Final Fantasy XV Demo Video

Never played any FF games other than FF14 (the MMO) which I really enjoyed. Not been following this so anyone like to give me a quick summary as to the why all this hate pls? :)

The game is made by Square Enix Japan, they don't care about the PC because that's not a market in Japan.
You're saying they don't care about earning $?
Dunno if it's utopia or imbecillism.

Never played any FF games other than FF14 (the MMO) which I really enjoyed. Not been following this so anyone like to give me a quick summary as to the why all this hate pls? :)
What hate exactly? I didn't notice any.

The game is console exclusive. No PC version actually exist.

The game is made by Square Enix Japan, they don't care about the PC because that's not a market in Japan.
Well they do care about the PC as Steam has made them a nice profit on the ports. Also in a recent interview they said their are currently no plans for a PC version right now.

So going based on the current rate of Square porting their games on the PC in the last few years, it seems Final Fantasy XV will be released on Steam eventually at a later date.

Last edited:

Running around the countryside as angsty teenagers in black leather reminds them of themselves in their younger days. :p

Running around the countryside as angsty teenagers in black leather reminds them of themselves in their younger days. :p

They might also have read the spoilers about the ending.

I can only speak for myself. The gameplay and combat looked horrible, and the game appears to revolve around a boyband in a convertible, sharing selfies and brofists, and tweaking each other's nipples.

I can only speak for myself. The gameplay and combat looked horrible, and the game appears to revolve around a boyband in a convertible, sharing selfies and brofists, and tweaking each other's nipples.

I only saw the E3 trailer for this game and the "bros" put me off as well but I thought it will be much better game than "bros" since how much people go on about FF.... oh well!

I expect it will show up on PC some day. Maybe even some day soon.

Boy band in a convertible - fine. Girl band in a convertible... theoretically fine but they already did a girl band in FFX-2. Short wizards made of black light band in a convertible - fine. Give me a great story and fun battles and I shall be happy. But will they?

P.S. My internet is absolute trash today - even Wikipedia is taking minutes to load up!

So FF15 is basically crossgender FF10-2 with a bit better graphics.
Meh.

The product ran in many developpment issues (they had to restart from scratch) The product has still issues (cam issues) and they have pushed the marketing train to the utmost, granting priviledges to influential people as they never have done before.

They statd that a PC port would be troublesome as it implies deep changes to the engine.

They must recoup 10 years in developpment.

So FF15 is basically crossgender FF10-2 with a bit better graphics.
Meh.

Thats... Giving too much credit to to FFXV. FFXV's gameplay has more in common with a "kingdom hearts" game than an FF game.

Clueless gamer videos have often been fun to watch, but this one is so freaking accurate as well. Just amazing how crappy games can be produced with so much money & effort. :D

Just amazing how crappy games can be produced with so much money & effort. :D

Unchecked story-driven game development happened. Someone has an idea for a plot, but designers now have to find gamepay to go with it. That usually lead to changing the gameplay for the next cool idea a developer (or executive) come up with, a bunch of them being story plot points, until they realize they have to release something...

Unchecked story-driven game development happened. Someone has an idea for a plot, but designers now have to find gamepay to go with it. That usually lead to changing the gameplay for the next cool idea a developer (or executive) come up with, a bunch of them being story plot points, until they realize they have to release something…
Correct I also recall this game has been in development hell for over six years. Mostly due to the company restructuring, and various delays of the the FF 13 games.

Give me a great story and fun battles and I shall be happy. But will they?

I think you'll get that, although the last single-player Final Fantasy game I played was 10, so I don't know much about modern Final Fantasy.

Didn't they get Sakaguchi to work on this project, though? Original mastermind supergenius creator of Final Fantasy who went on to form Mistwalker Studios years later. Their work is really worth checking out as well (Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, Xbox 360 exclusive RPGs). Haven't tried Last Story for the Wii but hear it's pretty good as well.

I think you'll get that, although the last single-player Final Fantasy game I played was 10, so I don't know much about modern Final Fantasy.

Back when FF 10 was out I would have said that too. But things things have changed a lot since then, and the most recent FF was unrecognizable from the FF games we played back then, seeming to ignore everything that anyone ever liked about their old titles. And more people than not seemed to hate both the combat and the story.

So I'm hoping for something more like their quality games of the past, but their recent track record combined with what I've seen so far makes me skeptical.

Yeah, gotta agree with fadedc. 10 had a rather dumb teen-age love story in the first half but overall was a fun game. 12 was a much weaker story though it still had some interesting aspects to its battle system. 13's story was not good at all and I didn't like the battle system at all, either. (11 and 14 were MMOs.)

The trend is going way down so I'm pretty dubious BUT they can still pull it out. I'm not about to write it off just because the internet mob decides to make it a hate target, either.

P.S. The Internet returns! No idea what it was but everything in Europe was going horrible slow for me for a couple of days.

P.S. The Internet returns! No idea what it was but everything in Europe was going horrible slow for me for a couple of days.

This is the point at which most people blame Brexit.

Well, I was thinking global warming making the ocean deeper increasing the pressure on the fiber pipes... <crazed grin>

Actually in Australia a while back, one of the underwater line to Asia was cut somehow, I had problems getting to Asian servers playing my MOBA's.

Back
Top Bottom