Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Boss Fights Were Outsourced

@Ovenall, you were able to play Baldur's Gate 1 but Fallout 1/2 were out during a period you didn't play RPG's? That's very strange.

So Deus Ex 1 is sort of an RPG but Mass Effect 2 is full on RPG? It's a shooter with RPG elements. I'm sure you would argue that Vmpire:Bloodlines, Alpha Protocol and System Shock are all barely RPGs as well. What games (outside of Bioware games) represent RPGs to you? I'm curious.

How ?

(Spoiler tags, please !)

Run up to the downed "plane" and take cover somewhere. Take out the guys with automatic weapons (especially the gatling gun things) first. That is crucial! I used the stun gun on real close guys, the double barrel shotgun and grenades on fairly close guys, and the assault rifle on those a bit further off. Then clean up the snipers scattered about in the buildings; having a sniper rifle yourself would help here but you can do it with the assault rifle. You might have to switch places several times to avoid grenades and to gain sight of some of the foes.

Eventually Malik will repair the plane and take off.

BTW, the stun gun is THE best weapon in the game. It is always a one shot takedown except versus bosses. It's only fault is the relative lack of ammo (though I had like 40 rounds at the end of the game) and short range.

BTW, the stun gun is THE best weapon in the game. It is always a one shot takedown except versus bosses. It's only fault is the relative lack of ammo (though I had like 40 rounds at the end of the game) and short range.

Yeah, it's one weapon I never considered giving up for the sake of inventory space. My only complaints for it are the lack of upgrades and long reload time. Even so, it helped me make short work of the first boss.

I found saving malik quite easy.

I used upgraded pistol with laser site. Better than the sniper rifle imo unless enemies are really far away. Hide behind cement block in front of helicopter. You can headshot all enemies, shooting exploding barrels can speed up taking out guys. then throw 2 emp grenades or mines at the robot. With this method I easily killed them all in well under a minute. I had to reload the first time because the key is acting quickly by the time I planned out my attack malik was dead so you have to move fast.

very true the games much harder playing non-lethal. Played first 5 hrs that way but got tired of not being able to kill people. Still plan to go that route my second time through when i'm more familiar with how the augs and game overall works.

Back
Top Bottom