RPGWatch Feature: Elemental Review

my original quote which labeled me a troll in your book was

"cuz hex maps, AAA level polish and working multiplayer out of the box suck amirite?"

to the, "why Elemental > CIV5" thread

Nope, I just knew who you were from this thread. Sad thing is, you didn't like the game, got your money back but still feel rightous in denouncing them on their forums? At minimum that makes you classless.

Nope, I just knew who you were from this thread. Sad thing is, you didn't like the game, got your money back but still feel rightous in denouncing them on their forums? At minimum that makes you classless.

Getting a refund on Elemental has squat to do with giving an opinion on Civilization 5, be it posted on Firaxis, RPG Codex or BradIsMyManCrush.com.

Also, could we stop with the "classless" "loser" comments? You preach how constructive you are on the first few pages of this thread so its coming across a tad hypocritical.

Last edited:
+1 for the Codex ... this from Shuma over there resonates in my head purty nicely ...
I'm not optimistic that this game will ever be good. It's pretty astounding how far off it is from anything fun. I'm amazed that people like this game. I mean, some folks have fun playing anything, but even then I just don't get it. I'm annoyed that I got suckered in by Brad's talk of influences (Dom3, MoM, HoMM3,Ultima 3, et al.) and his 8-bit heritage. The game is nothing like his stated influences.

There's talk of mods, there's talk of patches, and I guess we'll see. Right now I can't envision the incremental changes that are going to put all these half-baked systems together into a coherent, fun game. I definitely agree that a major overhaul of certain systems (I think most of them, actually) is in order.

If you can't see what you're doing as wrong, then your parents failed you.

Last edited:
It's interesting that he's a classless loser, because you don't think it's ok to bash a game that deserves bashing, in my opinion. His parents failed him? Can you NOT make a personal attack, I wonder.

That said, it's still not all that constructive to bash it at this point.

I suggest waiting for a few patches, and see if Stardock can do anything right with this game :)

GODDAMN its christmas (almost).
Peace or ill fire an iceball to you heads.

Words are so powerful dont you think :p

If you can't see what you're doing as wrong, then your parents failed you.

So back to this thread I was trolling .. the OP said he purchased Elemental over Civ V for reasons we'll call X, Y and Z. Why is it that it is ok over on those boards to speculate on C5 so long as Elemental is compared favorably, but the opposite argument (that C5 may perhaps indeed release as a better game) is invalid as C5 isn't out yet.

My parents may have failed me but they taught me basic logic, bro.

Last edited:
+1 for the Codex … this from Shuma over there resonates in my head purty nicely …

This quote triggered something for me: You know what Elemental in its current state reminds me of? Spore. Several interesting systems on paper, but not enough depth or fun in the game itself (for me at least).

I really hope the game will improve to a fun state, but we will just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom