BG3 Infos on Baldur's Gate 3

Baldur's gate 3
Dark Origin is the true choice my fellow watchers. As you play you'll see why as it fits with being a sequel to the original two Baldur's Gate games. Hint: Bhaalspawn

Love those stats, thanks for sharing!

I was heavily considering having Lae'zel as my main character for the next playthrough, try a more generally evil path this time (or let's say.. less altruistic at least). Seeing she's the least popular origin character makes it even more inviting.

She is one my favs. My friends hater her lol. I like that she is bliunt and direct. Also, I confess, I like annoying her with my Drow which I think is fitting as Drow are also conceited :p My Ranger, who is wise in common sense but low in wit, and a big folk hero teddy bear to the common folk, also likes to see her annoyed.

I won't play any of the origins myself, however, as I like these games because I can make my own character. I a little tempted to try the Dark Urge but I highly doubt I could do a full play through with that.

First I need to get through Act 1, which I am only 30% through based on EA memory, as I restarted my Drow 9 times (they need to add a barber to the game! I keep checking mods for one daily). I am still undecided between my rogue and ranger so I am playing both, alternating them depending on mood, until I settle on one of them.

I will have to play Starfield and BG3 at the same time, which I wanted to avoid, but no hope for it as I am not about to sit on Starfield when it comes out either. But it is all good. Its a great time to be a gamer!

EDIT: A bug shows too many prepared spells in the Spellbook right after levelling up. It disappears after a long rest. You can ignore the rest below.

Just a little heads-up, even if you must all have realized this by now.

When levelling up, there's a bug on the Wizard 'Prepare Spells' page: it doesn't show the new available slots when you get them. So you may be missing that if you don't check the spell book after the level-up process.

Just open your spell book after so you can prepare your spells correctly. It will work since another bug/Larianness allows you to change the spells any time and not only after a long rest.

Same with clerics.

Last edited:
Weird, haven't seen any problem like that on my cleric yet. Just leveled up to 7 to verify and all the new slots were visible in the level-up window.

I haven't had an issue with leveling up spell slots, though I noticed you can switch spells around as long as you are out of combat. I thought it was a feature just to save the tediousness of having to rest, since you don't recover spent spells anyway, wasn't aware it was a bug.

It's a "temporary" bug.

The level-up 'Prepare Spells' indicate 14 slots for Gale at level 9. Is has INT=20, so a +5 modifier, and it's indeed 9+5 = 14 prepared spells.
1692549447032.png

The Spellbook, right after levelling up, shows 16 prepared spells, which is wrong.
1692549461078.png

However, the number of prepared spells falls back to 14 after a long rest. :)

Not requiring a long rest to swap spells is probably on purpose (a 'Larianness') rather than a bug. Just another bent rule.

Don't blindly trust the 'Auto-Select' button of the camp supplies!

1692796748407.png

The algorithm Larian is using to automatically select the supplies is more than basic, since it doesn't even split the stacks. Here, I had 35 carrot items, which have a value of 3 each, yielding 105 out of a necessary 40. Quite the waste. And not only that, but it took other items on top of it.

1692797194092.png

Most of the time, a few clicks can fix it and get 40 or a close value.

I posted something similar in the programming thread with the correct algorithm, but when I saw this extravagant outcome today, I thought it was worth mentioning here. ;) At the beginning, I wasn't really paying attention, and this problem can quickly deplete your reserves.

Unrelated, but how do you get to rest for 40 supplies? Is it a mod, or some camp item I've managed to miss?

Even playing with only one character in the party I always need 80 supplies to rest.

Unrelated, but how do you get to rest for 40 supplies? Is it a mod, or some camp item I've managed to miss?

Even playing with only one character in the party I always need 80 supplies to rest.
Do you have a party of ogres? ;)

That changes with the difficulty level. I'm not pushing it, so I'm playing at the normal difficulty, not tactician.

Do you have a party of ogres? ;)

That changes with the difficulty level. I'm not pushing it, so I'm playing at the normal difficulty, not tactician.

Ah, damn, just ignore me. Yeah that makes sense.

I can see why people generally say that you can freely rest in BG3, at 40 supplies per rest, it's really not making you think twice about resting too often. I finished the game with over 2000 supplies left while spending 80 per rest.

That's one thing they could have tweaked better, in my opinion, to make resting feel more of a careful choice but I understand they want people to rest often to trigger all kinds of events.

Ah, damn, just ignore me. Yeah that makes sense.

I can see why people generally say that you can freely rest in BG3, at 40 supplies per rest, it's really not making you think twice about resting too often. I finished the game with over 2000 supplies left while spending 80 per rest.

That's one thing they could have tweaked better, in my opinion, to make resting feel more of a careful choice but I understand they want people to rest often to trigger all kinds of events.
For once, I'm fine with a requirement that has been simplified by Larian (yes, I'm a complicated person ;)). I remember how annoying it was in Solasta, where the party had to carry enough supplies for their long rests. I know you could find food on the way, but it was somewhat unpredictable.

For me, food is in the 'unnecessary micro-management' drawer, so I'm relieved that it can be magically teleported to the camp and remain there, and that the camp conveniently follows the party around the map. I'll just pretend there's a pack of mules carrying all the stuff.

PS: At the moment, I have 2428 supplies. :oops: I could even feed the mules.

Fextralife released a good guide for early game spells, that I've added to the 1st post along with a few new class guides.

EDIT: Good news, bad news: Longstrider and Disguise Self are apparently considered as rituals (which isn't the case according to the PH). But rituals need to be prepared spells (which isn't the case according to the PH).

Last edited:
All the class guides are there now, in the first post along with some other tips & links. Hopefully it's useful to those who haven't played yet or aren't familiar with some of those classes. :)

Patch #4 is there, and the most wanted feature has been added:
  • You can now use sponges and soaps to clean up your party members, removing grime, blood, and bad odours!
I was always feeling so dirty when playing.

The whole log:

They announced the physical edition versions. And the PC version comes with a steam code, and no actual game in the box. You have to download it.
Really weird for them to do that. If they would've released the game stand-alone, with no launcher (neither gog or steam) I would've probably bought myself a copy.
Like this, there's no enough motivation for me to do that.

They announced the physical edition versions. And the PC version comes with a steam code, and no actual game in the box. You have to download it.
Really weird for them to do that. If they would've released the game stand-alone, with no launcher (neither gog or steam) I would've probably bought myself a copy.
Like this, there's no enough motivation for me to do that.
What a fucking joke. Why wait until next year to release this? A lot of people, including myself, wanted an affordable boxed copy to begin with. They obviously held back to make sure all their $300 collector's editions sold first and to also get some people to double-dip.

Back
Top Bottom