Does the environment affect ones sexuality?

Absolutely - we can have discussions in the abstract about the benefit or detriment of anything: sexuality, skin color, gender, RPG preference ;)

My problem is when it stops being a discussion and starts being a concerted effort to marginalize people, exclude them from having certain rights and benefits and otherwise actively discriminating against them.

I mean, people who play phonegames deserve equal treatment, too! ;)

Well I do think marriage should be reserved solely for traditional nuclear families, since these are the ones who have biological children and marriage is both a protection and an incentive for such procreation.

And no, you are slandering me, my goal is not to prevent someone who truly wants to live as a homosexual to live this way.

However what I object to is people who say it is possible to be both gay and Christian, and people who shame Christians who struggle with same sex attractions and want to live through the filter of their faith.

I also think people are not being very honest about what life is like as a homosexual, it is not always "gay".

Well I do think marriage should be reserved solely for traditional nuclear families, since these are the ones who have biological children and marriage is both a protection and an incentive for such procreation.

And no, you are slandering me, my goal is not to prevent someone who truly wants to live as a homosexual to live this way.

However what I object to is people who say it is possible to be both gay and Christian, and people who shame Christians who struggle with same sex attractions and want to live through the filter of their faith.

I also think people are not being very honest about what life is like as a homosexual, it is not always "gay".

Life for anyone isn't always gay.

And can you not be a sinner and a Christian ?

Are you not a sinner and a Christian ?

It's only a hypocrite or an ignorant person who would look at the twig in another man's eye and not see the log in his own!

Well, what I am more referring to are the risky practices and behavior that often come with homosexuality. Homosexuals have dramatically higher rates of depression, suicide, drug use, reckless sexual intercourse, STDs. I worked in an office in the gay village in Montreal for a year, I saw a lot of that.

If anyone is curious here is a short documentary (starting at 27:00 or so) that shows the "behind the scenes" or so to speak.

For instance, in the newspaper yesterday it was revealed that a very popular comedian here who is also homosexual has been arrested for indecent behavior in the woods last fall, in a wood known for anonymous and risky homosexual encounters in Longueuil. You see a whole lot of that in the gay community, that you simply do not see among heterosexuals.

For instance, in the newspaper yesterday it was revealed that a very popular comedian here who is also homosexual has been arrested for indecent behavior in the woods last fall, in a wood known for anonymous and risky homosexual encounters in Longueuil. You see a whole lot of that in the gay community, that you simply do not see among heterosexuals.

Jezzzz man it just beggars belief! For every one of such examples I can give you dozens of examples of similar behaviour by heterosexual Are you really that blind?

Jezzzz man it just beggars belief! For every one of such examples I can give you dozens of examples of similar behaviour by heterosexual Are you really that blind?

Again, it is a simple case of justification of hate and discrimination.

Well, what I am more referring to are the risky practices and behavior that often come with homosexuality. Homosexuals have dramatically higher rates of depression, suicide, drug use, reckless sexual intercourse, STDs. I worked in an office in the gay village in Montreal for a year, I saw a lot of that.

If anyone is curious here is a short documentary (starting at 27:00 or so) that shows the "behind the scenes" or so to speak.

Well, maybe because homosexuals are shunned by their families, because they think it's abominable. So homosexuals need to hide their true feelings, resulting in no one to talk to, resulting in depression etc.

I don't think so at all. You have dating app like Grindr, that men use for repeated and anonymous sex encounters with multiple partners, in which they frequently engage in dangerous practices.

You have websites like Cruising gays.com, where "gay cruising spots" from all around the world are classified, and where men go whenever they want to have unlimited sex with other men. You don't see anything remotely like that in the straight world. The park in which the comedian was caught doing these indecent acts is even mentioned on cruising gays, with tips given to avoid being spotted by the police.

The norm for heterosexual couples is fidelity, while the norm for homosexual couples is infidelity. They have something like a 80%+ infidelity rate in supposedly monogamous relationships.

All of this heavily suggests that there is something seriously wrong going on.

Well, maybe because homosexuals are shunned by their families, because they think it's abominable. So homosexuals need to hide their true feelings, resulting in no one to talk to, resulting in depression etc.

The thing is that even in very liberal countries where homosexuality is very accepted such as Canada or the Netherlands and where same sex marriage has long been legal, you don't see any drop in STD infection rates or gay suicides, or other such behavior. If it was truly due to "homophobia" you would see these situations improve, and yet they don't.

