RPGWatch Feature: Elemental Review

continued posting in childish manner….yeah thats helpful.

Blind loyalty? how am I being blindly loyal?

I'm not the only one who sees this :)

You've been defending this travesty rabidly both on QT3 forums and Elemental forums.

You see no issues in a guy playing a game for 100 hours(no one does that if they hate something to the point they want a refund) then deciding trolling the forums is the way to go.

Issue?

No, that's really quite common. Someone was not satisfied with what's basically a hollow game that didn't, in any way, live up to the promises made insistently by the lead guy.

What's the issue?

Not much point in discussing with someone like you though, you are one of those people who argues for the sake of arguing. Weird bizzaro internet world for you I guess.

Oh, that's your version of non-personal and helpful? :)

You're the sort of person who thinks people are arguing for the sake of arguing, every time they don't agree with you.

But I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying you seem to be blindly defending the indefensible - which is quite ok with me. My point was that it's not constructive, and though you might think that other guy was trolling, I'm seeing legit complaints amongst the bitching - which I think he's 100% entitled to.

I'm not the only one who sees this :)

You've been defending this travesty rabidly both on QT3 forums and Elemental forums.

Issue?

No, that's really quite common. Someone was not satisfied with what's basically a hollow game that didn't, in any way, live up to the promises made insistently by the lead guy.

What's the issue?

Oh, that's your version of non-personal and helpful? :)

You're the sort of person who thinks people are arguing for the sake of arguing, every time they don't agree with you.

But I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying you seem to be blindly defending the indefensible - which is quite ok with me. My point was that it's not constructive, and though you might think that other guy was trolling, I'm seeing legit complaints amongst the bitching - which I think he's 100% entitled to.

Unfortunately we are going to have to disagree with some things here: First off, repeating over and over again the release was horrible is not constructive, it is a fact...it gets to the point where all it is the same posts with different wording. It is not helping it to move forward and get it to where it should be.

Secondly, I don't think anyone has the right to character assasinate people, ask them to kill themselves or just generally act crazy over a game. Its a game. It really is that simple. That is why I posted in Qt3, I realize that it was against the tar and feather mentality of that board, but I think it went beyond a game at that point. I don't know brad, but I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

Third, I have been posting in threads about ways to fix certain issues, which is constructive. It may seem to you I'm ignoring its faults but I am not. I see the faults but I am not the drama queen thinking it is a total travesty, after all...it is a game. A game that is improving with every patch. Should we all just tar and feather them and throw the game on the fire or should we try and ge the game we think is there with some more work?

Secondly, I don't think anyone has the right to character assasinate people, ask them to kill themselves or just generally act crazy over a game. Its a game. It really is that simple.

It´s a product people paid 50 bucks for.

It´s a product people paid 50 bucks for.

50 dollars?? Seriously you think it is enough to make death t hreats and character assasinations ok?

50 dollars that gets refunded to you if you try and work with the tech department to get it to work...or 75% refunded to you if you just don't like it...so...it isn't even 50 dollars.

Unfortunately we are going to have to disagree with some things here: First off, repeating over and over again the release was horrible is not constructive, it is a fact…it gets to the point where all it is the same posts with different wording. It is not helping it to move forward and get it to where it should be.

That's not all he's doing, though - as he's being specific about what's wrong. Still, people bitching after having been cheated is only natural. Constructive? If it was only bitching - no, but still very understandable.

Secondly, I don't think anyone has the right to character assasinate people, ask them to kill themselves or just generally act crazy over a game. Its a game. It really is that simple. That is why I posted in Qt3, I realize that it was against the tar and feather mentality of that board, but I think it went beyond a game at that point. I don't know brad, but I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

Of course not. That's stupid.

It's never about the person, except if the person is the reason - and in this case, it seems Brad is pretty much solely responsible for the game being crap. He doesn't deserve to die for that, obviously, but he deserves a good amount of bitching. Constructive or not, that's what you get when you lie to everyone - including yourself.

Third, I have been posting in threads about ways to fix certain issues, which is constructive. It may seem to you I'm ignoring its faults but I am not. I see the faults but I am not the drama queen thinking it is a total travesty, after all…it is a game. A game that is improving with every patch. Should we all just tar and feather them and throw the game on the fire or should we try and ge the game we think is there with some more work?

So you DO recognise the flaws I was talking about originally? Because in the start of this thread, you seemed pretty oblivious to how bad a state this game was in, and it's nice to know if you REALLY get it - or you still think this will be fine in a couple of patches.

Because if you DO get it, then there's nothing to disagree about.

People people, its almost christmas. and by that time EWoM will be a good game. Till then we all gonna play civilization 5 ;)

I think it s much better at 1.07.

Things I think need work:

1) tactical battles - more abilities and resistances need to be added. Fire spells should do more damage to ice creatures, etc.

2) Magic -I like the pool system he is talking about implementing, I think we should have to save up a number of turns to cast a huge spell. It needs more content as well.

3) Quests - need to randomly add more, more content again.

4) AI - it needs tweaking, and mdoifying...which brad is doing now.

5) Stability - for some reason it runs fine on some machines(like mine) and others its a dog, gotta be fixed.

Thats where I am at with it right now. Tactical combat needs those extra things to make them a bit more interesting, because they are at the moment identical to MoM without the interesting abilities.

And note: 1.07 is way beyond what the original release was.

