The "I Just Bought" thread

I returned the headset I bought.
One of the purposes was to use it for both work and gaming but my work laptop didn't allow the firmware to be installed so the mic didn't work properly
Why? Because of OS installed ?

Complimentary to my post from October 1st on this very thread, I got a new CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (I actually got it like 10 days ago).

Now I have a better PC to try and play Starfield and Cyberpunk2077 (this one after I get Phantom Liberty DLC): CPU Ryzen 5 5600 + GPU Radeon RX 6700 XT + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz brand Rise Mode Z.

Not a super PC but yet, it's way way better than my previous config. :)
You dont really need a super PC unless all you care about is gaming in Ultra mode with RT, or have a job that requires a powerful GPU like video editing.

Anyway GPUs are like phones nowadays you upgrade and it's obsolete next year.

I have two rigs one with a AMD 6750 16GB and the other with a Nvidia 3060 12GB.

Aye that sucks but completely understandable. I use to make fun of security like this but working in management for a large retail chain showed why it's nessacary.

It's amazing how and what hackers can use to inflitrate your payment systems.

Yes. It's 100% necessary but I had hoped it would work seemlessly as its not really complex. The headset part worked fine but not the microphone unfortunately. Ill just use the work ones. They're not bad but just not immersive.

Nice! I wish FS did a remaster of DS3 in parallel. ;) I was tempted to try it after Elden Ring, but I don't want to have to guess on which key I need to press in every menu. And DSR is looking old.
If you're worried about DS3 needing a remaster you really need not worry. It's about as close to Elden Ring as can be, and looks nice and plays nice.
If you really want to try it out that's the most polished Dark Souls game, and with a faster and less clunky combat style than the older ones.
Though I still love the other ones, and once you get a little acclimated to the slight jank they're also wonderful. Even DS2 which some in the community seem to be bent on hating. Loved it so much I played through it twice, back to back.

And I played them all for the first time last year, or sometime close to that. And they hold up. But as I said, you need a little degree of patience with the older ones (not DS3, that's perfectly fine). And of course, nerves of steel to not lose your mind due to dying over and over.

If you're worried about DS3 needing a remaster you really need not worry. It's about as close to Elden Ring as can be, and looks nice and plays nice.
If you really want to try it out that's the most polished Dark Souls game, and with a faster and less clunky combat style than the older ones.
Though I still love the other ones, and once you get a little acclimated to the slight jank they're also wonderful. Even DS2 which some in the community seem to be bent on hating. Loved it so much I played through it twice, back to back.

And I played them all for the first time last year, or sometime close to that. And they hold up. But as I said, you need a little degree of patience with the older ones (not DS3, that's perfectly fine). And of course, nerves of steel to not lose your mind due to dying over and over.
I'm talking about the key labels. Like the previous original games, it only shows the controller button labels, so you have to guess them and it's easy to press the wrong key (the logic is also a little weird, with some controller labels requiring sometimes different keyboard keys). I suppose it's just the time to get to know them, but I found it very annoying. There's a mod, but it's overly complicated to setup and it doesn't take into account the remapped keys, so it's useless.

I might still try it, but I'm not sure.

Nope not done yet, I have one final left today and the graduation date is actually the fifteenth of December. I assume sometime after that the degree will ship and, since it's coming from Alberta, Canada, it will likely take some time to get to Florida. I lived in Canada for a dozen years and the mail system there is quite slow compared to the U.S. In any case I'm hoping I get it before Christmas but it might be after that or even January, I suppose. It would be grand to have it before my birthday next week yet I know that won't happen.

Since I was so enamored with my PST sessions, I bought a copy of the official guide book from ebay. Second-hand ofc, but in solid shape.
I like these all-encompassing story and guide books.

I may be starting a collection. I've currently got some FromSoft games ones, which are really useful.

Philips A6606 headphones (Bluetooth)

1190300.jpg

These are bone conduction headphones, which means that they don't cover your ears (and don't put anything in the ear). Thus you will hear everything around you for instance while walking/running/cycling outside. Which is from a safety perspective good. Sound quality, especially for music can't compete with ear covering phones, but actually these headphones are surprisingly good. Anyway, I will mostly listen to audiobooks and similar when using them.

As the image shows, they are also very waterproof (IP67).

These are bone conduction headphones, which means that they don't cover your ears (and don't put anything in the ear). Thus you will hear everything around you for instance while walking/running/cycling outside. Which is from a safety perspective good. Sound quality, especially for music can't compete with ear covering phones, but actually these headphones are surprisingly good. Anyway, I will mostly listen to audiobooks and similar when using them.
Are they quite tolerant to slight changes of position? For example, if you look up and down, or if the headset moves slightly with time?

The feeling must be strange.

I'm glad I learned what bone conduction earphones are so I can avoid them. :)

Not that there's anything wrong with them. I just really dislike being able to hear outside noise when I'm gaming or listening to music. I can see the use for them though.

Back
Top Bottom