Original Sin - Enhanced Edition at E3

Unique items should be a must, that is disappointing to hear. Hopefully they will place some unique items that are specifically designed into the game as treasure, and not just have random loot constantly.

That would be something you'd think they could do for the new edition. Wouldn't take much effort at all.

I enjoyed placed loots in games back in the days before the internet was around, but now random is the far better choice. If I designed games these days, I'd make sure some detailed web-written cheatsheet wouldn't permit every scrub that owns the game to acquire easy loot. I guess that's just the best way now to do it, random wins.

I have zero random loot in the witcher 3.
Well Witcher 3 does unfortunately have some random loot. I used a mod to increase inventory size, and now I have to many of the same items I don't need.

So rune is correct this time.:)

Last edited:
I usually sell it. I keep a few upgrades around but never use them instead of my witcher gear. I will look for that mod. :)

Last edited:
I have zero random loot in the witcher 3.

BS. Every creature you kill has random loot….you think it's all hand placed?

EDIT: Obviously not for main monsters(even then I think they still have some random items with set pieces.)

BS. Every creature you kill has random loot….you think it's all hand placed?

EDIT: Obviously not for main monsters(even then I think they still have some random items with set pieces.)

LOL, are you sure about that? if by random you mean you could get a drowner brain or and tongue. When you kill a bandit you could get a sword or a few coins? That isn't loot really to nor zero reason to be hand placed, also far from random. If you are talking what you find in a cave, house, treasures quest etc it isn't random it is the same every time for everyone.

If you are in a cave and find an witcher hunters sword in a create with 15 coins and a loaf of bread. Then die in a fight before saving, come back to that create that is what you are going to get again.

There are some very good armor and swords that are not treasure quest that are hidden away they are placed there. That is loot and placed loot, with D:OS and you found a hidden rock and searched it one time it could be a sword next time if you died and came back or replayed the game it could be coins. That is random.

I'd say some component of the loot is random from killed enemies, depending on the situation. Not sure every enemy has randomness to it.

Well Witcher 3 does unfortunately have some have random loot. I used a mod to increase inventory size, and now I have to many of the same items I don't need.

So rune is correct this time.:)

I 100% disagree, just because you need to increase the size and have many items that are the same doesn't mean loot is random if we are talking vs hand placed.

BTW sell some stuff no need to have 5 swords and 6 pieces of armor with you. Saddles equip the best you have at that time and sell the others ...

I 100% disagree, just because you need to increase the size and have many items that are the same doesn't mean loot is random if we are talking vs hand placed.

BTW sell some stuff no need to have 5 swords and 6 pieces of armor with you. Saddles equip the best you have at that time and sell the others …

I'm not sure you understand what random means in regards to loot...when you kill a creature, the loot on them isn't set and changes with the kill....they are using random loot tables, like most rpg's do....it has nothing to do with inventory size or what not....

I'm not sure you understand what random means in regards to loot…when you kill a creature, the loot on them isn't set and changes with the kill….they are using random loot tables, like most rpg's do….it has nothing to do with inventory size or what not….

I understand it fine, I just don't find it random in TW3 I know what I am going to get every time I kill a person or monster I know basically what I am going to get with. Unlike in a lot of games you never know at all.

I understand it fine, I just don't find it random in TW3 I know what I am going to get every time I kill a person or monster I know basically what I am going to get with. Unlike in a lot of games you never know at all.

really? You see a knight in plate and you know you will get that armor? Nope.

really? You see a knight in plate and you know you will get that armor? Nope.

What are you talking about? It isn't that hard to figure out there is nothing really random in TW3 loot. Every thing you kill in the game you know basically what you are going to get. It comes down to if you are going to get one of 1 or 3 things 2 of the 3 or 3 of 3 in most case.

Every other item is that people find is the exact same for everyone that is playing the game. If I go into house X and find in chest Y a loaf of bread, 4 coins and a witch hunters sword so are you.

I am not sure if you are trolling me as none of that is random. It isn't like you kill a bandit in X location and you get level 24 witcher silver sword and I kill the same bandit and get a bottle of water.

So if you want to me to say you are right not everything is hand placed and there is a slight degree of randomness, sure why not. But I am only saying it because I don't want to try and explain how none of that is random in any way.

What are you talking about? It isn't that hard to figure out there is nothing really random in TW3 loot. Every thing you kill in the game you know basically what you are going to get. It comes down to if you are going to get one of 1 or 3 things 2 of the 3 or 3 of 3 in most case.

Every other item is that people find is the exact same for everyone that is playing the game. If I go into house X and find in chest Y a loaf of bread, 4 coins and a witch hunters sword so are you.

I am not sure if you are trolling me as none of that is random. It isn't like you kill a bandit in X location and you get level 24 witcher silver sword and I kill the same bandit and get a bottle of water.

So if you want to me to say you are right not everything is hand placed and there is a slight degree of randomness, sure why not. But I am only saying it because I don't want to try and explain how none of that is random in any way.

So….a table that is polled to create the loot of the creature you killed(which it does btw) So that it is not the same…everytime is random. That's how almost every rpg works, they make loot tables, which the witcher uses, never winter nights, skyrim etc…they all use loot tables. I'm not 100% sure that every chest etc has the exact same thing for everyone, I never checked to that level…but I'm pretty sure they have a loot table for say "crate" that has certain items that can be in there with a weighted chance for things.

I'm not sure how you can perceive that as trolling or whatnot, this site is getting pretty bad for labeling anyone saying something different then they believe as trolling.

Major treasures are hand placed, but I'm willing to bet a small bag in the in some village is not. If it comes down to what your going to get in 1, 2 or 3 things…that's pretty much the definition of a random system.

It's pretty different then skyrim, where you can see what a person is wearing and that will be on them when they die.

It started off as hand placed VS random root.

This to me is loot in the world that is in chest, caves, under rocks, behind hidden walls, in houses etc. Which in a lot of just random and lazy by the developers.

Worst is if you are if kill a low level monster in some games you could get a high level weapon or even worst kill a high level monster and get nothing.

This is not the case in the TW3 ever place so far has the same thing in it for everyone. So hand placed. If you kill a low level monster or person you get not only a low level item. You also know when whatever you kill what you are going to get. So like I said before if you want to say if you kill a Drowner you don't know if you will get a tongue or brain of both. But you know you that is what you will get or nothing.

There's completely random and there's table driven random and there's hand-placed.

Witcher 3 has both of the last 2, but none of the first, as far as I can see.

There's completely random and there's table driven random and there's hand-placed.

Witcher 3 has both of the last 2, but none of the first, as far as I can see.

I don't remember any RPG that didn't have a degree of that with things you kill. So if back on the topic of Random vs Hand places TW3 doesn't.

If someone can give an example of one never mind three games in the past 30 years I will drop the subject and admit I am in the wrong and say the TW3 is random root.

I use to stick a butter knife in the keyboard of my C-64 to keep the space back on pause to get sandtraps to come in Ultima 4.

I don't remember any RPG that didn't have a degree of that with things you kill. So if back on the topic of Random vs Hand places TW3 doesn't.

If someone can give an example of one never mind three games in the past 30 years I will drop the subject and admit I am in the wrong and say the TW3 is random root.

I use to stick a butter knife in the keyboard of my C-64 to keep the space back on pause to get sandtraps to come in Ultima 4.

Kind of what I said at the beginning....can't think of any rpg that doesn't use random loot tables for creatures/chest/etc....

Diablo might be a bit more random but at the same time I think it uses level lists...

Thanks for agreeing.

Back
Top Bottom