Star Wars: Outlaws

Well, that looked great to me. Way better than I expected in the gameplay trailer. I was expecting something closer to the Far Cry formula with a Star Wars theme layed over it.

As for the female protagonist, I continue to be surprised that's an issue with some people. It could be a dick-nippled hermaphrodite from the planet Strapon for all I care, as long as they're well written and don't come across as annoying I'm all for it.

It could be a dick-nippled hermaphrodite from the planet Strapon for all I care, as long as they're well written and don't come across as annoying I'm all for it.
Works for me. (Assuming we're still talking right-handed, obviously. ;))

You do you just like Twitter users are going crazy over the sexy robot. Seems there are extremes to every side and opinion. Not surprised as I'm an old hardcore gamer.

The character looks and sounds better than Frey from Forspoken. High praise indeed!!!! They still couldn't resist going with the shaggy hair idgaf look. I will be waiting for reviews before I put down money for something which might be an exercise in ticking as many boxes as possible.

The character looks and sounds better than Frey from Forspoken. High praise indeed!!!!
Hah, yeah, that's a pretty low bar. Frey was awful. I think they were aiming for gen-z or something, but she even made my gen-z kids cringe.

I will be waiting for reviews before I put down money for something which might be an exercise in ticking as many boxes as possible.
Sounds like a valid concern. A nice shiny Star Wars sheen has fooled me into buying a lack luster game before.

Let's not turn this into just being about the protagonist. Yeah, I would have preferred a choice, but it's not a dealbreaker, and I don't think there's any agenda to tick boxes.

Sorry dad but hey when other posters target your opinion, well you do what gotta do. Personally I would prefer to play a isometric or BioWare style RPG instead.

Seriously why hasn't anyone made a proper SP StarWars RPG since KOTOR 1&2?

Sorry dad but hey when other posters target your opinion, well you do what gotta do. Personally I would prefer an isometric or BioWare style RPG instead.
*Edited* Maybe that was a bit harsh, but why do you always have to beat a dead horse?

Last edited:
Roger good sir consider me gone from the thread and a few posters put on ignore.

Let's not turn this into just being about the protagonist. Yeah, I would have preferred a choice, but it's not a dealbreaker, and I don't think there's any agenda to tick boxes.
Not suprising when we just got a cinematic which focuses on the protagonist with almost no info on the game.

It does look much more story focused than an actual free-form open world Star Wars game. I would love a free-form game but if the story is good then I would be onboard. I have my doubts though based on recent history (except for the Star Wars Jedi games).

Have you seen the second trailer as well? It shows off some actual gameplay.

Ubisoft has an extensive history of open-world games, so I don't see a reason to doubt that it's going to be open-world. They've shown mostly scripted sequences so far, but that's not uncommon when a game is first revealed.

After watching that video I can't say that I care for the constant quips from the protagonist as things are happening. I know it's nothing new - a lot of games do it - but I wish they focused more on meaningful narration and good music/sfx when the narration is taking a break. I'd rather hear what they are thinking and not just wisecrack comments. In games like RDR and Days Gone it is a bit more restrainted and less annoying. A grunt/cry when they get hurt is enough for me. I hope that thing on her shoulder is for more than just comic relief.

The combat looks reasonably good though and the world design does look great as well.

Have you seen the second trailer as well? It shows off some actual gameplay.

I gotta admit, it kinda looks like fun. I'll keep my eye on it.
Makes me wonder whether I should just... bite the EA bullet and try out Fallen Order/Survivor.

I wonder what the sys reqs might be ...

Thinking of the new high sys reqs for win11 alone, I fear that a LOT of money needs to be put aside for *this* ...

Regarding female protagonists : Anyone remember Lara Croft ? ;)
I have nothing against female protagonists, I only feel lightly disturbed that Disney puts ONLY female protagon9ists into their latest movies ... It feels to me like an agenda right now.
But, well, as long as it's fun, i don't care what kind of protagonist i'll play ...

I gotta admit, it kinda looks like fun. I'll keep my eye on it.
Makes me wonder whether I should just... bite the EA bullet and try out Fallen Order/Survivor.
I haven't played Survivor yet, but I thought Fallen Order was really good as long as you don't mind twitchy combat and some platforming.

Back
Top Bottom