Baldur's gate 3
Yeah, I think I'll pass on watching any videos like that.

On a side note, I started up BG3 last night out of curiosity since it's been about 2 years since the last time I checked out the EA. I wanted to see how it ran on my current rig before I put together my new one.

From a visual standpoint, the game is somewhat underwhelming. I've seen a few people complain about the character models, and they do look a little dated imo compared to other recent games. It's not a big deal to me, but I thought I remembered it looking slightly better. I guess that's one of the pitfalls of it having been in early access for so long.
I'm surprised, it did look advanced at the time, but time has passed. So far I've managed to resist reinstalling it (the big download size helped).

Have you decided which GPU you'll buy? 4080 or AMD (7900 XT maybe)?

Have you decided which GPU you'll buy? 4080 or AMD (7900 XT maybe)?
Funny that you ask that because I might be ordering one today. There are some sales going on, and AMD just started a promotion where you get a copy of Starfield Premium Edition if you purchase a 7000 series card.

Last edited:
What sparked the Baldur’s Gate 3 debate?

This all started with a Twitter thread by Strange Scaffold* head Xalavier Nelson Jr. (*the studio is best known for Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator and the upcoming Max Payne-like shooter El Paso, Elsewhere).

He cited several things that separate Baldur’s Gate 3 from most RPGs in the market:
  • Long development cycle that started back in 2017;
  • Two previous games, Divinity: Original Sin and Original Sin II, “worth of tech and institutional knowledge to draw from”;
  • Successful Early Access period lasting three years that provided Larian with community feedback, bug hunting, and cash flow;
  • Huge team of over 400 developers across seven offices;
  • The license for one of the largest entertainment IPs (Dungeons & Dragons).
That’s why Nelson Jr. is concerned that Baldur’s Gate 3 could be considered a “raised standard” to the entire genre and applied even to teams that didn’t have the resources, tools, and experience that Larian did.

Here is the latest community update.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSHgtd2JALk
In this Baldur's Gate 3 video, I'm going to go over things that I learned during my time playing the full version of the game in Gent with Larian Studios over the previous week and this video is going to be dedicated to character creation, character progression, class changes, race changes, multiclassing and some tadpole changes.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMB2se2XpJ0
Today, I will be talking about the Itemization in Baldur's Gate 3. I have alluded to some things in the two previous videos about itemization and today i want to share with you some of the unique items that you're going to be getting in the later stages of the game.

Ouch. I was hoping they wouldn't go overboard with the looting and items, but it sounds like we'll spend half of the time managing the inventory again. I never understood why they're doing that.

Hopefully not as bad as the latest Pathfinder RPGs. As all that loot on screen eventually caused slowdowns, and memory errors. Luckily a few modders fixed that problem.

Ouch. I was hoping they wouldn't go overboard with the looting and items, but it sounds like we'll spend half of the time managing the inventory again. I never understood why they're doing that.
I don't mind that there are a lot of items, but it's disappointing to hear that merchants apparently have tons of rare and high-powered weapons. That makes obtaining them much less fun to me.

I had a lot of money in EA and nothing to spend it on....but I don't like easy access to magic. And 5e is designed so that 'powerful magic' (e.g. +2 sword ;) is rare. That combined with lack of attunement means we are moving back towards your equipment being a major part of your character's power (all slots + wapons + armor can be magic, with no limits). I was actually happy to move away from that (in earlier D&D and PF), as in Solasta. So whatever Larian are doing, it's not really 5e - which is still something that bothers me (although I seem to be in a minority on this).

I had a lot of money in EA and nothing to spend it on....but I don't like easy access to magic. And 5e is designed so that 'powerful magic' (e.g. +2 sword ;) is rare. That combined with lack of attunement means we are moving back towards your equipment being a major part of your character's power (all slots + wapons + armor can be magic, with no limits). I was actually happy to move away from that (in earlier D&D and PF), as in Solasta. So whatever Larian are doing, it's not really 5e - which is still something that bothers me (although I seem to be in a minority on this).
I agree. In addition to that, they're still letting any character use spell scrolls which I think is lame. I had thought they changed that, but I tested it yesterday, and I was casting Fire Bolt with a Ranger.

That's always been their purpose to add skills to weapons and armour to make them more unique and to complement a simpler D&D.

I'm not against the idea, even though I'd rather have a 'pure' D&D. It adds a strategic element, but having tons of different gear - likely through different merchants to discover - isn't comparable to the evolution of a character, which is known and that you can plan. Here, perhaps you get an idea of what you want to achieve based on your gear, but if there's a lot of items, it probably means you have to upgrade more often, and the evolution becomes very random since it depends on what you find.

And part of the inventory is already used by the food that you have to carry, normally. I'm not sure how they handle that in BG3 since they seem to have their own camp logic; I think it wasn't really implemented in the EA.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO04ujpz-AU
In this Baldur's Gate 3 video, I'm going to talk a bit about the Dark Urge and why I think it's a compelling character to play, and I'm also taking a look at the new Monk Class. Not all these updates are known because I think some of them take place at later levels. But I will tell you what I know so far.

Did Fextralife get an early copy of the game? Anyway, both the monk and the Dark Urge in one video is perfect. :) PS: that's a LOT of blood for a few strikes.