 would be the last one, and they sprung this one?
I have a feeling it will be something underwhelming, though I don't get why all cdpr devs are tweeting and creating buzz for the update. So hopefully it's not gonna be nothing.

Apparently there's some stream tomorrow and they'll get into it then.

I have a feeling it will be something underwhelming, though I don't get why all cdpr devs are tweeting and creating buzz for the update. So hopefully it's not gonna be nothing.
You don't get why the people who made CP2077 are tweeting about an update for CP2077?

The chief speculation I see is that it will be a new game+ mode. Not interesting to me personally, but I know a lot of people care about it.

It's a bit silly to tweet about it without even revealing the change list, so it's only about building up the hype. CDPR keeps making the same PR mistakes over an over again. :rolleyes:

And since Galaxy was not updated, I guess we'll have to download everything again. Those people will never learn. I'm more and more disappointed by CDPR since their 2.0 update fiasco.

I don't think they ever said 2.0 would be the last update. Maybe the last major update, but it wouldn't make sense for them to stop releasing patches this soon after the expansion.

It's a bit silly to tweet about it without even revealing the change list, so it's only about building up the hype. CDPR keeps making the same PR mistakes over an over again. :rolleyes:
I like how they mention that it's free. :)

I don't think they ever said 2.0 would be the last update. Maybe the last major update, but it wouldn't make sense for them to stop releasing patches this soon after the expansion.
:)
I have no idea what they said or didn't, but some of the tweets responding to that official one seemed to say that. That this 2.1 patch apparently came out of the blue or something. Was at least unexpected. I have no idea.

I have no idea what they said or didn't, but some of the tweets responding to that official one seemed to say that. That this 2.1 patch apparently came out of the blue or something. Was at least unexpected. I have no idea.
I read through some of the replies, and it appears some people are speculating that CDPR might be adding a third-person mode.

I read through some of the replies, and it appears some people are speculating that CDPR might be adding a third-person mode.
That would be a nice option. I miss seeing my character, sometimes, and I think it would please people who don't like playing in 1st-person view. But I wonder how we'd aim with scopes and ranged weapons in general.

When they initially announced that it will only have first person, I was kind of irked about now having 3rd person.
But having played it in first-person, and seen how the mechanics work, I'm not sure I would ever use it in 3rd person.
I generally need 3rd person just for melee, but since melee is such a smart part of the game I'm not sure I would use it.
Maybe for a sword-wielding stealth character; for that I think it could work nicely.
So, actually, I'd be for it if it doesn't take too much work. But I suspect it would take quite a bit of work, especially to animate all weapons and items in 3rd person.
But maybe they can reuse assets they used for enemies. Though, they might not be up to snuff to be seen from close up. It might look janky.

I have a feeling it the highlight of the update will be the new game plus mode.

That would be a nice option. I miss seeing my character, sometimes, and I think it would please people who don't like playing in 1st-person view. But I wonder how we'd aim with scopes and ranged weapons in general.
I assume we'd be able to switch in/out out it instantly similar to Bethesda's games, so we could just pop back into first-person for gun battles.

I'd be surprised if they actually implemented it though.

Ok, this is interesting. The community manager confirmed that it's not NG+.
This is even more interesting now, as to what it is.

jF2IGVD.png

I had some time to kill and I watched the stream detailing 2.1.
Meh, not much. I mean depending on what floats your boat.

Apparently people have been raving about the metro. I really don't get that obsession with it. But I guess it's nice, for immersion.
But besides that it's just a glorified fast travel system, so I really don't get the obsession with it. I think it sort of grew just because they never implemented it, even though they kept showing it off. But I don't think a lot of people seriously wanted it. Or maybe I'm mistaken.

Outside of that it's some new motorcycles, some adjustments to some boss fights, ability to listen to the radio on the go (just for me, I was never very impressed with the radio music in CP2077; felt very generic for the most part).
Repeatable car races and some new maneuverability on motorcycles.
Plus some other smaller things.

There's a lot of little things, but outside the metro it's nothing too interesting.
I would've loved maybe one of those aerial vehicles, but I guess that simply would give the player access to areas of the city that were probably not modeled.

EDIT: Was too lazy to write an actual summary, so here goes from neogaf
From the other thread; here are all the additions and changes coming with patch 2.1:

• Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
Upcoming (so not included in 2.1):

• Hang out with Romance Characters
  • Full Dualsense support on PC
  • More cats

Last edited:
Those cats are creepy; I don't want more of them! :eek:

Apparently people have been raving about the metro. I really don't get that obsession with it. But I guess it's nice, for immersion.
But besides that it's just a glorified fast travel system, so I really don't get the obsession with it. I think it sort of grew just because they never implemented it, even though they kept showing it off. But I don't think a lot of people seriously wanted it. Or maybe I'm mistaken.
I was a little frustrated when I saw it was just teleporting to another spot, but I immediately forgot about it. I think it's easier to call the bike and go to any place than finding a metro, but it's nice for the immersion. I don't get the obsession either.

Seems like a decent amount of stuff for a patch to me. I mean, it was never indicated that 2.1 was going to be some massive change, right?

When you put everything together, metro system, improved boss fights, new HUD options, etc, I think it looks pretty good.

Seems like a decent amount of stuff for a patch to me. I mean, it was never indicated that 2.1 was going to be some massive change, right?

When you put everything together, metro system, improved boss fights, new HUD options, etc, I think it looks pretty good.
No, it's a complete surprise. I'm not often looking at leaks and such, but I had the impression many of the changes in 2.0 were unexpected too.

I'm quite surprised to learn 4 million copies of PL were sold. When I accidentally (sorta) hit wanted level 5 in Dogtown and I was less than 1 percent of players to attain that, I figured PL sales must have been pretty low.

I'm not interested in game plus mode, either. My rare 2nd playthrough of this game has been quite fun, but I'm ready to move onto something else.

Back
Top Bottom