Original Sin - Enhanced Edition at E3

That's disappointing. I'm not a fan of random loot in anything other than roguelikes.

I guess I'm not surprised though. Iirc, Dragon Knight Saga also had mostly random loot.

I don't remember if DD did.

That's disappointing. I'm not a fan of random loot in anything other than roguelikes.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the single biggest issue with the game. It's big, but there should have been plenty of opportunity to place loot. It's not THAT big, and it's not totally non-linear, either.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the loot system in itself. Too randomized and doesn't have properly distinct unique items, at least none that I found.

Essentially, loot feels random both in placement and power.

Though it is great news, it is also bad news. I wanted to start a complete replay of it this week. Thought it would be a happy choice after TW3, with its silly humor.
Play Serpent in the Staglands instead :)

Is all of the loot in D:OS random? I didn't play it enough to notice.

Yes all the loot is very random, a few times when I died and hadn't saved the game and opened the same loot in an area it was never the same.

Most games these days use random loot....even the witcher 3. I can't think of many that do not.

With most of the kickstarters doing major patches and two large reworks (wasteland 2 and this one), why would anyone play on release? I haven't played either yet for this very reason. Backed them to get them made but waiting to play the best version.

Easy to do when your game list is long and time is short:)

Well the reworks are funded by the success of the game. I'm not sure we would see a wasteland 2 or D:OS EE if the games were total flop. The better received the more money for the rework. I do realize that DKS was not well received and it was reworked but I think in that case larian blamed the publisher and did the rework on their own (DKS was my favorite but D:OS gameplay is bloody fun; and yes I've been harping on the story rewrite for a long time (had a running argument with stabbey with regards to the story rewrite (he didn't believe one was going to happen). I have every intention of replaying this one when it comes out - but woudlnt' surprise me if the wait is enother 2 to 4 months.

I thought the original story was well done, but I could see a few areas that could be improved or even go in different directions. If done well, this upgrade/change could potentially just turn it into a newer, better version of what was already a superb game, imo.

Excited for this as I didn't finish the first game - got sidetracked by other projects and keep meaning to return to it. Now I will just wait for this to come out!

I prefer their games to have random loot since loot is somewhat like a ARPG and adds replayability. Placed loot really limits replayability for me.

Back
Top Bottom