What is your favorite tv show(s)?

Carnivàle.

Next to last episode is definitely the best episode of any series I have ever seen. My heart was pounding, my hands were sweaty, my eyes focussed on the screen. I have never experienced similar tension in front of the tele, watching a series, before.

Pity it ended after season 2.

Last edited:
Absolutely loved Carnivàle. The worst thing is when you love a show you and it's axed.... American Gothic, Carnivàle, Deadwood, Firefly.... or when they put it on at a really stupid time (like 2am) and you kept forgetting to record it, or you stay up and watch it and then someone who won't be named snores through the whole thing and you can't hear what's happening anyway.

Just bought the Firefly series today, all this talk about it has convinced me it must be worth seeing, plus I liked Serenity.

My cousin recently introduced me to "The Big Bang Theory", a sitcom about total geeks. I've only watched one episode, but so far it's hilarious! It felt like witnessing one insider after another, I was often wondering if "normal people" would get all the jokes and references due to all the geek talk. Good stuff.

Last edited:
I kinda liked The Big Bang Theory, even though when I first saw the link, I thought it was a documentary. :D

My favorite so far is Boston Legal, this show is just, perfect (imo).

Of the series currently shown on local TV I like Burn Notice the best. Before that it was Torchwood, but Burn Notice has the magical Magnum, PI touch.

Burn Notice is excellent, I agree. The Mentalist is also worth watching!!

I believe this is the best place to tuck this. While wandering that geek-heaven known as Best Buy, I noticed that the Firefly box set (complete series) was marked down from $39.99 to $12.99. I don't think that was an advertised sale price. I've only seen portions of a couple episodes, but for thirteen bucks ya can't hardly go wrong. Anyhoo, for for all you US fans of the show, if ya ain't got the set, now's the time to buy.

Gotta mention the Big Bang Theory again. Having watched the first season now I have to say this is the best and funniest sitcom since Red Dwarf. A real classic and of consistently high quality. If you know a bit or two about RPGs or gaming or are moderately interested in science or anything remotely geeky, you'll laugh your behind off with those guys. If you don't, you'll laugh at them. Either way, you're bound to have lots of fun!

Here are some snippets. The first is about the guys playing Halo. Penny is their (normal) neighbor who has to substitute for the missing fourth team member. Rajesh, the Indian guy, can't talk to women, literally.

- Halo 3
- The Slippery Nipple
- Sheldon the Germaphobe

I believe this is the best place to tuck this. While wandering that geek-heaven known as Best Buy, I noticed that the Firefly box set (complete series) was marked down from $39.99 to $12.99. I don't think that was an advertised sale price. I've only seen portions of a couple episodes, but for thirteen bucks ya can't hardly go wrong. Anyhoo, for for all you US fans of the show, if ya ain't got the set, now's the time to buy.
I'd like to send a quick thanks out to all you loons that recommended Firefly. I opened the box set up this morning, and I would be just finishing it off about now except for the Wild Dogs commandeering the tv for a couple hours. As it stands, I'm ready for the last 3 episodes. What a fun show. Thanks again for the tip, y'all.

Well, as an avid tv-show watcher, I have to answer by categories :

Sci-fi genre :Firefly and Farscape. And if I had to keep only two, all kind of shows, I'd say those two.
I would have added BSG in the row were it not for its most crappy & absurd "God's plan" ending. The "V" 2009 remarke is interesting, although it's still early to really tell.

Historical : Deadwood, Lark Rise to Candleford (yeah, I know, those two couldn't be more different than that on the "polite speech" spectrum :p ), The Tudors (first season).

Cop show : Burn notice

Legal show : Boston Legal.

Drama : Kings, Lark Rise to Candleford (again; besides I'm an addict to victorian/bbc shows).

Comedy : Alf ! :)

Fantasy : Merlin is… sweat, though not great imnsho. Legend of the Seeker : the second season is starting to grow on me (that, and some very sexy actressess in the main cast).

Aside from a few HBO/Showtime shows I watch very little TV.

Current Faves:

- Dexter
- True Blood
- Californication
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Doctor Who
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Chowder

That's about it. Probably watch like 4 hours of TV a week, at most.
On average more like 1.5 hours a week.

And some old faves I'll watch once in a while on DVD or reruns:

- X-Files
- Arrested Development
- Star Trek (original series)
- Deadwood
- Scooby Doo :)

Oh and don't watch them regularly but have seen a few episodes of Monk and BOston Legal, great shows.

I've seen Waters of Mars and didn't care for it. Very horror themed, which is not my taste. The backgrounder on the making of it was far more interesting IMO.

Dexter - my favorite show of all time.

I just watched the season 4 finale, and…. all I can say is wow! I am really glad that I went into that episode completely unspoiled.

Other current favorites are:
True Blood
House
Family Guy
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Some old faves:
The Wire (this would have to be just about the best TV show ever. Genuine 'must see tv')
BSG
Arrested Development
(one of the cleverest live action comedies ever. Another must see)
Futurama
Seinfeld
Deadwood
Rome
(HBO series)

I also loved Buffy and Angel back in the day. Firefly was great too. Actually I might have to rewatch some Angel series 2 now for Darla.

Looking over this list, I have to say, TV has come a long way. There are shows here that really enrich your life, engage your emotions, and make you think. This is a format that is really coming into its own, now. There's still a tonne of junk, but there is also some great stuff out there. Dexter, True Blood, and The Wire really play out like novels for TV with each episode a chapter, each season a volume. Rome and Deadwood too, to a lesser extent.

Back
Top Bottom