Original Sin - Enhanced Edition at E3

I'm very excited. I stopped playing DOS halfway through and wanted to start it fresh.

Now I have a very good reason to do it !

The little I know of this enhanced edition sounds very promising. It looks like it could be an interesting E3 this year.

I'm very excited. I stopped playing DOS halfway through and wanted to start it fresh.

Now I have a very good reason to do it !

I did the same.

The little I know of this enhanced edition sounds very promising. It looks like it could be an interesting E3 this year.

Yeah this is shaping up to be one of the few E3s of the last couple years that I'm actually looking forward to.

I did the same.

Me too actually. Same as with Beyond Divinity (almost happened with the first Divine Divinity too), interest just fizzled out a bit over the middle/close to the end due to lack of meaningful content for me.

It's a great game tho', so the Enhanced Edition sounds perfect.

So...remind me what is in the enhanced edition?

So…remind me what is in the enhanced edition?

Moar awesome everything!!! :biggrin:

OK.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/1229909

and

http://divinityoriginalsin-enhanced.com/

As well as local co-op, split screen and controller support, the Enhanced Edition also features:

• All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
  • New quests, new characters, and new content
  • Entirely new gameplay modes and character builds
  • A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
  • Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
  • And much more to be announced in the coming months!

Is this going to be a free upgrade or a small charge to upgrade????

I am glad I saw this as I was going to do a replay starting this week for a change of pace after 100 plus hours of TW3.

As much as I like D:OS, I was hoping to get some more info about the new projects. The Enhanced Edition is cool and all, but I played the game to death.

From the Kickstarter link I posted above...

A Gift For Our Fans
In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin. This is a reflection of our immense gratitude to all of you. We deeply appreciate your support, and the feedback we received from you helped us create and polish this game into something that we're extremely proud of.

I am glad I saw this as I was going to do a replay starting this week for a change of pace after 100 plus hours of TW3.

Never mind I read the kickstarter page.

"A Gift For Our Fans

In appreciation of all the fans who helped make Divinity: Original Sin the success that it was, the Enhanced Edition will be completely free to everyone who owns Original Sin. This is a reflection of our immense gratitude to all of you. We deeply appreciate your support, and the feedback we received from you helped us create and polish this game into something that we're extremely proud of."

Though it is great news, it is also bad news. I wanted to start a complete replay of it this week. Thought it would be a happy choice after TW3, with its silly humor.

Seems I will wait for the enhanced edition to finish the game. At least I finished Wasteland 2, but I'm also waiting for the enhanced edition to start a re-play.
This blows my mind. Was the original that bad?
Compared to their last release Dragon Knight I would say yes.

Edit: I'm talking about the writing & story not the game.

Last edited:
This blows my mind. Was the original that bad?

I thought it was really well done and had no bugs or problems with it. I am just hoping they haven't changed it so much as to make the puzzles easier.

One of the refreshing parts of the game as nothing was handed to you. It really made you think and look for things.

I could see myself getting this. I really liked Original Sin when it came out, and have been meaning to replay it at some point. I wonder if my mage's creeping oil fires of death will still be effective. =p

I'm really looking forward to playing this again - and the improvements sound fantastic.

Two things that would make it near-perfect would be hand-placed "significant" loot and 4-player cooperative mode.

Is there a release date?

Back
Top Bottom