BG3 Baldur's Gate 3 News Thread

Baldur's gate 3
I’m not sure if I want to give CDPR kudos or damn them. On one hand it’s great that they stuck it out for 3 years and fixed the game ,but on the other hand the fact it needed 3 years of fixing to get it to a state that seems to still be a notch below what was advertised at release is not a great look.

Yes, I know @Couchpotato you played it to completion 875,000 times at release. :p

Anyway I hope they both do well.
It certainly is not bug free, I average a crash a session. The phantom liberty looks like it has memory leak, rendering slows down and eventually stops.
Australia also has very good beer and cockroaches, plus we have some snakes, spiders and sharks as well to add to the fun!! :)
And great red wine!!!

Definitely, I have several cartons of assorted red wines. In fact I plan to open a bottle shortly!! :)

Developer says it's understandable if you don't like Act 3 - Gamereactor

Larian certainly feels like the studio to watch right now, and following the success Baldur's Gate III saw at The Game Awards we caught up with senior RPG designer Anna Guxens to talk a little bit about the game and the reception it has got.

As well as being very humble about the success of Baldur's Gate III, telling us she didn't even expect Larian to win anything, Guxens also spoke about where the game could've perhaps been improved. A lot of criticism has pointed towards Act 3, which she understands:

"Each act has its own flavour," Guxens begins. "Especially Act 2 specifically has a very strong closing moment that just shuts down a whole era of it and then starting off in Act 3 especially if you have so many hours running in the rest of the game can feel like a much different tone and very drastically changing, right?"

"I think it's valid because some people enjoy the tone of Act 3 the most some people enjoy the tone of Act 2 the most I understand how this shift is something that's challenging to overcome especially, but give it a chance and it's something that we'd be mindful of moving forward as well of just seeing how we handle this tone shift so that things are less drastic."

I think the lack of news means that they are hard at work on either a full expansion or a sequel on not a small DLC otherwise we would already be hearing out it. This is in addition to D:OS3 which is already being worked on. The bad news would be that if it is a big game/expansion we might not be hearing about it for another 2-3 years... :(

"Play what you want, be who you want" was one of the slogans of DnD that carried into BG3. But what if you want to be a cat?

That's fine too.

Has that been confirmed, or is it just a rumor right now?
I don't know how much work is being done/has already been done but I do know someone who has done some work on it. This is from a reasonably well known member of the RPGWatch who I am friends with on Facebook.

That well known RPGWatch member is probably screeg.🫢

As he has worked and is working on many of the games we cover.

Also Swen did mention OS:3 would be released in the future.

That well known RPGWatch member is probably screeg.🫢
Nah not him. I think it's been a few years at least since this guy posted on the watch. He worked on both DOS:2 and BG3 at Larian. He also worked on Two Worlds 2. He didn't actually say what he shared was for DOS:3 but I am 99.99% certain it was. It was unmistakable for me.

Bullshit as I always say. Looks like I have to re-download the whole damn game again.

Very good numbers, probably what helped them rise higher was the console version.:unsure:

Only 10 million copies? (I assume that "way over 10 million" translates to "not significantly higher" in this context).
I'm not sure I would interpret it that way.
This is a game that went from ~2 mil players to way over 10 in a very short space of time
That means very little. When he says "a very short space of time" it actually might not mean "to the present". It could refer to literally any time period post launch i.e. 1 month, 2 months, 6 months etc.

Also, when you take the line into the context across the total conversation on X being purely about a bunch of negative comments that have been made about Larian employees in the context of mod support - the number could be purely illustrative to make a point. It's not a sales update. Everyone knows BG3 has sold more than 10 million. I would estimate it is actually pretty close to 20 million by now based on some of the revenue numbers thrown around (Hasbro earnings etc). Regardless, I'm sure we will get a better idea when they release their numbers - I think it was you who said that in another thread if I recall correctly. It is almost certainly not in the low 10's though - if it is then Hasbro must have a hell of a commission rate. I'd be shocked if it is under 15 but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom