P&R&controversies things you might like to know

Guess all the BLM protest's should have been hold to the same standards then?

Newsflash they weren't.

Once again my opinion is this verdict is political and violates your amendments.

In addition the violent protestor's should always be hold accountable I agree.

He has been openly doing some drugs (like cannabis), but I think the extent of his use seems to be large enough to cause some concern among his companies.

Many people can use drugs now and then without severe physical consequences, but if he has really showed up to conferences and meetings in a sorry state, then he likely has real problems.

But I can't access the article, so can't read the article properly...

As far as Twitter (the main gist of the article) goes, the author is nitpicking over a few incidents, but the fact is that under Musk's ownership, it's far more free speech than it was under the old ownership. And it's not even remotely close. (The author doesn't even attempt to deny that, seems he's looking for perfection which realistically is never going to happen in any commercial venture)

Who cares? Twitter/X still sucks. Maybe it sucks slightly less now (though I haven't noticed a difference), but it's still full of the same tired crap nonetheless.

One of my new classes covered some of these media platforms for research purposes. The professor was like, "three percent of the people doing legitimate research might use these. And now we'll move onto some platforms that will actually be of help to you, how to plumb university sites for grant opportunities and real research possibilities".

As far as Twitter (the main gist of the article) goes, the author is nitpicking over a few incidents, but the fact is that under Musk's ownership, it's far more free speech than it was under the old ownership. And it's not even remotely close. (The author doesn't even attempt to deny that, seems he's looking for perfection which realistically is never going to happen in any commercial venture)
Yeah, it's mostly about Twitter since it is where he has touted his free speech absolutism the most.

The point the author is making is, if someone else says something that might impact his money, or if he has to kowtow to dictators for the money to flow, he acts in the name of his purse.

He is far from a free speech absolutist.

Not surprising given his age but he has the best medical care available.

Hard to fathom that he's actually seventy-five. Where do those years go? I'm no lover of monarchs, rather the opposite in fact, yet I hope he gets decent care.

Hard to fathom that he's actually seventy-five. Where do those years go? I'm no lover of monarchs, rather the opposite in fact, yet I hope he gets decent care.
Yes, there's a difference between disliking monarchy and the person who's the monarch. I also find monarchy (even if symbolic) deeply problematic, but still hope he gets good care.

Yup that's it exactly for me, I've no personal issues with the Windsor family yet being Irish and having current and past family members that have suffered from British rule, well, let's just say my history isn't pretty. Time for these old-world mentalities to change and put those resources to helping those less fortunate.

Back
Top Bottom