The "I Just Bought" thread

After exchanging a few posts in the "Starfield *applause*" thread a couple of weeks ago, I caved and last Saturday I ordered the AMD 6700XT videocard (have to wait for it to arrive)

Now it's just a matter of time before I have to buy a new processor as well. And since I won't get a new mobo now, I'll have to stay in the AM4 family, probably getting a Ryzen 5600 in order to replace my 2700X (I'll use my Wraith Prism aircooler on it, I don't wanna tackle with water coolers).

I can only hope that "Saint FSR 3.0" helps me :)

A Stihl brushcutter. Now I can go medieval on those thorny brambles that are invading the woods and the undergrowth. Before, it was possible to get rid of them with a good weedkiller, but they're not sold anymore. I've tried a few of them recently and it's just not cutting it.

I would have preferred a flame thrower, but the trees would object. Petrol is too expensive these days anyway.

I second that. I've already used one for thick shrubs and it was much easier than with cutters. Of course, they'll get thicker and thicker until (I guess) it will only be a wood spaghetti with no leaves.

I'm wary of those chainsaws, but I think I'll need one again soon to take care of all those trees that keep falling during the storm season. It's become incredibly messy.

As I'm with some physical limitations, it would have to be a tool that I can use comfortably with one hand/arm. In my youth I used plenty of chainsaws, yet wouldn't venture near one now simply because they aren't compatible safety-wise for me. A man has to know his limitations. -p

@Pladio Those look nice. I love gaming with headphones. Been doing it for the better part of 2 decades now. I've never tried the Razer brand, but I hear (no pun intended) they're pretty good. :)

I just bought these.
I haven't ever really bought a gaming headset, so I assume it's better than my work headset I use sometimes.

View attachment 4912
What do they mean by 'passive noise cancellation'? Is that a fancy way to say there's good padding?

I've always used headphones; it's so much immersive and it avoid annoying everyone else in the house. :)

What do they mean by 'passive noise cancellation'? Is that a fancy way to say there's good padding?

I've always used headphones; it's so much immersive and it avoid annoying everyone else in the house. :)
I've got no clue. I don't understand these things.

I tend to game with speakers on low after everyone goes to bed so I feel it may be more. Immersive to have the headset on and really get into it.

Just hope it doesn't burn my ears after extended use.

I tend to play for 2 or 3 hour stretches when kids are in bed.

I have a Razer Nari Ultimate headset. Good headphones. Comes with haptic vibrations which occasionally is nice. I only use it when I'm alone, because the wife insists on talking to me quite often. And sometimes it pays to hear what she's saying..

pibbuR who, since we're both retired now, aren't that much alone anymore.

I tend to game with speakers on low after everyone goes to bed so I feel it may be more. Immersive to have the headset on and really get into it.
Stealing time when possible. I know the feeling. ;)

Just hope it doesn't burn my ears after extended use.

I tend to play for 2 or 3 hour stretches when kids are in bed.
That tends to warm the ears after too long, and it also makes them prone to infection, so it's best to have regular breaks. Not that I always follow this advice. What bothers me most (or helps take a break) is the weight of the headset after a while, but I'd rather have something a little heavier with a better quality (like yours too) instead of small earpieces.

I've been having all sorts of issues with my current keyboard, a Logitech G815. Seems I can never not have issues with it.
For a long time I've hated the rgb implementation. I typically do not use it, and only want it set to uniform light blue color.
But due to logitech's idea of having profiles per game, and having 2 separate pieces of software that control the lighting I constantly have issues where certain games startup and they override my uniform default color.
I've explicitly disabled apps' ability to control the lighting, and for a time that worked, until it either didn't, or other software don't take that disabling into account. So the last fix was to need to manual set each game's profile to be the same as the default one.
It's been an annoying pain in the ass.

For the past few weeks I've got another issues, where certain keys are not registering properly. The space bar being the most inconsistent, especially when I do not hit it dead-center. I guess due to its size and probably how the mechanics of it were done.

I've done some research, and couldn't really find one I was certain I'd want. So the best I could come up with was the Corsair K70 RGB Pro. I hope to not have the same issues managing the rgb. And I hope the keys are more sturdy. These are considerably taller. So I'll need to get accustomed to that. But it's really impressive how I cannot find a solid keyboard, ideally with no rpg (or just one universal color) that's solid enough. I was initially very happy with the logitech one, but their software management is atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom