The cleavage thread

I really feel for the guy! Cleavage is one of those tricky things in life where you are not sure if you are supposed to look or not to look!

If she likes you, you're supposed to look. If she doesn't - you're not :)

That's life for you. The difference between it being a romantic comedy or a stalker/thriller is if the person being pursued gives in.

So just keep at it until they give in :p

Breasts are not public property where everybody can decide for him/herself whether it is okay to look at them to satisfy a curiosity/desire/dislike, just because they are visible in some way or another.

Another post detailing the insanity of SJW movement. You want me to be responsible for what you deem appropriate or not appropriate public viewing? I'm supposed to magically know how everyone in a mall wants me to gaze a particular body part (or not gaze as the case may be). Where does it end? My elbows are special and important to me, I want to keep them bare but I will be mortally offended if anyone looks at them. How dare they? Pigs.

When I dress up I expect to be looked at. People should stop playing passive agressive victim. It undermines real victims, real abuse, real issues.

When I dress up I do that for myself and I expect others to do that because of that motivation as well, most likely because it makes them feel good. The assumption that people have been dressed up for others, is most of the time wrong I think. Drawing any conclusions on how people are dressed might often be incorrect.

And if we are only allowed to discuss topics when there are real victims, real abuse or real issues involved, we can close 98% of all threads on these forums. And that is perhaps a conservative estimate.

Haha, what thread a funny thread. I would say that it is impossible to know both with men and women whatever or not they are comfortable with people looking at them. Some love it some hate it, and some only wants certain people to look like young and beautiful ones, not old and ugly ones and so on.

But as long as it is not rude staring, or disgusted looks and so on, we all have to accept this, because, I think you can all notice that you don't fully control how your eyes will react in a certain situation, if you don't focus intensively on them they'll wander and look at all sorts of stuffs, and some eyes are even drawn to specific colours, light, shapes or objects. If five people would sit in a room thinking about different things they'd all look at different things, without thinking. In the initial picture it is very possible the man was not purposefully thinking to peek at the breasts, but he might have been thinking about something else, and his eyes ended up there. I have seen this happen both to men and women, for example some women were very embarrassed when they realised they had been looking at a man's crouch unintentionally while thinking about something else, same thing for men and breasts.

Wow I didn't expect this to turned into 3 page thread :lol:

My eyes wonder as well but I always play it safe at only look for split second at a time :p

Gosh. I guess this a sensitive subject, it is as if it is being felt by some as the right to have the freedom to look at whatever one feels like irrespective of the opinion of the subject.
Okay, fine, we can discuss that but hey, it is not the discussion I started.

For those who missed certain postings or lines of mine:
I did not criticize the guy in the gifv looking at the cleavage in the posting of lost - my eyes were on her breasts too.

I criticized this line:
But, if you're in doubt - you can just look at them. Her reaction will reveal all!

'If you're in doubt whether a woman or a girl likes you or not: just look at her breasts, mind you with her noticing it for her reaction will reveal where you stand.'

Now, this reminded me of: 'grab 'm by the pussy' - if she objects, well, then you know and you'll stop, if not: great, she likes you and wants you to go on!
I don't think that is respectable behaviour nor a respectable advise.

Last edited:
If you're in doubt whether a woman or a girl likes you or not: just look at her breasts,...

Or just make eye contact to see if she looks back.

I wouldn't be too hard on Eye in this case. It wasn't what was said, it was who said it.

My "advice" was a VERY obvious jest to anyone with eyes in use. No pun intended :)

I wouldn't actually recommend staring at breasts to guage a girl's interest :)

That said, I don't think looking at something aesthetically pleasing should be a crime. I don't care if they're shown on purpose or not. They're there, they look good - and so you see them. Big deal? No.

Staring is a bit tasteless, though. It makes you look like an animal more than a "sophisticated man". But a crime or "disrespect"? Only if you utterly fail to comprehend the biological imperatives we're all subject to. It takes will to avoid looking at what your body wants.

It would only be disrespect if the girl told you to stop staring - or made it obvious that she didn't want you to. THEN it would be highly disrespectful to keep looking.

Also, I'm very sorry to be the one revealing this to the oversensitive gender-warmongers - but both men and women ARE physical objects.

As in, not objectifying them would be denying reality.

That doesn't mean they're not more - even much more - but we're definitely objects. That's just physical reality - at least as far as we can establish given our mutually accepted scientific standards.

Now, with all that out of the way - I'm actually very adept at not looking at breasts. I honestly greatly dislike the power breasts have over me - so I tend to fight against giving girls that power. Probably a bit pathetic of me? I don't know. But I must be honest and admit I don't like feeling manipulated - and that's exactly what I feel when looking at a nice pair of breasts.

So, girls never actually "catch" me looking, because I just don't - and if I do, it's so brief as to go completely unnoticed.

However, if they become my partner - their breasts are going to be praised, and they've never seemed to mind that, quite the opposite :)

That said, if someone wants a "real" tip about appealing to women, I can say with experience that NOT pursuing a sexual encounter - and letting THEM take the initiative is often very, very attractive to them. So, seriously, do NOT look at her body (but don't be obvious in avoiding it - just glance naturally and be done with it) - and don't go crazy on the physical compliments. Just engage their minds - and if they actually like you, the rest will take care of itself.

