Grimoire - Released

Well, I guess I will know how it is very soon. Someone gifted me a key, and that means It's on the immediate schedule now. I'll wait for the next patch of the savegame feature tomorrow though and will just have a look at character creation for the time being.

Well, I guess I will know how it is very soon. Someone gifted me a key, and that means It's on the immediate schedule now. I'll wait for the next patch of the savegame feature tomorrow though and will just have a look at character creation for the time being.

It's nearly impossible to approach this game with an open mind given its history, but give it a go. My view (although I haven't played it long), is that it looks like a decent game if you like retro/old school stuff. It might even be quite good. But definitely not to everyone's tastes. Get it installed and come join us in the Grimoire Support Group thread. :) we've nearly figured out some of the mechanics, I think…

I got the super demo working by getting the main exe (not the shortcut) in compatibility mode. The Super Demo has a number of issues with Windows 10 that looks like were fixed on the actual game.

Geez, I'm going to have to overcome my psychological block of not being ripped off to acquire the added value of Grimoire?

Despite my lack of interest in the game itself, I have to give the guy props for releasing it. Most of us will never make our own computer rpg game, let's be honest.

And who cares what his politics are, I find it weird that would matter so much to some people over a video game. I saw a ridiculous thread (and not the only one either) in the steam forum for this game basically saying how dare that steam allow this guy to sell a game there, because the thread starter didn't like his politics. My reaction was (rolls eyes) and to think, "Damn, get a grip!"

Some people are so uptight about stuff like this these days, and need to unclench. For their own mental health's sake, if nothing else.

Despite my lack of interest in the game itself, I have to give the guy props for releasing it. Most of us will never make our own computer rpg game, let's be honest.

And who cares what his politics are, I find it weird that would matter so much to some people over a video game. I saw a ridiculous thread (and not the only one either) in the steam forum for this game basically saying how dare that steam allow this guy to sell a game there, because the thread starter didn't like his politics. My reaction was (rolls eyes) and to think, "Damn, get a grip!"

Some people are so uptight about stuff like this these days, and need to unclench. For their own mental health's sake, if nothing else.

People really enjoy creating their own private fantasy about people they've never met - and have absolutely no reliable information about.

I guess it's the nature of so many morons being online.

Sorry, did I say morons? I meant human beings.

People really enjoy creating their own private fantasy about people they've never met - and have absolutely no reliable information about.

ah DArt you're so insightful! Except… except we did have 20 years to get to know Cleve. And most of the info was coming straight from the horse's mouth. Besides, is there such a thing as a reliable info about/from totally unreliable person?

ah DArt you're so insightful! Except… except we did have 20 years to get to know Cleve. And most of the info was coming straight from the horse's mouth. And, last but not least, is there such a thing as a reliable info about/from totally unreliable person?

I find it interesting that I have to be insightful because I point out the obvious.

But I guess it makes sense.

No, there is no such thing as reliable information about a person like that. However, if you ever spent two seconds thinking about his statements instead of playing the morality game - you would realise that it's incredibly - and I do mean INCREDIBLY - unlikely that he means everything he says.

Knowing nothing about the history of this, It looks good to me. (being a fan of all the quoted games)

I will wait until the bugs are fixed and it's hopefully discounted though. I'm in no rush, I can wait another year or three.

Would love to read a review though. :)

Daniel.

Knowing nothing about the history of this, It looks good to me. (being a fan of all the quoted games)

That's the best way to go about it in this particular situation. The less you know about Cleve, his struggles, his history, his politics, his attitudes, the better :lol:

I admire him for this herculean one-man effort (aside from art assets and the third-party artists he hired) and that he finally brought to fruition his dream of producing a good retro-blobber (so I'm told) in the style of classic later period Wizardry American-style. I personally won't be buying this since I could never get past the first area in any of the alpha/beta builds for reasons outside of difficulty and bugginess.

But the most important thing is that the Neanderthal has done it! It took him 23 years but he did it, damn it! Huzzah!

