The Video Game Trivia Thread

Ok then, what was the first (and I think only) game that allowed you to send a photograph of yourself to the company that made it and they would send you a disk back allowing that photo to be used as your ingame Character photo?
(Hint - This was before digital cameras)

Okay... I don't know if this is the game you're thinking of, but Legends of Valour allowed you to do that. I remember because I was really excited about that game when it came out. I actually got it for my brand new Amiga 4000 (yep... I was one of those). I wasn't really excited about the ability to add my picture into the game. I was excited because the game seemed so cool. And, even though it got pretty bad reviews at the time, I really enjoyed it.

Narpet, sorry not the game I was looking for - my game was released before Legends of Valour (although I have now been corrected that it was not the only game with this facility). Nice try though (and you did have the right computer system if that helps).:nod:

Customized Games were a big trend for a while with children's titles. I remember Eek! the Cat playing one and the voiceover would change to something Monotone whenever his name was mentioned in the game. I think Lisa Simpson got one for her birthday too.

I will guess..the Journey game :D

No not The Journey (what could you customise in that - wasn't it a text based adventure with still images). Anywho - I've leave this one up until later today then I do a different one if nobody gets it.

No not The Journey (what could you customise in that - wasn't it a text based adventure with still images). Anywho - I've leave this one up until later today then I do a different one if nobody gets it.

I gave up and googled it ... I have no clue about gaming on that system, but it was interesting to read. In general it is cool reading stuff that was done when gaming was *really* young ;)

I vaguely remember some "detective" type game that did this I think. But I for the life of me can't remember the name.

Bah OK then the name of the game was Corporation (have a look on Underdogs for info about the game - it was one of Core Designs first games). It was one of the original first person shooter type games and I think looked better then Doom as it was vector based as oppose to sprite based (although some of the baddies were sprites) a forgotten classic that could really scare you). It was released on the Amiga,ST and Megadrive.

OK then second question (I'll try to make it easier this time). What was the first game released on Laserdisc?

I've asked a lot of questions already. I will give someone else a turn. OK, narpet, you're up!

Okay... thanks Icefire.

In what sci-fi CRPG were you a member of the United Nations First Approach team, and your mission was to unravel the bizarre disapperance of the planet Earth?

Bonus points - what company made this game, and what is their big CRPG franchise?

I *know* that I know the name of the company and what other franchise they made, but I can't for the life of me remember the title of this game (isn't it ironic?), so - technically speaking - I can't reply.

For those who don't want to take part in the trivia game, here's the bonus point solution, anyway:
New World Computing, and Might&Magic. The game in question was about building a gadget that made Earth reappear. I remember playing it back at U, on one of the few PCs we had back then.

The only space game I can remember from way back then, was Planet's Edge!!

The only space game I can remember from way back then, was Planet's Edge!!

We have a winner! Planet's Edge it was... and Jaz gets the extra credit for knowing it was developed by New World Computing... the makers of Might and Magic.

You're up Corwin...

Skara Brae was a setting in at least three different games ( and numbers after the title don't count!! :) ) Name those 3!!

Skara Brae was a setting in at least three different games ( and numbers after the title don't count!! :) ) Name those 3!!

3?!?! I could only come up with two! (discounting numbers and extra words after the main title ... )

Yeah, the 3rd one is tough!! :)

Back
Top Bottom