Does the environment affect ones sexuality?

It's as interesting to me as whether someone likes cheese or not.

Similarly, my experience is that food can be an acquired taste. As in, you might not like certain cheeses as a child, but as you mature - you learn to develop your preferences in a variety of ways. Some never learn to like cheese - and some kids are crazy about the nastiest cheese you can imagine.

Sexually, we tend to evolve as well - and if you want to juice it up with your own sex - is it really something worth talking about?

Just go make yourself happy, but please don't hurt others in the process.

But, no, I don't believe it's all about genetics. I think environment is a factor, but that's based on my understanding of psychology and the power it holds over us, and how your psychological make-up develops in early years. If your sexuality is affected during that time, it might be possible to influence whether someone turns out with certain preferences.

But why would you want to? The world is already overpopulated - and we're in a hurry to ruin what nature has given us. Why fret about making more of us?

Its in the definition of heterosexuality:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/heterosexuality

And homosexuality:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homosexuality

I guess it just depends on how you use it?

Yeah, there is the act of homosexuality and the state of feeling homosexuality. Both are nouns. In one you have a choice (the act) and one not (the state of feeling). However, what defines one as a gay person is not one's actions, but one's feelings.

You can deny or hide your feelings, but that doesn't change who you are.

Yeah, there is the act of homosexuality and the state of feeling homosexuality. Both are nouns. In one you have a choice (the act) and one not (the state of feeling). However, what defines one as a gay person is not one's actions, but one's feelings.

You can deny or hide your feelings, but that doesn't change who you are.

I can agree with that.

That said is flamboyancy and lisping part of who they are too? It is like society dictates what being homosexual is.

Spouting sterotypes is not useful. Some people who lisp are gay, and some gay people do not lisp.

Also, behavior is solely not dictated by society. Behavior has many influences.

You miss my point. What is that behaviour? Is that natural or not?

That said is flamboyancy and lisping part of who they are too? It is like society dictates what being homosexual is.

Because 100% of gays are like that? Just like all blacks eat fried chicken and watermelon and are criminals? Sorry - that is just a horribly offensive and small-minded statement, and you should be ashamed.

You make no point, and there is nothing deserving of an answer.

Many Christians seek justification for their hate ... it is just a continuation of what has happened for millenia - from different races, religions, genders, skin colors, primary languages, and so on.

Because 100% of gays are like that? Just like all blacks eat fried chicken and watermelon and are criminals? Sorry - that is just a horribly offensive and small-minded statement, and you should be ashamed.

You make no point, and there is nothing deserving of an answer.

Many Christians seek justification for their hate … it is just a continuation of what has happened for millenia - from different races, religions, genders, skin colors, primary languages, and so on.

Never said they are ALL like that. You want me to say something i am not saying. You prejudging me has your mind in a knot.

And FYI most black people do eat watermelon and chicken, its delicious.

Actually these signs of effeminacy are due to a failure to bond with the father and identify as a male, and a disordered attachment to the mother.

For lesbians their masculine mannerisms are adopted because they come to see femininity as a liability and a weakness, so this is a mechanism of protection.

Here is a deeper explanation of this:

https://vimeo.com/95193020

Actually these signs of effeminacy are due to a failure to bond with the father and identify as a male, and a disordered attachment to the mother.

For lesbians their masculine mannerisms are adopted because they come to see femininity as a liability and a weakness, so this is a mechanism of protection.

Here is a deeper explanation of this:

https://vimeo.com/95193020

Since 'ex gay' doesn't exist... Can we assume the rest is nonsense? Or are they separate ludicrous stand alone items?

What you understand about attachment disorders and psychosexual development could be written on the back of a postage stamp, and still have room for the Lord's Prayer.

What you understand about attachment disorders and psychosexual development could be written on the back of a postage stamp, and still have room for the Lord's Prayer.

I can only imagine he has never met a homosexual in real life ... or mor accurately that he has met hundreds, but dismissed those who didn't fit his hate-fueled religious dogma.

My big issue with all of this is that he - and others like him - seek to de-existentialize others to allow for discrimination that they can justify as not being discrimination because the thing doesn't exist. It is EXACTLY the same as how racists worked to get african americans legally defined in such a way that they could be stripped of rights and property and opportunity without it being 'discrimination'.

You're right, no doubt.

It's a shame that the only reason to visit this subforum now is when one fancies a quick round of Refute-the-Fundamentalist.

Since 'ex gay' doesn't exist… Can we assume the rest is nonsense?

I dunno. I've seen trans kids videos and notice the male kids spend an awful lot of time with the mother and sister etc. Not sure if it is cause or effect.

I can only imagine he has never met a homosexual in real life … or mor accurately that he has met hundreds, but dismissed those who didn't fit his hate-fueled religious dogma.

My big issue with all of this is that he - and others like him - seek to de-existentialize others to allow for discrimination that they can justify as not being discrimination because the thing doesn't exist. It is EXACTLY the same as how racists worked to get african americans legally defined in such a way that they could be stripped of rights and property and opportunity without it being 'discrimination'.

That is really a stretch, just because I believe the evidence doesn't show that homosexuals are born this way and that the Bible disapproves of homosexuality, you try to make it look like I would like to make it difficult for them to own property or to have them fired at will just because of something they did not choose. This is totally out of whack.

You also make unfounded speculations about my life, when I have met many homosexuals and have always treated them with respect and dignity every single time, without preaching anything to any of them.

Some people indeed find that their faith conflicts with their sexuality and choose to live through the filter of their faith. It seems that it is you who wants to make it look like they don't exist and that it's 100% impossible to experience any change, because they don't believe in the same things you do.

you try to make it look like I would like to make it difficult for them to own property or to have them fired at will just because of something they did not choose.

Well, you have plainly stated that gays are "not wholesome people just like us", and that you would criminalise gay sex. Criminal records for sexual offences tend to make it quite hard to own property or get a job, no?

No, I see your point. Ugly stereotypes help to perpetuate your hate.

You are probably right in this regard. I hate that sort of behaviour. It makes no sense to me that a person would deliberately talk and act that that. Same goes for women too.

Well, you have plainly stated that gays are "not wholesome people just like us", and that you would criminalise gay sex. Criminal records for sexual offences tend to make it quite hard to own property or get a job, no?

I am not interested in what people do in their private residences, but I believe anti-sodomy laws have a purpose not to hasten the fall of nations into moral decay. This is not exclusively for homosexuals only, it is true for heterosexuals as well. Unless they would do crazy acts in public I fail to see how it would lead to this.

I would however want to see them used to get all gay saunas closed and the people patronizing them prosecuted if they persist in frequenting them, since they are hotbeds for STDs and reckless sexual behavior.

Unless they would do crazy acts in public I fail to see how it would lead to this.

You seem to have a rather confused concept of justice. If you say that this sexual behaviour should be criminalised, then you are stating that it is wrong, and that, in the ideal, perpetrators would be punished. That's what justice means.

You're now fudging it by saying that if they keep it secret, they probably wouldn't get caught and get criminal records. Do I really need to spell out all that's wrong with that argument?

Back
Top Bottom