Skyrim - Remaster Rumored

Thank you very much! Looks very interesting I think I'm going to try this out…

I'd consider using one of the alternative start mods with Requiem. Because everything is set at a realistic and static level, the imperial guards in the starting dungeon are about 15 levels above you. Lots of people get a bad impression of Requiem from this, because it can be a very frustrating experience. It's much better if you just start out in the world, and choose what to tackle first.

Glad to see that you want to check it our TheMadGamer. I hope you will enjoy it. No combat mod is recommended, rather the mod author recommends one plays without other mods the first time one plays Requiem.

I respectfully disagree Ripper.
The standard start is actually making the beginning of requiem easier. You gain some decent equipment, potions and the guards can be taken down rather easily with the help of your friend from stormcloaks/empire. Some autosaving or quicksaving is useful though. After that you end up in the easiest part of the world map where you will struggle with wolves and the likes. I have used alternative start mods but it is usually much more demanding.

It's been a few years since I used it, my knowledge might be out of date. The Helgen dungeon certainly used to be a sticking point for a lot of people. I also could have sworn they used to recommend one of the combat mods, maybe Duel or Deadly Combat. They may have implemented the combat changes they needed in the main mod now.

I think Requiem is very interesting. It adds a lot of new items, books and other things, as well as re-balances the entire game, makes combat *much* more deadly, takes away some, if not all of the level-scaling, and makes the game feel like an RPG of yesteryear. I enjoyed it quite a bit the several hours I spent with it. I have to get back to it sometime - I started having mod conflict issues and annoying bugs with several other mods I had running that caused me to shelve it for now.

1 - no remaster will fix one of the weakest main stories in a game I have ever played that was to be an AAA game.

2 - graphics what?

3 - Enderal is just around the corner, which is a complete rebuild by people that seem to care that gamers get a good game.

3 - Enderal is just around the corner, which is a complete rebuild by people that seem to care that gamers get a good game.
You sold me at number three. :lol:

Can't wait to play Enderal next month if it's not delayed.

Thankfully Bethesda & Zenimax have never issued a cease & desist order.

You sold me at number three. :lol:

Can't wait to play Enderal next month if it's not delayed.

Thankfully Bethesda & Zenimax hasn't issued a cease & desist order.

Well we know they very interested in this game, maybe they want to know what they could have done with their engine if they cared.

Well we know they very interested in this game, maybe they want to know what they could have done with their engine if they cared.
True they should hire the Sure AI to make more games like Enderal. One plus to this would let Sure AI make their own original RPG that they want to develop faster.

I would much rather see them go it on their on kickstarter.
Yes but they mentioned before that a kickstarter wasn't a good, or reliable way to raise enough funds to make their own RPG, Right now you donate to the team at least.

I'm assuming it should be "relatively" easy. Since the PS4 is x86 based, they should in theory be able to update the code from the xbox360 version and release it on both new consoles. Here's hoping they provide 21:9 Ultrawide support for consoles.
Doesn't really work like that, the CPU doesn't matter all that much - compiler takes care of those details. (And btw, the Xbox 360 wasn't x86-based anyway.) PS3 and PS4 both use APIs which are different from the DirectX API that's used on Xbox 360/One and Windows. Porting this "remastered" version to the PS4's new API will probably be the biggest pain in the ass of the whole thing for them, although they would have already gone through the process of porting their engine to the PS4 during the making of Fallout 4, so maybe not that much of a pain.

I very much doubt this rumor is true. The technology just hasn't evolved enough since the release of Skyrim. It would be a rather blatant cash grab, and Bethesda generally doesn't do that (yes, yes, I know about horse armor, but for the most part they make quality stuff where you get a lot of bang for your bucks).
It has on consoles, they can do a lot more on the PS4 and Xbox One than they could on the consoles Skyrim was originally released for. The consoles that Skyrim ran on were already total Dark Ages equipment even at the time of Skyrim's original release. Most people play these Bethesda games on consoles anyway so I'm sure that's where this would be primarily aimed.

Doesn't really work like that, the CPU doesn't matter all that much - compiler takes care of those details. (And btw, the Xbox 360 wasn't x86-based anyway.) PS3 and PS4 both use APIs which are different from the DirectX API that's used on Xbox 360/One and Windows. Porting this "remastered" version to the PS4's new API will probably be the biggest pain in the ass of the whole thing for them, although they would have already gone through the process of porting their engine to the PS4 during the making of Fallout 4, so maybe not that much of a pain.

Ah you're right. I'm stuck in original xbox mode. Either way, i'm sure they had a lot of optimization to get Skyrim to work on those consoles which usually means some direct hardware optimization. I think now having 8gb over 256mb of ram should help out quite a bit.

Hey, there's been a lot of discussion in this thread about going back to Daggerfall or one of the earlier settings (and about how a Skyrim remaster is a waste of time/effort), so I just wanted to show you these gorgeous photos of another project, Beyond Skyrim, snapped in a recreated High Rock:

tumblr_o8lsisrowz1tka5aqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8lsisrowz1tka5aqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8lsisrowz1tka5aqo3_1280.jpg

I don't know when - or if - we'll see this one, but we can always dream…

There better bloody well be a big discount/free for people who own the original and all the DLC or those who bought the legendary edition. I bought the legendary edition and haven't even played it yet! I did finish the base game with no dlc/mods though.

This will be the 3rd time some people have had to buy the game to get the "complete" experience and that just isn't right.

You got your wish:

1znc23d.jpg

Legendary Edition is selling for $20 right now, and the Special Edition is already taking pre-orders (on Amazon) at $60. That doesn't make much sense, if the upgrade is free.

Legendary Edition is selling for $20 right now, and the Special Edition is already taking pre-orders (on Amazon) at $60. That doesn't make much sense, if the upgrade is free.

Which Amazon? Amazon.com only has the console versions for $60 and no PC version. The PC version is free for owners of the game as Todd Howard stated.

No clue what Todd Howard said, I'm going off of what Caddy linked from Twitter. It implies that Special Edition is only free if you own Legendary Edition or if you own the base game and then go out and buy every DLC. So, Special Edition itself will never be sold on Steam, you just buy Legendary Edition (or all your missing DLC's) and then you have it?

Back
Top Bottom