Congrats, Mr. Blakemore.

However, if you ever spent two seconds thinking about his statements instead of playing the morality game - you would realise that it's incredibly - and I do mean INCREDIBLY - unlikely that he means everything he says.
But DArt I don't have the time nor the inclination to deeply psychoanalyze people of this type. Just like I don't psychoanalyze Donald Trump to uncover some deeply hidden good sides of him. You are still young so you can afford to waste your time on things like that but I'm just too old.
As for the morality game? That's MY morality and I'll play with it any way I want to.

But DArt I don't have the time nor the inclination to deeply psychoanalyze people of this type. Just like I don't psychoanalyze Donald Trump to uncover some deeply hidden good sides of him. You are still young so you can afford to waste your time on things like that but I'm just too old.
As for the morality game? That's MY morality and I'll play with it any way I want to.

No, I get it. You don't have time to go in-depth in any way with the people you feel like judging.

I'm shocked, believe me ;)

No, there is no such thing as reliable information about a person like that. However, if you ever spent two seconds thinking about his statements instead of playing the morality game - you would realise that it's incredibly - and I do mean INCREDIBLY - unlikely that he means everything he says.
That I find a somewhat odd position to have. Your statement appears to be assuming that everything he states has to be taken with a grain of salt even if he repeats it over and over again and leaves written records about it. Does the same apply to what you write on these forums?

Last edited:
That I find a somewhat odd position to have. Why is it unlikely? if a person repeats it over and over again and leaves written records about it, why is it incredibly unlikely that he means what he has written and says?
Does the same apply to what you write on these forums?

It's unlikely if you understand what people are actually like.

Maybe it comes as a surprise, but the percentage of human beings who're genuinely and utterly insane - is incredibly low.

Which makes it incredibly unlikely that Cleve is the same as the role he's playing.

No, I get it. You don't have time to go in-depth in any way with the people you feel like judging.

I'm shocked, believe me ;)

That guy left the USA to move to Australia just for what he is claiming since 20 years.
You really have no idea about what some weirdos are ready to do and the length they can go. He is in the mild zone himself since he is just talking and building a bunker against a nuclear war in Australia. He looks like he never hurt anyone. He has however several blogs where he does not talk about his game but only about politics.

Now, if you choose to restrict yourself to the fun factor, and you say that is all which matters for you it is fine. But, do not say to the others than they are shallow.

Also, let's just say he really IS insane. Let's say he genuinely believes himself to be a superhuman godlike figure.

Is that something people choose deliberately?

No, it's a disease.

Do we hate people for something beyond their control?

Yes, if we're morons.

Meaning, we're back to morons.

I don't think Cleve is insane. He is clearly a racist and some other things, but not utterly insane.

I find it interesting that I have to be insightful because I point out the obvious.

But I guess it makes sense.

Reliable or not, if someone spends *decades* building an online persona both within and without his game project which is darkly comical at best and blatantly offensive at worst, no one should expect people to simply disregard that persona when it comes time to put down money for the product. Will a positively reviewed and wonderfully received game overcome that? Possibly, but I find that highly doubtful, at least for me.

I don't think Cleve is insane. He is clearly a racist and some other things, but not utterly insane.

You have to pick one.

Either he means everything he says or he doesn't. If he does - he's insane. If he doesn't - then you simply can't know.

Reliable or not, if someone spends *decades* building an online persona both within and without his game project which is darkly comical at best and blatantly offensive at worst, no one should expect people to simply disregard that persona when it comes time to put down money for the product. Will a positively reviewed and wonderfully received game overcome that? Possibly, but I find that highly doubtful, at least for me.

People can be as stupid and ignorant as they like in terms of trying to judge complete strangers that they've never met.

Eh? Why would he have to mean everything he says? It's quite possible for someone to be more sincere at certain times than others. Especially someone who seems as unstable as Cleve.

Back
Top Bottom