Skyrim - Remaster Rumored

Try it with the mod "Requiem".

Does Requiem fix melee weapon hit ranges to actually match the visual? Vanilla gives them longer reaches than they should based on the way they look so you'd get hit even if it looks like it should've missed you by a mile

Perhaps I should download all of the mods on the Nexus and be ready to hand them out for free :) I'd suggest people turn off auto-update of their Skyrim game so that they don't get the Bethesda.net version given to them :)

I assume this sort of thing is more targeted to console gamers than PC gamers. They'll re-release the game with "improved graphics" on PS4 and XBone. If you play it on PC then you can just use all the enhancement mods obviously.

You've all misinterpreted this rumor.

They're clearly making an Oculus Rift port of Battlespire.

We need a remastered Skyrim like we need a treadmill on wheels.

Don't underestimate greed or stupidity
http://i.imgbox.com/nOPZQGsi.jpg

Considering Bethesda's attitude, if this Skyrim Remaster is true I'd be surprised if a number of sentiments already expressed aren't spot on.

That being it due to consoles and mods with Bethesda wanting to shove themselves inbetween their games and mods. Still looking for a way that they can benefit, even more than they already do, from others work.

Part of me hopes Bethesda ends up killing their modding community with their antics, or at least makes them hostile. I'd rather that talent go elsewhere than be filtered or controlled by a company, especially the likes of Bethesda.

Well, Skyrim was one of their biggest games ever, and they're probably really eager to get it nailed down under the whole bethesda.net scheme to control how people play and get the ability to steal whatever mods they want.

I do not mean to get in the way of your Bethesda bashing (as it is pretty much correct ^^) but Bethesda already owns all mods made for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Part of the EULA of the Skyrim Creation Kit:

You automatically grant to Bethesda Softworks the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or dispose of the New Materials (or any part of the New Materials) in any way Bethesda Softworks, or its respective designee(s), sees fit.

This part is the same since Morrowind.
Hence they already have all the rights to do what they want with any mod out there ;-)

The rumored remaster is coming onto playstation 4.5 or whatever the name of the new Sony console that allows 4K will be.
And it's remaster my arse. Remaster basically means polishing the source recording. This is practically a port.

Mmm… lack of super high-res graphics wasn't the problem for me. I disliked the main quest with all its constant dragon combat, and (following a restart without the main quest) just grew bored with it. Can they fix that?

It was a port to the consoles, but it was also a remaster - they went back to the original game and upgraded (slightly) some aspects for the newer consoles . As I just said, I suspect that's all they're going to do with Skyrim, too.

They used the PC version assets (go read the reviews), so much remastering...

There are a bunch of mods with 'Requiem' in the name. Is there a more specific 'Requiem' you can point out? I'd like to take a look at the mod brought up in this thread.

I do not mean to get in the way of your Bethesda bashing (as it is pretty much correct ^^) but Bethesda already owns all mods made for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Part of the EULA of the Skyrim Creation Kit:

This part is the same since Morrowind.
Hence they already have all the rights to do what they want with any mod out there ;-)

So they have the right to use any mod the way they want and yet they barely manage to introduce anything new with their games? Impressive

They used the PC version assets (go read the reviews), so much remastering…

I think this is really splitting hairs, and though some reviews noted that Dishonoured: Definitive Edition was essentially on a par with the PC version, we don't really know what work they did to improve it. Certainly, by naming it the "definitive edition", the implication is that it was improved over the original release, which, in the context of the consoles, was true. Whether it should be called a "remaster", I don't know, since the term is only used loosely outside of its meaning in the audio/video industry.

But we're discussing the likelihood of this Skyrim remaster rumour being true. The point is, and the reason I mentioned it, is that if they did it for Dishonoured, it doesn't seem far-fetched that they will do it for Skyrim. As I also said, I think the most likely thing is that it will just be essentially another re-release for the new consoles, with minor improvements.

This will be the 3rd time some people have had to buy the game to get the "complete" experience and that just isn't right.

How is it the third time?

AFAIK, the Legendary Edition is just an expansion bundle. Anyone who bought vanilla and the expansions separately basically has a "Legendary Edition". There is no additional content to the best of my knowledge.

I agree with you though that they should implement a Steam check for whether people own the game and then make it possible to buy a potential remastered edition for a discount so it'd be <= $/€9.99 max for owners of the game.
Other games have done the same so Bethesda should follow suit.

Skyrim has beautiful visuals. Especially the ice cave shaders are amazing and how well they did the snow! Somebody in the team spilled heart and soul into winter and arctic environments.

Well, perhaps remaster means they fix all that is broken?

Hmm, wait that would mean an entirely new game.

Yes! Skyrim threads just aren't the same until you join :p

Maybe in several more years they will remaster the remaster. And then years after that remaster, they will remaster the remaster of the remaster.

Remasters for everybody!! :D

Maybe in several more years they will remaster the remaster. And then years after that remaster, they will remaster the remaster of the remaster.

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

I believe this image fits the criteria better Emma.:lol:

R8xuYNN.png

Back
Top Bottom