Max Payne 3 announced

Wrong. Payne is part of the noir since the beginning. Everyone hates R* for what they did to Payne. He used to be a badass cop that kicks and punches everyone there. Now I don't recognize him anymore. Why did they change this great saga to a shitty GTA themed? :S.

Oh come on, everybody knows that the dark levels of the first two games were dark only because of technological limitations, if the original would have been made today it would have looked just like Max Payne 3. Gotta respect rockstar for taking this old shitty series into the future yo.

The first two games were far from shitty. They were limited in scope, but good for what they were.

I don't think it's possible to judge Max Payne 3 from this trailer. I'm not a huge fan of Rockstar personally, but they have proven they can make some pretty decent titles.

Wrong. Payne is part of the noir since the beginning. Everyone hates R* for what they did to Payne. He used to be a badass cop that kicks and punches everyone there. Now I don't recognize him anymore. Why did they change this great saga to a shitty GTA themed? :S

And why did they give him such shitty face? Nobody recognizes him. He's now like a punk who got prommoted from a neonazi group.

I take offense on that last sentence I'm bald and chubby also. Doesn't make me a neonazi now does it.:p Seriously all the complaints are the usual rose tinted goggle arguments,

I take offense on that last sentence I'm bald and chubby also. Doesn't make me a neonazi now does it.:p Seriously all the complaints are the usual rose tinted goggle arguments,

LOL… i meant about his characteristics, not in general. :p it's true that there's a lot of arguement, as R* is destroying a great game series. Every Max Payne fan knows it well. They ought to keep Sam Lake's face, NOT someone else. In the trailer he was himself for a moment, but at the whole game, no. :( And that's no Max Payne with this environment in Sao Paolo. In the last games we knew that he was still in USA as a cop. Now I wonder, why is he there and why did they make it like a GTA.

I quite like the trailer. Max Payne 2 is one of my favourite games. The footage in the trailer doesn't look that far away from MP2 gameplay.

Changing the setting might actually be a good idea. Max has already killed every bad guy in New York. Twice.

LOL… i meant about his characteristics, not in general. :p it's true that there's a lot of arguement, as R* is destroying a great game series. Every Max Payne fan knows it well. They ought to keep Sam Lake's face, NOT someone else. In the trailer he was himself for a moment, but at the whole game, no. :( And that's no Max Payne with this environment in Sao Paolo. In the last games we knew that he was still in USA as a cop. Now I wonder, why is he there and why did they make it like a GTA.
He looked like a fin who suffered from constipation in the original game. It might be a good idea for them to at least partially move away from that look (that is not entirely surprising though, as the original game came from Finland)
I do think they should have kept some of his looks though, I would not identify the new Max as the same character if I just looked at a screenshot, he now looks a lot like Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell).

I also think they should have kept him within the boundaries of the US, or possibly Canada. It suited the mood of the games a lot better, and to be honest, that was one of the games strong points.

An essential element in Max Payne for me were the story told in metaphors. The story was a piece of art in itself.

i'm still waiting for true crime 3--wasn't that supposed to be out already. with all the praise for the 2nd max payne maybe i'll try it out as i bought both like 3 years ago but didn't get past the first couple of levels in the first. seeing as there a bit different maybe i'll give 2 a shot. the games styles was great but maybe its since its an older game but the gameplay and graphics made it hard to press on.

curious, I heard True Crime has been cancelled. Dunno for its cancellation's reasons.

As for gameplay, I doubt R* can manage the Bullet Mode, since this is RMD's invention.

As for story, I doubt R* do have a proper and very good director, who's an artistic guy, like Sam Lake. I'm smelling a shitty off-set story in MP3.

As for gameplay, I doubt R* can manage the Bullet Mode, since this is RMD's invention.

MP3 will definitely have Bullet-time, you can see it in the trailer.

As I've said, I'm not a big fan of Rockstar, so I'm still a bit skeptical. They did impress me some with Red Dead Redemption though, which I thought was head and shoulders above any of their previous titles.

They're also very familiar with the previous Max Payne titles, having done the Playstation 2 ports for both of them. I'm hoping that degree of familiarity keeps them from straying too far away from the atmosphere of the earlier games.

Biffstradamus predicts another great franchise is about to be raped to death.

Last edited:
What does "emo" mean? I see this term used quite a lot, but what exactly does it mean?

Emo is just a poor imitation of goth.

In part it is as I perceive it as well.

Plus "emo" seems to mean "emotional", too. In general. In a rather cynic sens it seems to sometimes mean "whiner" or so, too.

There is a Wikipedia article on it, but it doesn't explain its use in forums, I guess. Becaue, as far as I perceive it, there is kind of a gap between the "official" usage of the word (as found in Wikipedia) and an "informal" use (which is far more cynic and sometimes ven meant as harassment).

For example, the German Wikipedia article nearly exclusively talks about "Emo" as a music phenomenon.

It almost doesn't say a single word on its other meanings (that "emotional" part, which apparingly seems to have developed more or less independently from the music-related thing).

I am becoming more aware of the 'Features' section of games as I feel that it is a good representation of what is the game about, and some sort of a committment from the developer to deliver.

Looking at the feature aspects of max payne 3, the emphasis is on animation, realism, gunplay and multiplayer. This sounds like a 6 hour on rails campaign and tacked on multiplyer to increase its life and price. So besides the multiplayer (which I am not interested in), I can't see much reply value in this game, and is just another shooter. Guess this is what max payne is all about!

I think that they should have a different price tag for such shooter games; it is not fair to charge the full price for a game like Skyrim with many play hours and a 6 hour on rails shooter!

This sounds like a 6 hour on rails campaign and tacked on multiplyer to increase its life and price. So besides the multiplayer (which I am not interested in), I can't see much reply value in this game, and is just another shooter. Guess this is what max payne is all about!

I think that they should have a different price tag for such shooter games; it is not fair to charge the full price for a game like Skyrim with many play hours and a 6 hour on rails shooter!

But you do realize that the first two Max Payne games were also relatively short (for their time) rail shooters, don't you? Nevertheless they had high replayability and offered a lot of value.

Skyrim on the other hand totally sucks at delivering a nice compact story within a couple of hours. ;)

Both games are targeted towards imho completely different target adiences.

This is like ... comparing apples with pears.

Back
Top Bottom