Dragon Age: Inquisition - PC Gameplay

…am I the only one that doesn't mind the flashy visuals? o_O
No I don't mind them myself, and have no problem with them. My previous post was just an attempt to explain why the game has them.
didnt they said pc has bar down instead of that dumb circle?
If you followed the DA:I news on our site and watched the last twitch stream Bioware created two different GUI's for the game. It's up to the player to chose.

So in short use a controller or Mouse & Keyboard the GUI will change.:)

I'm fine with flashy visuals - but these seem off, somehow. It's like the same colors everywhere (that silvery grey stuff) and they take up too much of the screen, so you can't get a good look at what's happening.

The heavy-set dwarf making top athlete jumps every two seconds doesn't help my immersion, either.

It's like they didn't know whether they wanted to make an action game or an RPG with tactical combat.

Still going to get it, though.

A shame that such a lovely graphics engine, in terms of scenery, has such pinball-style visuals and a hyper combat system. Ugh.

"How can we also attract 12 year old gamers, along with the Bioware old schoolers/fans?"

"Pretty colors, lots of pretty colors going off every second in combat, and hyper-fast battles!"

"Great answer!"

All those attacks/battles look too spammy and not tactical at all. Hell there were more spammed attacks per encounter than in Diablo 3. I hope that can be remedied.

Wasn't there an option to play like that or more tactical?

It looks very nice in the graphics department...regardless I will get some good play time out of it.

I think it's pretty well established that most people prefer using a controller when playing a specific kind of game, including driving games and fighting games.

There will always be exceptions, though. Especially if you're hell-bent on seeing things from one point of view only.
Driving games and fighting games are both superior when played on a keyboard. I can do combos with a keyboard that I can only dream of with a controller. And fight sticks are basically keyboards with stick instead of 4 directional buttons and without extra keys.

If that is combat speed, then I'll have to miss this. I hate running around like a madman. However, if I can slow the combat down to a nice sensible speed, then I like the video well enough to buy the game on sale.

Well looks like this is remaining a bargain bin pick up for me. I hate how Bioware's RPGs have been melded into Action/Shooters these days. If I didn't like the story so much I'd skip it altogether.

I don't have a problem with the speed of combat. You can pause to slow down the action. The effects could be a problem if they get to the point where you can't see what's going on. I'm sure some nice modder will take care of that though.

I haven't seen anything to deter me from a day one purchase. I guess I will finish DA2 then.

I did like that they showed some stealth and it looks like you can scout ahead which is the way I like to play this type of game.

I'd like to point out the YouTube user was playing the game as an ARPG. Bioware has stressed multiple times they will give you the choice of how you want to play.

I even posted videos a few months back with that information.;)

If you can play it slower, this is a quick buy for me too. I still may wait for a sale because I have Xulima, Wasteland 2, and Divinity to finish first.

I'd like to point out the YouTube user was playing the game as an ARPG. Bioware has stressed multiple times they will give you the choice of how you want to play.

I even posted videos a few months back with that information.;)

Not a fan of that approach, too much wasted time/resources imo. Probably makes sense from a business view, but I hate it. ME 3 is a good example of a potential problem, I wouldn't be surprised if the HP increases on mobs was a Shooter related change that infested the other modes. They made combat into an annoying drag (not hard, just boring busy work)and other areas probably suffered for it.

Not a huge deal, they killed off any interest/investment I had in the ME series and I'm sure eventually my tastes will move me away from the way they make games all together.

ME 3 is a good example of a potential problem, I wouldn't be surprised if the HP increases on mobs was a Shooter related change that infested the other modes. They made combat into an annoying drag (not hard, just boring busy work)and other areas probably suffered for it.

That started with ME2. I thought the combat in ME3 was actually an improvement.

Driving games and fighting games are both superior when played on a keyboard. I can do combos with a keyboard that I can only dream of with a controller. And fight sticks are basically keyboards with stick instead of 4 directional buttons and without extra keys.

I heard you the first time. My point was that your opinion doesn't represent the average opinion, in my opinion.

I heard you the first time. My point was that your opinion doesn't represent the average opinion, in my opinion.

I agree. Some games simply feels more right with a controller. Fighting, Driving and Sports games come to mind. And that's why I don't play those games on my computer. Ever. My computer is for RPG's and Strategy games, which I wouldn't dream of playing with a controller (well, maybe ARPG's, but I tend to avoid those...).

That started with ME2. I thought the combat in ME3 was actually an improvement.

Yeah, the mechanics and combat in ME3 definately seemed to produce less slog-like combat. So hey, they got that right-ish at least I guess? I think it was because they made the abilities with enhanced effectiveness against certain types of hit-points more dramatic so that you could more quickly bring down enemies that were way too bullet spongy and chore-like in ME2.

I played around 20 hours of ME3, and combat felt like a major grind. ME2 was bad in this way too, but I guess I found the story or the areas more interesting, because combat didn't feel quite as drawn out.

ME3 felt like the interesting exploration had taken a big hit, and most of the time was spent looking at hitpoint bars.

I did appreciate the weapon upgrade stuff, but it just didn't make enough of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom