Baldur's gate 3
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=futZ5UgvOp4
Baldur’s Gate 3 is a party-based RPG that's full of story and set in the world of Dungeons and Dragons. Take a look at the latest behind-the-scenes trailer that details the work that was put into The City since players last stepped foot in it 20 years ago. Baldur’s Gate 3 launches on August 31 for PlayStation 5, Mac, and PC.

I'm glad to hear they've put a lot of effort into the city. Baldur's Gate was one of my favorite areas in the original game. I wonder if they recreated any of the same locations. i.e. inns, shops, etc that were in the original.

I'm glad to hear they've put a lot of effort into the city. Baldur's Gate was one of my favorite areas in the original game. I wonder if they recreated any of the same locations. i.e. inns, shops, etc that were in the original.
But is BG1 BG town was faithful to IP? It wasn't official part of IP unlike BG3 is.

But is BG1 BG town was faithful to IP? It wasn't official part of IP unlike BG3 is.
Incorrect. They are canon. However, they take place in roughly 1355 DR so they are not fresh in everyones mind anymore :) Also, more importantly, the protagonist of BG actually features in the offical 5E module "Murder in Baldur's Gate".

The protagonist is attacked by two other bhaalspawn and only one person survives (you are not told who) and that person goes on to become the slayer. This then leads to the return of Bhaal into the 5E world.

Incorrect. They are canon. However, they take place in roughly 1355 DR so they are not fresh in everyones mind anymore :) Also, more importantly, the protagonist of BG actually features in the offical 5E module "Murder in Baldur's Gate".

The protagonist is attacked by two other bhaalspawn and only one person survives (you are not told who) and that person goes on to become the slayer. This then leads to the return of Bhaal into the 5E world.
I don't think so:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4v6hC_rjM&list=PLE13woN-fNgte_hokN5Wpn7YRuT6Rp-_7&index=26

Check 4:06 and question why there's no Baldur's Gate picture in WotC office. That said the answer is complex english and could half dodge to not answer.

I could have wrongly interpreted and it's just a matter of rights with WotC loosing any right to use BG1&2 on their own up to ban them from their history gallery.

Still not have BG1&2 in WotC history gallery is big.

Do you wear a tinfoil hat by chance?
Are you idiot enough to not realize it's quite insulting?

Instead or roleplaying or beiing a total idiot, explain me the point I quoted in the video.

So I didn't remind bad, I was accusing falsly dartagnan, but no you was the insulting idiot I remind always believing he is smarter than everybody.

So you can't explain why BG1&2 picts are baned from WotC studio and still pretend it means nothing? Good joke.
I have already told you it is literally referenced in one of the 5th edition offical modules that features the protagonist from BG. BG1/2 are set in a different time period so they have nothing to do with the current ERA i.e. 1489-1497 DR.

BG3 includes a large number of references to the BG1/2 story and events including featuring some of the same NPC's.

What on earth are you talking about? Provide some evidence that photos/pictures are banned! That video reference you provided showed a TINY speck of the WoTC offices and it was literally the covers of a couple of the offical modules - BG1/2 ARE NOT MODULES MADE BY WOTC!!!! They are video games!!

Oh no! You didn't see any pictures of any of the other Offical 5E games out there! Dark Alliance? Oh no! Are they also not offical?

They do not have the rights to use any of the artwork/designs from BG1/2 of course - those rights are held by Beamdog now.

Last edited:
I have already told you it is literally referenced in one of the 5th edition offical modules that features the protagonist from BG.
A protagonist is no way a full game, what protagonist? Sarevok? Perhaps. Irenicus? I have doubts but ok perhaps. Moreover I made the effort to quote my source you could do the same.

AS nobody tried explain me the hard to understand English vocals I used a speech to text conversion for:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4v6hC_rjM&list=PLE13woN-fNgte_hokN5Wpn7YRuT6Rp-_7&index=26

Larian: I have you there.
Wizard of the Coast: Nice. Yeah. See, I was testing you.
Larian: I went for the eye.
Wizard of the Coast: More of our products over here.
Larian: Something's missing here. You don't have a Baldur's Gate. Somebody should be putting a Baldur's Gate there. I can help you with this. Baldur's Gate, that's the crown jewel.
Wizard of the Coast: We don't really want to do anything with it until we know it's the exact right partner -in -place, the exact right story to tell. We'll see. We'll see.

So clearly, D&D is WotC, and at least for now, BG1&2 are banned from D&D official lore. And it's not just about "partners problems" but also about "right story to tell".

It's total lame that I had to do that when this forum is full of people very fluent in English.