The Video Game Trivia Thread

No, that did help you improve stats, but this is more of a cheat, refering to something that sounds delicious.

24 hour rule. Its razzle dazzle root beer. You type that in chat and get 100 in all stats and skills, effectively becoming a rogue/mage/warrior not needing to sweep any longer.

New question, I thought the last one was easy, but I guess you guys weren't cheaters back in the day, or didn't care for quest for glory.

What method of protecting young player's from adult content did Leisure Suit Larry use?

Odd angles through which the more intimate areas were hidden?

I didn't actually play it, but I read about it in a LSL: Magna Cum Laudea review, that the guy who wrote it hated the new 'censored' bar, preferring the old method.

The game asked a series of questions: some about history, some about TV, and so on. The questions weren't too difficult, and since they were multiple choice, you came a long way by just guessing, and I have no idea how they thought this would deter kids from playing.
I remember at least one of the questions: it was about a then-famous ad (but I forgot what that was for - some type of burger perhaps?). Anyway, there was this old lady who asked for the...? Right, beef.

LSL 1 was the only game we had on our computer at work back in '95 (it was an old computer with an amber monitor, and Larry was quite old by then).

Okay... this is one for the FPS crowd: in Apogee's 1993 3D shooter 'Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold', Blake Stone's antagonist is the evil Dr. Goldfire. In the BS:AoG beta, the doctor's name was slightly different.
What was his original name, and why was it changed shortly before release?

What was his original name, and why was it changed shortly before release?

OK, the final one was Goldfire, and it was changed due to concerns about the Jewish name. My memory says Goldstein, but I don't think I even have the little comic at home anymore to check ...

Sweet. That one of the first games I ever played. :)

I remember him as Goldstein as well - I only ever played the demo.

Close enough. His original name was Goldstern (not Goldstein), and they did indeed change it because somebody complained about how 'Goldstern' portrayed Jewish people as evil.

Mike's turn! :)

Hehe ... the only reason I knew that was because I was such a fan of the original Wolfenstein from my Apple ][+ and ate up stuff on the Wolf 3D engine ;)

OK, here goes, a bit convoluted:
- Name the voice actor who added talent to the movie "Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders", as well as *the* primary character in the sequel to my favorite shooter of all-time (the 'original' which shared the same engine was released 3/28/02 and I recently completed a 5th anniversary run ... and the sequel was released about 1.5 years later); also a somewhat minor role in Baldur's Gate 2 and a very major role in a somewhat more recent RPG that shares the license with the aforementioned shooter.

Cambell (From Army od Darkness, evil dead)

I have no idea who voice acted what, but I know Cambell does a lot, so maybe I'm right.

Or maybe Chuck Norris

Nope, sorry ... it is interesting that because I have young kids and was LTTP on BG2 that I heard the voice and thought "I know that voice from Scooby Doo!" (not one of the 'gang', BTW). This person voice-acted along-side Mark Hammill in that Scooby Movie.

I got it: Chuck Woolery.

I'll never get this one with out cheating, unless its Captian Picard. I know he voice acted for video games. I'll stop quessing. This is the same as my trying to answer the FPS game questions, I just have no idea.

Whats LTTP?

Whats LTTP?

Sorry - Late To The Party - I didn't play BG2 until after NWN, NWN:SoU, and KotOR.

Oops ... there is another hint ... as is Planescape: Torment. And that Minsc's grief in BG2 is *definitely* relevant (i.e. this actor also had a BG role)

Michael T. Weiss? At least he's the only voice I remember from Planescape Torment.

OK, apparently this is a toughie unless you were part of a certain group ... the other games I was alluding to were Jedi Academy and Kotor ... and it is a SHE.

Sheena Easton? I have no idea if she was in JK or KotOR, though (my KotOR at least was dubbed).

Heh ... didn't even think of the international angle ... this is all English versions.

I'd forgotten all about her!! My memory is going!! :)

Back
Top Bottom