Square Enix - DX: HR and Dungeon Siege 3 Sales Figures

I might be the only person that liked original Dungeon Siege.

In its defense I must say that when it came out , it was amazing game engine.
Game itself was not that amazing though, because it basically played itself.

But it looked impressive.

And who knows. Seems other people liked it as well... hence the sequels and movies ;)

When did this PC elitist stuff start?

My guess is that it might have started by console gamers noticing PC gamers who don't have consoles demanding a PC port of a game "or they won't play it" (sounds stupid, yes, but I just made it up ;) ) - which might have arrived in some ears as being "elitist" or so ?

No problems with console gamers just tired of PC games being disassembled by the console game design. Hack and slash is not a deep rpg but there are qualities to them that were stripped from DS3. Did not want to insult anyone ,sorry if i did. Just frustrated when great PC games are destroyed to fit for consoles. I own a PS3 for Dark and Demon souls .

Don't worry skavenhorde its just like figuring out the term fan-boy and all the various factions. Consoles makers thrive on this.

Both Consoletards and PC-elitist as people call them in the end were all gamers we just prefer different ways to play.

I wont start another PC-elitist are asshole threads that seems to be everywhere when console players are no different.

I still cant play a fps on a console myself. People always say its better and you will get used to it. Liars.

The problem is a developer taking a classic PC title and reworking it with a different audience in mind. The people asking you "Why so butthurt?", are the new audience.

Regarding consoles: 360 has nothing but shit, PS3 has nothing but shit and the Souls games.

I'm with Dhruin on this one. There's not really a lot of gameplay to strip away - it's a hack'n slash for crying outloud. People are whining for the sake of whining.

When did this PC elitist stuff start? [...]
I guess it was when companies started making games for both system that the hate began. I guess that's when I started hating the console.

Probably, considering that before that there was (and still is) console wars as opposed to console vs PC.

I prefer playing on the PC, but that's because I play games that make full use of a keyboard and mouse and I don't like to play games while sitting in a couch.

I find racing and sport games much easier to play on consoles though.

Oh well, at least a few companies still make the games just for our system in mind. There aren't many like CDP RED is the only one off the top of my head that truly made the game for the PC first and foremost.

are you serious CDP RED? you mean all the resources they didn't waste by throwing them at a failed console version of the first witcher? or the fact that the witcher 2 was clearly created in mind with a port to consoles. if you are talking solely about them pre witcher 1 release i would agree with you, but i definately could think of a number of developers who put pc first and have a much longer/better track record than 1 or 2 games depending on how you look at it--pirahna bytes for example...and also in my view irrational games who are fully capable of release multi-system games that sacrifice very little or nothing at all for pc games. gsc gameworld with 3 stalker pc games in their belt which hopefully will keep their tradition going with stalker 2 which we be a multi-platform release.

Nobody is even close to whining Maylander, Just imagine how much better games would be if they were created for PC . Nobody would even touch consoles. DS3 lack so much quality and features that an ARPG created for PC would have.

What a load of bollocks. If you are honestly upset DS3 doesn't replicate the non-existant gameplay of DS1, I don't know what to say.

Exactly. Although I will say that it is fair to be disappointed in a company like Obsidian - given their history - for not making a deeper experience. Just because the previous games in the series were mindless, shallow hack n' slashers doesn't give Obsidian a pass for making a mediocre game (especially since they're supposedly the "great paragons of true RPGs")

Those figures aren't too bad at all, for their respective genres.

Exactly. Although I will say that it is fair to be disappointed in a company like Obsidian - given their history - for not making a deeper experience. Just because the previous games in the series were mindless, shallow hack n' slashers doesn't give Obsidian a pass for making a mediocre game (especially since they're supposedly the "great paragons of true RPGs")

Ah, now that I can agree with. Yes, I am/was disappointed in the game itself but that's because I thought it was a mouse-controlled loot-driven game like Diablo (or the original DSs) but with Obsidian quests. It's my fault I jumped in before I realised it was a Dark Alliance clone.

To be honest, it might still be an OK game - I haven't really tried very hard to play it. And I still think they have the right to pursue any game style they can get a contract for, so we need to take responsibility for our expectations.

Well, let's see.

In these two sentences you imply that games made for Xbox are made for 8-year-olds. That's quite insulting, isn't it?

Not insulting, he is just identifying the demographic. Though, to be fair I think the demographic is centered on about 13 year old males. Please pass me the hat.

I thought DS1 and 2 were okay, if derivative. DS2 had the edge, although I think I only ever played either with the expansions. DS3 the demo turned me off after about 10 minutes. Was glad they at least had a demo so I could save my money.

I like the genre when done right (think Titan Quest or even Sacred). This was not.

Obsidian was hired to make the game they made, they were asked to make DS into a console game, with console functionality and change the class system.

Both Consoletards and PC-elitist as people call them in the end were all gamers we just prefer different ways to play.

I wont start another PC-elitist are asshole threads that seems to be everywhere when console players are no different.

Careful, now. You're over-generalizing. There's not just two groups with PC on one side and console on the other. That's silly. I do not "prefer" the "console way" over anything. They are two separate things and it all depends on various factors.

Many people feel the need to place themselves in a certain group to get a feeling they belong. That's where it all comes from. It makes it personal. It makes any remark or game release they do not agree with an attack.

And then again, many people do enjoy to be on both sides.

I still cant play a fps on a console myself. People always say its better and you will get used to it. Liars.

You do get used to it. At least, I did. You can't say that nobody gets used to it. You're talking about yourself only.

Not insulting, he is just identifying the demographic. Though, to be fair I think the demographic is centered on about 13 year old males. Please pass me the hat.

I think you don't realize that most adults have done away with their PCs having anything to do with games. They have their computers put nicely on a desk in the corner to load up Facebook and read e-mail. For games, they use their console, because it's much more convenient. Most people are not gamer gamers, in that they don't play 5 hours a day.

You do get used to it. At least, I did. You can't say that nobody gets used to it. You're talking about yourself only.

Yes believe me I know I've tried. I mostly played every game on a pc except console rpgs. The setup never feels right for me when I usually just use a mouse and keyboard. Reminds me of the saying you cant teach an old dog new tricks. It's true.

As for generalizing it's everywhere and I've seen positive and negative sides to all gamers regardless of platform.

One side isn't superior as both sides seem to think. The only problem I have is when a game is designed or ported wrong. Both PC and consoles start on a pc but have to be tailored to each platform to work right.

Many people feel the need to place themselves in a certain group to get a feeling they belong. .
Or some people simply prefer a mouse and a keyboard and an interface that takes the functionality of both into account. I don't want another system running only one range of specific games. That's one thing. The other is thing is all the crap that was originally console only, like QTE. And slowly it got thrown over into PC territory. It's not about being elite, it's about having a preference, having somebody take a huge dump on it, and when complaining, a crowd that goes "oh, ur so elite cuz u complain bout stuff we had to get used to eons ago". Naturally people get emotional.

Back
Top Bottom