1) tactical battles - more abilities and resistances need to be added. Fire spells should do more damage to ice creatures, etc.

2) Magic -I like the pool system he is talking about implementing, I think we should have to save up a number of turns to cast a huge spell. It needs more content as well.

4) AI - it needs tweaking, and mdoifying…which brad is doing now.

5) Stability - for some reason it runs fine on some machines(like mine) and others its a dog, gotta be fixed.

Thats where I am at with it right now. Tactical combat needs those extra things to make them a bit more interesting, because they are at the moment identical to MoM without the interesting abilities.

Well, you must be a lot easier to please than I :)

1.07 seemed to improve performance somewhat, but I still think 90% of the features in the game are bland and hollow. What the magic system REALLY needs are spells to diversify the schools and flavor to justify them.

Every single sub-aspect needs a ton of work. But I could go on forever about this.

Basically, the game is still a shell without thought given to any of the important stuff. Like they threw it all together in a weekend.

Until it comes near the competition, I will consider it a work-in-progress, and that's fair enough. Now that I see them acknowledging this themselves, there's hope.

Though, there's not a shred of evidence they're capable of making it fun - at least they know it's not fun right now.

So, we'll see.

4) AI - it needs tweaking, and mdoifying…which brad is doing now.

I had the beer goggles takin off on day two and saw it for what it was......damn I wish I could get those beer goggles back on;) Anyways, there is no way I'm putting in any significant time again until I see major AI improvements and hopefully the combat system reworked from the ground up. Otherwise this game will still be boring, but I have faith that he can pull it off in time so I'm not asking for a refund for the collectors edition and I fully expect him to be true to his word and offer one, or maybe more, free expansions. If he does all that then great. Whether it was a mistake on his part or not, that won't matter anymore. What will matter is that I got a game that is fun finally.

But it's not much better, imo, even with the latest patch. The AI is the dumbest thing about this game and until it gets reworked it will continue to be extremely boring/annoying.

i really should stop reading this thread because it is making me so confused! :)

i pre-ordered elemental and have being playing it off and on since release (no where near clocking in 100 hours like someone up the board) but am really enjoying it - which, from the vibe, makes me a minority on this board at least.

i rely on the auto-resolve for battles so i largely miss out on the retarded nature of the tactical battles / and i only use spells for the summons (and very rarely the city bonuses). I think my play style just doesn't run into all the problems you guys seem to have.

I build my empire. Set up my little trade caravans and protect them. Well, that was before 1.07 . . . because now the AI actually attacks me! Sucks (not really, i was waiting for it to happen and last night it did! yay!).

I'm really only posting because there is so much nastiness in this thread and I just don't understand it.

There are so many games released that the dev/publisher just abandon to the wilds (recently, i'm looking at you Alpha Protocol) and yet in this case the dev is in it for the long run - even giving the first expansion to some customers for free? total win.

but, apparently, that is not enough (the devs continued commitment). perhaps i didn't troll the development journals well enough, or play all the pantheon of other magic inspired strategy games to develop a bitter enough palette toward the developers and the game itself.

i don't have any real point except there is so much bitterness, and about a freeking video game.

i hate to say it, and i don't think i ever have, but don't you guys have anything better to do with your life than sit around being bitter about a video game? if it sucks just get a different one (or replay one you already like!) rather than spend a good week trolling a forum about how much it sucks. it's not like stardock came over and kicked over your letterbox.

/end of pointless morning rant. off to do an assignment (then, probably, to skive off and play elemental)

Made me think of this one again!?:

duty_calls.png

don't you guys have anything better to do with your life than sit around being bitter about a video game? if it sucks just get a different one (or replay one you already like!) rather than spend a good week trolling a forum about how much it sucks.

That's probably the most sensible post this thread has seen lately. :thumbsup:

That's probably the most sensible post this thread has seen lately. :thumbsup:

I have to agree...I missed that thanks for singling it out.

there's no talking sense into rune_74 (here or on the Elemental boards).

BTW rune, were you implying that CIV5 multiplayer WONT work out of the box over on the SD boards?

there's no talking sense into rune_74 (here or on the Elemental boards).

BTW rune, were you implying that CIV5 multiplayer WONT work out of the box over on the SD boards?

Nope I was saying basically that you came to the boards just to troll. You're pretty much a loser in my books for gettin your money back then causing shit afterwords.

For the record looking forward to civ5, wasn't commenting in that thread about it.

Trolling isn't giving my opinion in someone's thread about how they think an 'F' Metacritic game is better than CIV 5.

Sorry, but Sid and the boys have a lot more of my time and $$$ than Froggy ever will.

Trolling isn't giving my opinion in someone's thread about how they think an 'F' Metacritic game is better than CIV 5.

Sorry, but Sid and the boys have a lot more of my time and $$$ than Froggy ever will.

commenting like this:

"Yeah you're right Istari. Sid is a hack who bluffed his way to the top releasing shoddy, busted shite for decades. FWIW my EWOM $ was refunded, so no, I no longer have that waste of hard drive space occupying my SSD.

Did Stardock ever fire up the MP servers yet? Game has been out for weeks now ...
"

That is trolling, but you know that.

my original quote which labeled me a troll in your book was

"cuz hex maps, AAA level polish and working multiplayer out of the box suck amirite?"

to the, "why Elemental > CIV5" thread

Back
Top Bottom