RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Best RPG

It needs to be said that Codex invited their members to come vote here for Fallout 4 so to troll the Watch.

Then I have to thank them because Fallout 4 was the game of the year for me. Even though I put in over 200 hours in Witcher 3, I just think I had (and am having) way more fun playing F4. It was really no contest for me.

Thank you codex.

Then I have to thank them because Fallout 4 was the game of the year for me. Even though I put in over 200 hours in Witcher 3, I just think I had (and am having) way more fun playing F4. It was really no contest for me.
You would enjoy seeing RPGWatch GotY voting trolled and distorted (if that's indeed what happened - I have no idea) just so it would result in your own favorite game getting 3rd place? Bizarre.

On a lighter note, if FO4 was the best game you played from last year I'd hate to see the list of the other games you played last year ;)

You would enjoy seeing RPGWatch GotY voting trolled and distorted (if that's indeed what happened - I have no idea) just so it would result in your own favorite game getting 3rd place? Bizarre.

On a lighter note, if FO4 was the best game you played from last year I'd hate to see the list of the other games you played last year ;)

I didn't vote FO4 GotY, but I wouldn't say that anyone who did is trolling. I'd say those making that sort of accusation are the ones who are trolling.

I didn't vote FO4 GotY, but I wouldn't say that anyone who did is trolling. I'd say those making that sort of accusation are the ones who are trolling.
Right, nobody here said that.

What was said is that there was supposedly a concerted effort by people from RPG Codex to come here and vote Fallout 4 as GotY (and I did see a thread there discussing it, so it's safe to assume this is true, we just don't know the extent of it). Presumably this is because they think the game sucks, so seeing it end up in RPG Watch's list would be amusing to them.

While I do share the opinion that the game's not very good, I certainly wouldn't call all votes for it trolls, although that doesn't mean that some people voting for it weren't trolling (see above).

While I do share the opinion that the game's not very good, I certainly wouldn't call all votes for it trolls, although that doesn't mean that some people voting for it weren't trolling (see above).

I wouldn't call any votes for it trolls. As far as the aforementioned Codexers are concerned, simple things amuse simple people. :)

Witcher-3 - was my second favorite, But the Ciri action/cut scenes kinda knocked the game down a bunch for me.

Was that a light enough note for you???

A good list and yeah, a good year for RPGs and gaming in general.

I tried with Underrail but it's just too tedious for my tastes and as much as I love and buy indie games I don't "love" games more just due to them being indie. Lotsa people love the game, but just not my thing.

I would call it the year of RPGs I never finished.

Witcher 3 is awesome but as with most open world style games, I never finish them. After a certain number of hours I'm just done. They tend to get repetitive after a while with all the side bits and by the time that wears on my I'm not concerned about never finishing the main story.

Dunno if PoE didn't meet my expectations or what, but I played it, and just stopped. Combat started to feel very repetitive tactic-wise with no point in every doing anything but the same thing every fight and few spells or abilities seemed to matter (different graphics for the same bottom line).

Witcher 3 and FO4, despite it's flaws, would be top of my list, just due to having spectacular content. Nothing is really blowing me away as an "RPG" lately, so it comes down to which game has the most impressive and entertaining content.

Now that you mention it I only finished PoE as well. I had more fun with Underrail but ending of that game is just not fun at all.
Fo4 I quit when even playing it like H&S got boring.
WL2EE I didn't get much farther than in WL2 but I guess I might finish that one day.
SRR: HK was pretty boring from start and I stopped half way.
SitS I quit about 1/4 of the game and decided to wait for patches and expansion that I hope will fix some less fun design decisions.
D:OSEE I didn't even start as I would probably quit that as well half way like I did D:OS.
Hah, I didn't even finish Hard West, stopped about 80% through (to my defense the game got stuck in some mission and I kind of lost the will to continue as I would need to replay some parts again and this happened to me a few times in that game)

I did finish BG1EE like twice more in 2015 . This is my go to game when I don't feel like playing other RPGs.

Surprised to see Fallout4 made it in the top 10 as a RPG. The rest looks fine, and pretty much what I'd have voted point by point.

Back
Top Bottom