The thing is that even in very liberal countries where homosexuality is very accepted such as Canada or the Netherlands and where same sex marriage has long been legal, you don't see any drop in STD infection rates or gay suicides, or other such behavior. If it was truly due to "homophobia" you would see these situations improve, and yet they don't.

Do you have anything to back anything you have said up that is not anecdotal ?

Because for now that's all you've done.

Do you have anything to back anything you have said up that is not anecdotal ?

Because for now that's all you've done.

Again, it is because he is a hateful bigot - the only things that exist are things that justify his twisted hateful world view.

Homosexuals have dramatically higher rates of depression, suicide, drug use, reckless sexual intercourse, STDs. I worked in an office in the gay village in Montreal for a year, I saw a lot of that.

Your office colleagues may indeed display high rate rates of depression and suicide, though you might be making an error in attributing this to their gayness...

Yeah having to work with HHR is bound to make you depressed and suicidal!

Anyway, it is very likely (IMO) that genetics is not the sole factor for homosexuality.

That doesn't change anything with regards with the case others have made that it doesn't matter. If two guys or girls are happy being together, what is your issue with it ?

Does it stop you from living your life ?

I believe this is correct. I also believe that sexuality at the end of the day is a choice whether being gay or straight. 99% of the time no one forces your penis into anything same as no one forces you to put something into your vagina. Its all choice at the end of the day.

How you feel is not a choice.

For example, do you choose to feel sick when someone barfs on you? No. It's how you feel. Instinctively. Sexuality is the same thing.

It's a very simple concept that religious zealots can't comprehend for some reason, because they believe everything their told.

I agree with that too. However i make a distinction between between having thoughts ie a homosexual and actually acting it out ie homosexuality.

For example a person who gets angry is an angry person, a person who acts out on his anger is a violent person.

You can act however you want, but that doesn't change who you feel you are attracted to. Sexuality is determined by who you are attracted to, not by what you do.

If one is a repressed gay man that never has sex, one is still a homosexual. Just not a "practicing" homosexual.

What if a repressed gay man has sex with the opposite sex. He is still a homosexual is he not? Just not practicing homosexuality.

I guess because there are 2 definitions for the word sexuality i guess that can get confusing.

sexuality
sekʃuˈaləti,ˌsɛksjʊ-/Submit
noun
capacity for sexual feelings.
"she began to understand the power of her sexuality"
synonyms: sensuality, sexiness, seductiveness, desirability; More
a person's sexual orientation or preference.
plural noun: sexualities
"people with proscribed sexualities"
synonyms: sexual orientation, orientation, sexual preference, leaning, persuasion; More
sexual activity.
"sexuality within holy matrimony was only justified as a necessary part of reproduction"
synonyms: sexual activity, reproductive activity, procreation, sexual intercourse, sex, intercourse, sexual relations
"sexuality within holy matrimony was only justified as a necessary part of reproduction"

That's the definition of sexuality, not homo- nor heterosexuality.

When I referred to sexuality I really should have said sexual preference, instead. That's the context for homo- or heterosexuality.

How you feel is not a choice.

For example, do you choose to feel sick when someone barfs on you? No. It's how you feel. Instinctively. Sexuality is the same thing.

It's a very simple concept that religious zealots can't comprehend for some reason, because they believe everything their told.

Except it's probabably not as clear cut as that. It's likely that many people are on a spectrum of pure homoesexuality to pure heterosexuality. While the majority of people tend to pure heterosexuality, and the way the world is currently structured (marriage and civil partnerships) you can really only tend to be one of these on a day-to-day basis.
It is also likely that most people tend to heterosexuality on a biological basis, but it does not mean it would be impossible for many heterosexuals to get aroused by the same sex in some situations (threesomes is a big example of this)

In the same way you have people who are asexual.

These things tend to change in some ways depending on genetics, but also on the environment (I don't mean on how sunny it is today).

People who see this in black/white are likely wrong, on both sides of the equation.
X is probably wrong when he says it's all choice, while Y is probably wrong when he says it's all how you were born.

Your genetics change how prone you are to develop in a certain way, but it does not mean it's 100% going to be like that unless you're talking about dominant genes (and even then, mutations could override this).

This is likely the case for almost every type of feeling you have.

But again, who cares ? Only people who have been taught one way is the right way and all other can fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom