Diablo 3 - Now Installing

I loved D2 and bought its expansion and even both guide books. However, I was not forced to play online. What if I want to play the game at home or while travelling ?

Is there even an option to play offline ?

If not, this feels more like renting a game than buying one….
Please let me know as after my exams I have three months of nothingness…
No. You can't access your heroes or even the "start new game" button until you've logged in to Battlenet … which is a bit of a pain in the butt right now since I really want to play it but the login servers are overloaded and I keep getting a "please try again later" message thrown in my face. :wall::raincloud:

*EDIT*
Just noticed a 370 odd pages long thread on the Blizzard forum regarding the dreaded "Error 37" issue (the try again one from above). It seems that even though they had Star Craft as well as dozens of WoW releases to use as a reference point, Blizzard still managed to be taken completely by surprise by the horde of people wanting to play D3 so their entire server structure is fubar at the moment (this by the way includes the servers containing your characters). Not the best of launches ... sigh.

Last edited:
No. You can't access your heroes or even the "start new game" button until you've logged in to Battlenet … which is a bit of a pain in the butt right now since I really want to play it but the login servers are overloaded and I keep getting a "please try again later" message thrown in my face. :wall::raincloud:

Well, then I'm not buying this... Shame on them for forcing people to rent a game. People should have boycotted this...

Wow... quite a cluster... they lost my cash, at least until 1) the server situation becomes equivalent to firing up single-player offline and 2) the game drops in price by 20.00. Color me unimpressed.

Well the single player game is fun but the concept of having wait for server to come back up after emergency maintanance is just stupid. The servers crashed and at the moment aren't coming back up until around 1:30 pdt.

I wasnt able to log on at all last night, this morning i fired up and played for a little while before work.

Yeah, they got swamped lol ='.'=

they should have known from the preorder numbers that it was the biggest release evar, way more than SC2 and WoW

I wasnt able to log on at all last night, this morning i fired up and played for a little while before work.

Yeah, they got swamped lol ='.'=

they should have known from the preorder numbers that it was the biggest release evar, way more than SC2 and WoW

I just don't see a good exuse for this. The ONLY reason not to seperate the single player from the servers is piracy. All they needed to do was use Steams model for that. Oh well I'll probably try again tomorrow.

I just don't see a good exuse for this. The ONLY reason not to seperate the single player from the servers is piracy. All they needed to do was use Steams model for that. Oh well I'll probably try again tomorrow.
Actually, there are valid hacking, botting and piracy reasons to maintain a constant server connection.

Actually, there are valid hacking, botting and piracy reasons to maintain a constant server connection.

It's just about control of the game no excuses please. In the end it's a good business decision even if I don't agree with it.

My hubby played it last night for about 2-3 hours... he's loving it. From what I've seen, graphic/environment is no longer cartoon-looking :D Much better than D2, looking a lot more like D1. I might get it for myself too.

Hey guys, have been a long time.

Not really been following D3 in detail, just picked up a few newsbits now and then.
Can't help it but got interested now it is realeased and after reading and seeing some vids.

I think I am going to buy it later today :p How are the servers now?

Pre-ordered mine a week ago, and the delivery of the game is on the way… Hopefully i would get it tomorrow.

Anyone know if there'll be a demo ? some people say this is the best ever... some say it sucks... would be fun to at least try it out.

I agree with you GG. I would like a demo too.

Don't know if there will be one/is one. I'll risk it even without :p

Got hooked without playing it, darn normally only PB gets me there. :p
Still need to buy Risen 2 :p

Thoroughly unimpressive launch for a mediocre sequel to 2 of the best games of all time. 12 years? Utter joke.

Bring on Torchlight 2.

Anyone know if there'll be a demo?

There already was a demo when they opened up the beta to everyone with a Battle.net account.
I don't think that they will have another free trial any time soon. If you're struggling with the onslaught of millions of paying customers then the last thing you need is another onslaught of millions of demo/trial gamers.

Anyone know if there'll be a demo ? some people say this is the best ever… some say it sucks… would be fun to at least try it out.

I think in a month or so starter edition is opening up for most people so you'd be able to trial it.

Anyone know if there'll be a demo ? some people say this is the best ever… some say it sucks… would be fun to at least try it out.

I have 3 guest passes at home GG. If you would like one I am happy to PM it to you (you just need the REG KEY CODE for the pass). It will let you download the client and play up until the skeleton king in Act 1.

I won't be home till about 5pm east coast time but if you still want it let me know.

If anyone else is interested I will share them on a first come first serve basis (with first dibs to GG if interested since they seemed interested).

I have had no trouble playing at this point. But then I haven't had much time :) I rather miss creating my own character .. forgot what D games were like. But its fun enough to play even though I detest the whole "always online" thing. Just don't like for a single player game. Prefer the Steam model.

Americas servers sucked wind last night. I couldn't play at all from about 8 Pacific until midnight. As I predicted they're struggling. However, I am surprised by how much they are. Didn't expect this level of outage.

Europe and Asia are fine. Of course, any char you build there stays there. No bringing it over to Americas once those servers are up.

I have 3 guest passes at home GG. If you would like one I am happy to PM it to you (you just need the REG KEY CODE for the pass). It will let you download the client and play up until the skeleton king in Act 1.

I won't be home till about 5pm east coast time but if you still want it let me know.

If anyone else is interested I will share them on a first come first serve basis (with first dibs to GG if interested since they seemed interested).

I have had no trouble playing at this point. But then I haven't had much time :) I rather miss creating my own character .. forgot what D games were like. But its fun enough to play even though I detest the whole "always online" thing. Just don't like for a single player game. Prefer the Steam model.

That's really nice of you. I'd like that.

Back
Top Bottom