Don't ask me why, it's not my kind of logic - but there it is.

Last edited:
Gosh. I guess this a sensitive subject, it is as if it is being felt by some as the right to have the freedom to look at whatever one feels like irrespective of the opinion of the subject.
Okay, fine, we can discussion that but hey, it is not the discussion I started.

For those who missed certain postings or lines of mine:
I did not criticize the guy in the gifv looking at the cleavage in the posting of lost - my eyes were on her breasts too.

I criticized this line:

If you're in doubt whether a woman or a girl likes you or not: just look at her breasts, mind you with her noticing it for her reaction will reveal where you stand.

Now, this reminded me of: 'grab 'm by the pussy' - if she objects, well, then you know and you'll stop, if not: great, she likes you and wants you to go on!
I don't think that is respectable behaviour nor a respectable advise.

I may be wrong here but I didn't think that what Dart was saying. I sort of read his line as follows given the context of this thread.

"If a nice cleavage is on display, you can look at them if the girl likes you or not. But, if you're in doubt - you can just look at them. Her reaction will reveal all!"

He wasn't saying randomly look at a women breast to see if she likes it or or not :) The prerequisite condition here is that the women chose to display her nice cleavage!

If a woman is going to put it out on display then yes I am going to take a peek at it.

That said, if someone wants a "real" tip about appealing to women, I can say with experience that NOT pursuing a sexual encounter - and letting THEM take the initiative is often very, very attractive to them. So, seriously, do NOT look at her body (but don't be obvious in avoiding it - just glance naturally and be done with it) - and don't go crazy on the physical compliments. Just engage their minds - and if they actually like you, the rest will take care of itself.

Isn't that dependent on the woman? Some women like aggressive men don't they?

What on earth is there to like about an aggressive person.

Well, this isn't anything like the Codex's breast thread....

Isn't that dependent on the woman? Some women like aggressive men don't they?

I think a lot of women prefer men to take the initiative, but I don't think that's based on biological factors or the gender itself.

It's just a lot more convenient - and it's been the cultural norm for ages.

If it's gender based, then I must be a bit girly - because I almost REQUIRE women to take the initiative.

Thankfully, some of them don't mind doing that.

But, sure, there are women who're attracted to action-oriented males. I'd say that's a universally attractive trait in men - but actual aggression is a turn-off for the majority.

I don't think men and women are all that different. Taking action is good, but taking action without using your brain is not good. I think males enjoy action-oriented women who use their brains too - at least as long as the outcome isn't working against their interests :)

So, many of these differences are, in my opinion, culturally conditioned. I think any one woman is as different from the others as any one man is different from other men.

Unfortunately, from my point of view, the norm is for people (men and women) to "fit in" and follow the accepted or desirable patterns of behavior. Behavior which may - or may not - be desirable in reality. It's just roleplaying, really.

Meaning, most people don't actually behave as they would if they felt comfortable being themselves - but more along the lines of how they think other people would want them to. Specifically, the other people they're looking to gain from.

It's from that perspective I think a lot of women are conditioned to respond negatively to the reality of men wanting to have sex with them. Not because they don't want to have sex themselves, because it's my experience that they very much do - but because it's not the socially accepted way to approach the initial forming of a connection between two people who're attracted to each other.

In short, if a woman is upset that an attractive man is enjoying "the view" - it's not because she's actually upset. It's because that's the role she's been taught to play.

Much like males have been taught the role of the "aggressor" or action taker.

Since both conflict rather heavily with the true nature of many human beings, we have a metric ton of confusion and conflict between genders - which is completely unnecessary and counterproductive to us all.

Oh well.

Dart! You menace! That just doesn't sound right…
It must be the power of (the thought of) my breasts (see #50). He is a softy when it comes to me. He's got me on ignore because "I don't care about what he thinks". :lol:

Oh, ok - if you don't care about what I think - then there's even less reason to go on about this based on your delusional interpretations and imaginary disrespect.

I'll just save us time and effort and put you on ignore.

What on earth is there to like about an aggressive person.

I meant to use the word "assertive" but i am sure there are women who like the "aggressive" men too. My point is that there is no real "code" that works on everybody. Everybody is different. Hence why for first some it is the societal norm to get both the male and female fairly drunk, both the initiator and the one receiving the attention before initiating anything sexual.

DArt:
I am glad you understood what i was getting at except that it isn't biological. I think somewhere in biology whether women like assertive men or not, it makes them feel beautiful/hot because a man takes a chance on them, i would dare say it is the same for men too even though men generally dont actively look for affirmation of that.

Which leads us back to the cleavage. Do women buy clothes with revealing cleavages because it makes them feel beautiful? Doubtful, because there is lots of clothing out there that is both beautiful and not revealing, go to any church today and you'll see it. It is my assumption that the quick glance is what women want when wearing those clothes because it affirms that they are beautiful/hot and gives them a nice little high.

Back
Top Bottom