Rules on Emote reactions?

I see another option: If you give a negative reaction, you also need to write an answer explaining your reaction. Of course that can not be moderated automatically, so moderators would (like in one of the other options) only act, if a user complains about a negative reaction without explanation. I find that fair: liking something doesn't need an explanation, but everybody would want to understand the reason for a negative reaction to their posts.

Heads up I gave the member who complained another eye roll and he deserved it.

Not sorry so exspect him to bitch again.:biggrin:

Heads up I gave the member who complained another eye roll and he deserved it.

Not sorry so exspect him to bitch again.:biggrin:
As per usual, you don't seem to understand the basic concept of the point, as this post fully illustrates.

It's not an issue about receiving 'negative' emotes on a post, especially when a post is made which describes why that emote was given.

It's about using negative emotes as a targeted personal attack without ever having to contribute anything to the forum, a means to harass, stalk and bully without fear of consequence.

Most people seem able to grasp what's at stake in such a scenario, so it would be cool if you could at least acknowledge you understand the nuance here.

I got some eyerolls on a few posts (from a particular member) somewhat recently, but let it roll off my back. Come on, its not really that big a deal. I would even be in favor of more of those kinds of emojis, even the sarcastic and "nasty ones" but with a caveat: That people could block other people from seeing their posts. Maybe that is the solution to whatever conflicts, however mild it may seem to me, arise here, you could choose to enforce a mutual block? Or have a feature where an individual forum member can "block" another from seeing their replies and posts, (kind of like on twitter, if you get what I mean)

Anyway, I still think this site is very mild and like being at a tea party compared to the rough and tumble I have seen on other sites. For example, I just ignored the eyerolling from the other rpg watcher, because I can tell, we clash just on our opinions about rpgs and games in general, and so on. There will always be people who you might tend to clash with, I think. (shrug)

Maybe that is the solution to whatever conflicts, however mild it may seem to me, arise here
'Conflicts'?

It's not a conflict when you are going about your business and someone chooses to snipe 30 people from atop a tall building because they're literally insane, LMAO.

'Conflicts'?

It's not a conflict when you are going about your business and someone chooses to snipe 30 people from atop a tall building because they're literally insane, LMAO
:giggle: wowsers, so you can be very colorful when it comes to hyperbole and your take on things at times, heh. I'm at a loss on this one.

How about -- what do you want to happen to fix this "situation"? (constructive mode on) And I will read but not reply further, as I'm gonna go get a midnight snack.

:giggle: wowsers, so you can be very colorful when it comes to hyperbole and your take on things at times, heh. I'm at a loss on this one.

How about -- what do you want to happen to fix this "situation"? (constructive mode on) And I will read but not reply further, as I'm gonna go get a midnight snack.
Good lord almighty. OK, let's spell this out nice... and... slowly.

It's not about receiving A negative emoji.

It's not about someone disagreeing with a post.

It's not about forum arguments.

It's about providing tools to... trolls... which make it phenomenally easy for them to... wait for it... troll... people with.

OK?

@lackblogger This whole thread is a lesson on "don't take it personally". Nobody here hates you, but we do like to express opinions, just like you. Try not to be so sensitive, and take emojis with a sense of humor.

@lackblogger This whole thread is a lesson on "don't take it personally". Nobody here hates you, but we do like to express opinions, just like you. Try not to be so sensitive, and take emojis with a sense of humor.

You're over-generalizing; this is an issue stemming from primarily one user (currently).

The imho far best thing is the "informative" button.
No unserious web site has this.

Personally I haven't had any problems with the system as it is. I've gotten some negative emotes, I think, but if the poster didn't write what they disagreed with, I'd just assume they disagree with something I write or how I wrote it.

I don't think I've used a negative emote, but I'd probably use it a bit more if there were a "Disagree" one, since I see that as closer to neutral.

Edit: I think most emotes have a role to play, as not all members want to write replies, but still might want to communicate their thoughts. And to me it's fine even if they were to single me out.

Last edited:
I've had so much other stuff on my plate that I've forgotten about this, sorry. It's still a crazy time for me as I've got a truckload of things to finish up before Christmas, but I'll see about doing that poll soon and we can determine where to go from there.

I'll see about doing that poll soon
Poll?

You need a poll to determine if people are in agreement that using the site's tools as a means to stalkerishly harass other users in a deliberately malicious way is a bad thing?

You need a poll to authorise your own authority to just, initially, temporarily ban a single user from using said tools?

Your post #6 said everything that needed to be said, you were going to give the abuser time to validate their use of the emotes and then apply a temporary ban on using emotes if nothing was forthcoming. One of the site's longest serving moderators then said this was a good plan.

The mention of a poll in post #13 seemed to come out of nowhere. And the following '3 options' in #17 also read like you'd completely forgotten the plan agreed upon in post #6.

I have no wish to make your life more complicated, but I thought we had this thread and issue quickly and easily sorted by post #6. And yet here we are on post #39 supposedly in some kind of difficult quandary.

Shees, I'm glad I left this manchild hell.

I came after a month or two of detox to see what the few users that had an actual interesting and respectful opinion for video games thought of Rogue Trader, but I'm going to leave again without even participating in any of that, seeing this is the front page mood-setting post of the site.

Suppose that's the best I can do since the site doesn't allow me to delete my account. With luck, someone will feel offended enough to throw a tantrum worthy of a 6-month-old infant like this thread and get me banned for this post, here's hoping.

@Couchpotato, @pibbuR, @wolfgrimdark and some of the other respectable members of the site I surely forget to mention, hope you're doing well, and enjoying games and life. See you in a couple months, if nobody does anything to relieve me from such torture. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom