Skyrim - Remaster Rumored

I just checked my steam hours for Skyrim. Clocked in at 569 hours. I don't think i have another 569 hours in me. But i'd welcome with open arms a remastered version.....

It does feel a bit like some suits sat around a polished table and said "so, for next quarter, I was thinking maybe we could make everyone buy Skyrim all over again for full price. Then we can control how people play it with our new always-online sh*t."

"Good suggestion, Bob. That'll look good on our earnings index."
Usually that is correct as its easy money to just remaster a game. Though I suspect console gamers love them nowadays as remasters are selling like hotcakes right now.

Which brings up the whole supply and demand theory of capitalism.

Played Skryim for maybe ten days, then deleted content. I'd buy a revamped Daggerfall in a heartbeat, but I have no desire whatsoever to replay Skyrim, and I doubt I ever will. It just wasn't that good.

It's definitely a money grab, and will probably only work for console owners. I'm one of the few that enjoyed it on the console over the PC. But now that my PS3 is gone, if this is indeed the case, i'll be getting this for the PS4 (one of the few this release would actually be useful for...)

I'm assuming it should be "relatively" easy. Since the PS4 is x86 based, they should in theory be able to update the code from the xbox360 version and release it on both new consoles. Here's hoping they provide 21:9 Ultrawide support for consoles.

So it will probably cost $40 with the same content & better graphics?o_O

If so count me out as I see no benefit in buying the game once again.

I'm an huge skyrim fan, so this will be right on my alley. I will wait for steam sale or something though. I'm not in hurry, but eventually I will grab it when the price is right (about 10 € or something). :)

Played Skryim for maybe ten days, then deleted content. I'd buy a revamped Daggerfall in a heartbeat, but I have no desire whatsoever to replay Skyrim, and I doubt I ever will. It just wasn't that good.

Try it with the mod "Requiem".

Requiem is a great mod. Adds a lot of new cool stuff and makes the game much more challenging and with the feel of an old-school RPG.

I very much doubt this rumor is true. The technology just hasn't evolved enough since the release of Skyrim. It would be a rather blatant cash grab, and Bethesda generally doesn't do that (yes, yes, I know about horse armor, but for the most part they make quality stuff where you get a lot of bang for your bucks).

I very much doubt this rumor is true. The technology just hasn't evolved enough since the release of Skyrim. It would be a rather blatant cash grab, and Bethesda generally doesn't do that (yes, yes, I know about horse armor, but for the most part they make quality stuff where you get a lot of bang for your bucks).

Well, Skyrim was one of their biggest games ever, and they're probably really eager to get it nailed down under the whole bethesda.net scheme to control how people play and get the ability to steal whatever mods they want.

I hope this rumor is true and that they are going to update the renderer to DirectX 11 on the PC.

The ridiculous 4GB VRAM limit on Windows 8.x/10 for DirectX 9 games is preventing many people from using the highest quality mods in games like Skyrim, Vegas or FO3.
Since it is unlikely that Microsoft gives even a tiny little fuck, it would be much appreciated if Bethesda would elevate their game(s) to the next level.
Most mid/high end graphics cards that are coming out now, or will be coming out in a month, will have 8GB VRAM. It would be great to be able to actually use it in a game like Skyrim on versions newer than Win 7.

Since it is unlikely that Microsoft gives even a tiny little fuck, it would be much appreciated if Bethesda would elevate their game(s) to the next level.

errrrr.... because, unlike Microsoft, Bethesda is well known for giving a fuck?

It worked well for The Last of Us remastered, which was PS4 only. I can't see why it wouldn't work for a game that has been much more successful and released on a wider range of platforms.

Well, perhaps remaster means they fix all that is broken?

Hmm, wait that would mean an entirely new game.

It doesn't strike me as that far-fetched. They remastered Dishonoured, and it would bring one of their biggest sellers to the PS4 and XBone, along with shifting it to their Bethnet platform for PC (and helping to push that platform in the process). I don't imagine it would be technically much of an improvement, but that wouldn't really be the point.

If it does happen, it might be interesting for modders, as Moriendor mentioned. The are several limitations and bugs in the old DX9 build, and many of those could be rectified even if it's still using the same creaky old engine.

Good, maybe this time they'll get it right. :p
Ok, ok...trolling a bit here. Hmm, this will be interesting...not so much when it comes to Skyrim, but Bethesda's (ethical) approach here.
If they redesign UI, add some gameplay/visual enhancements, improve stability, etc, etc then it's fine.

Make sense for Bethesda as Ripper said. I don't care what they do with their walking simulators/toyboxes - but just don't touch F:NV and release it drm free.

There better bloody well be a big discount/free for people who own the original and all the DLC or those who bought the legendary edition. I bought the legendary edition and haven't even played it yet! I did finish the base game with no dlc/mods though.

This will be the 3rd time some people have had to buy the game to get the "complete" experience and that just isn't right.

I also wouldn't be surprised if by "remaster", they just mean "we're releasing it pretty much as it is on the new consoles".

They remastered Dishonoured

That wasn't a remaster, it was just a port to the new consoles with all the DLCs included for $40 ($20 if you already owned it on the old systems).

I can see Skyrim Legendary Edition being re-released on the new consoles like it though.

That wasn't a remaster, it was just a port to the new consoles with all the DLCs included for $40 ($20 if you already owned it on the old systems).

I can see Skyrim Legendary Edition being re-released on the new consoles like it though.

It was a port to the consoles, but it was also a remaster - they went back to the original game and upgraded (slightly) some aspects for the newer consoles . As I just said, I suspect that's all they're going to do with Skyrim, too.

Back
Top Bottom