Pillars of Eternity - Massive Review Roundup

Thanks for correcting me zahratustra.

the whole process for me was fast. did you install to an ssd?

Nah, still an actual spinning disc for me. Waiting until next year's tax return to get a new rig. This year, it's a family vacation. :)

While the IGN review was for the most part glowing, they harped a bit on the "outdated" graphics. It "looks a little old", and "disappointing" graphics

And thankfully it does, that's part of what makes it so glorious. They could have produced this with the original BG graphics and I'd be fine w/ that.

The Grand Canyon's "a little old" too, GTFO already if you cannot appreciate the art that is this game

The problem with a great game is that I come up with more things they could have done better than any other game :) it's the enthusiasm. I do hope that they aren't afraid to try new things for their next game.

* art is important
** and yes the grand canyon isn't what it is used to be

The problem with the graphics is that the prerendered backgrounds for the ordinary areas are clearly of a lower resolution/quality.

lol.. perfect day to play this game with the weather we have here !

I know, right?! Endless gray skies....:-x

Like others here, just can't believe this embarrassment of riches lately.. Divinity: OS, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and now this….. ?! The writing for this game is exCEPtionally great, 'cross the board. And the world-building is really amazing. I never thought I'd see a game like this again… kind of stunned really. Thank you Kickstarter. :) You helped fund the four best games I've played in years.. and a new Torment is still yet to come!

The writing is absolutely in a class of its own.

I think theyre great, not seein' it man

Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For instance in the underground temple in the first village. I was shocked, it looked like something from the old Infinity Engine games blown up to high resolutions.

@A Well I knew this would be the case. I've been saying that from the start. The risk was always the bugginess and being complete. They seem to have overcome that issue by being in control of qa and the schedule. Imagine!

Well not sure what happened to cause my bug, but it was an easy fix. I went from being able to load games after quitting the program to not. Simply running as Administrator brought all the saves back to being accessible thankfully though.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Decided to get fancy and quit the program and try running as Admin again to confirm and I broke it again :'(

For instance in the underground temple in the first village. I was shocked, it looked like something from the old Infinity Engine games blown up to high resolutions.

Shocked you say. I hope you can recover. Looks great if you ask me.

Yeah, the pre-rendered backgrounds are fairly low resolution; it's especially obvious when you zoom in. You get used to it though. My main gripe would have to be the cumbersome combat, but the ambiance of the rest of the game more than makes up for it. These dungeons are great.

I do notice feet sometimes clip into the world...

Back
Top Bottom